Well this I think woul be great news over the years these have been my favorite manufactures of cell phones........ Thoughts?
    12-13-07 11:11 AM
    Where did you find this information?
    12-13-07 02:16 PM
    I hadn't seen anything definitive yet. Closest I saw was this:

Dell, HP, RIM seen as potential buyers -- chicagotribune.com
    12-13-07 02:26 PM
    Pure speculation, no substance.
    12-13-07 02:47 PM
    lol at least if RIM bought Motorola, they might get out the whole "we invented the RAZR so we're gonna make all our phones look like one" phase.
    12-13-07 02:56 PM
    Although speculation, it would be major if RIM does buy Motorola. The possibilities

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-14-07 05:14 PM
    Yes it is they are the third potential buyer behind:
    1. Dell
    2. HP
    3. Rim
    12-17-07 03:58 PM
    Lol rim buying out moto hopfully th build quality would go up instead of down an the phones would not blow up with the batteries and kill you

12-25-07 12:54 AM
    Lol rim buying out moto hopfully th build quality would go up instead of down an the phones would not blow up with the batteries and kill you

12-25-07 01:36 AM
    Don't know if RIM buying moto is good. I'm not impressed with Motos quality but it would give RIM another market for sales.

12-25-07 03:02 AM
    Not going to happen. RIM has a great thing going; why buy a struggling company like Motorola?
    12-25-07 07:56 AM
    I can not stand Moto. I have a razor and I loathe it greatly. I do not want Rim to buy them out just for the reason Galv said, the product may go down, it would be the BB that would suffer, Moto is already pretty crappy.
    12-28-07 10:14 AM
    Never!!!! Wishfull thinking
    12-29-07 07:00 PM
    I don't think Motorola would be a good partner. RIM is already strong in North America. It would make more sense to pair up with a big player in Asia and Europe although I don't expect anything to happen for the coming year as RIM is doing quite well on its own.
    01-03-08 05:43 PM
    I haven't heard anything about this
    01-07-08 08:17 AM
    Motorola struggling? Really?

And poor quality? I personally found Motorola to make the best cell phones out there. I haven't used one of their phones in a year and a half since I moved over to data devices, but the RAZR, Star Tac and a few others I have used were amazing phones for their generation.
    01-07-08 12:58 PM
    i believe motorola is a GREAT phone always good quality
    01-07-08 01:35 PM
    Then we could go back to the 'Bag-berry'.

I like my phone without the backpack, thank you.
    01-07-08 11:29 PM
    Motorola is a money pit, i dont think RIM would ever buy them. Motorola has no connection to RIM and it would not seem to benefit them to purchase MOTO
    01-11-08 04:33 PM
    No, no, no and no.

If Research in Motion (RIM) purchase and start releasing devices based on Motorola products, I will NEVER (did you miss that RIM? N-E-V-E-R) buy a BlackBerry product again!

I've worked in the retail side of the telecommunications industry for years and after seeing so many Motorola products come back with manufacturing faults, I don't trust them as far as I can spit!

Whilst I couldn't put an official figure to it, I would put them (Motorola) as being in the top three most unreliable manufacturers in Australia (FYI, NEC is the worst and LG is second, though LG is slowly improving)...

01-18-08 05:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD