Hi,
    Like the title says, I received the September update about a week ago (September 28th or 29th). After the update first my hub didn't pull messages / emails. I had to reboot my phone a couple of times to get the hub to work.

Ever since the update the phone randomly freezes and slows down. I have also seen instances when it heats up for no reason and needs to cool down.

Has anyone else experienced these problems?

These problems existed before the update but they were very random. After the update I see these issues at least 1-2 times everyday.
    10-04-17 05:59 AM
    Clear your cache
    Settings > Storage and USB > Internal storage > (wait for it to calculate) > Cached data > hit OK to clear cached data.
    Wait till it recalculates, then do a 32 second power button reset. (Hold the power button down for at least 32 seconds, longer wont hurt anything.)
    10-04-17 06:33 AM
    Thanks! I tried this about 24 hours ago and that seemed to have helped :-)

Clear your cache
    Settings > Storage and USB > Internal storage > (wait for it to calculate) > Cached data > hit OK to clear cached data.
    Wait till it recalculates, then do a 32 second power button reset. (Hold the power button down for at least 32 seconds, longer wont hurt anything.)
    10-04-17 08:13 PM
    So ... that euphoric performance lasted for about 4 hours. I'm back to slow responses, sluggish screen loads, apps taking between 10-15 seconds to open, etc

Other than reloading the factory image, do I have any other options at this point?
    10-15-17 01:39 PM
    It's not the update, or there would be a whole lot of posts and several threads about this. Very, very slim chance that your particular update got a bit of corruption during downloading or installing.
    Odds are extremely high that it's an app. A whole lot of apps get updated around the same time as the security updates. And it could be an app that worked fine with the previous OS version, but just won't play nice the new one.
    If you use Face Book, (or any social app) check your app settings. FB is good at turning things on in an update, that you have previously turned off.
    Boot into safe mode, (Touch and hold on Power off until the safe mode prompt appears, then tap OK.) If the problems go away in safe mode, then it's an app, good luck figuring out which one.
    Google's default is to reload all of your apps, (and settings for many) after an autoload, (reloading factory image). So you would prob just reload your problem. If you go with an OS reload, make sure you first go to your Google account, and turn of the auto reload. Then run the autoloader. Put your apps back on one at a time, giving at least a day between each one, to avoid loading the same app that is messing you up.
    A lot of people do 'fix' their phones with a reload, without disabling the Google auto app reload feature. Since it's a total reload of 'fresh' apps on a fresh OS, this makes sense, But a lot of people end up with the same app causing the same problems, and still have no clue which one it is. Given how much effort and time is involved in an OS reload, I wouldn't take the chance.
    10-16-17 06:46 AM
    just open developers options... turn off windows animation scales all of them and that will be all.
    10-16-17 03:41 PM
    just open developers options... turn off windows animation scales all of them and that will be all.
    Definitely helps speed things up, but OP indicates every thing was fine till Sept update. So it's not going to cure his underlying issue.
    10-17-17 05:10 AM