I just read this article from PC World on the Next wave of awesome cell phones. In the article it announces the Curve 8900. The first lines in the Curve 8900 article say the following:

If you've had second thoughts about the BlackBerry Bold, regarding it as chunky and slightly underequipped, take a look at the forthcoming Curve 8900.

Can someone explain to me what the underequipped statement means for the Bold? I don't get on Crackberry much and I have no idea what they are talking about.

Thanks for any help given.

Oh here is the link to the article:

Meet the Next Wave of Awesome Cell Phones - MSN Tech & Gadgets - Slide Shows - Products - 9

Best,

Otto
    12-10-08 09:11 AM
    I don't know about "underequiped", but rather equipped differently. The 8900 has a slightly taller screen, and a slower processor but faster transfer bus (I think).

Unless size is HUGE issue for you, I can't see the 8900 being overall superior to the Bold.
    12-10-08 09:18 AM
    No 3G on the Curve 8900. A deal breaker for me, but I guess it will be really nice for the people that don't have 3G or would rather not use 3G for battery issues.

Getting a new phone is always nice!
    12-10-08 09:23 AM
    I have no 3G in my area, but would still rather have it available for the times I do travel to 3G areas.
    12-10-08 09:29 AM
    One reason I wouldn't get the 8900 is because of no 3G.
    12-10-08 10:01 AM
    I guess they could be referring to the camera. Otherwise, I don't know either.
    12-10-08 10:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD