its like this everytime i use jivatalk and sign on to aim my phone battery dies soo fast it probly last for about 3 hours. but when im signed out my 8310 battery last waaay longer. is that normal? or is my battery mess up?
    12-10-08 02:04 AM
    Some applications that are not native to the device do use up the battery much faster. I know when I use my GPS navigator, it cuts my battery life in 1/2. I'd suggest getting a spare battery. You can order one here at: https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=aKr6q3cr. They are about $20 and a great investment if you are using alternative applications on your device.

Enjoy your addiction™
    12-10-08 03:02 AM
    Joe makes a good point on the spare, but if you are going to go
    the new battery route, I'd suggest an extended battery instead.
    One less thing to carry.
    12-10-08 03:16 AM
    thanks im sure going to take up on that.
    12-10-08 04:32 AM
    My jivetalk is signed on 24/7... When I leave it on overnight with no activity... It only drains 5% of my battery 8 hours later... I probably get 3 hours of of nonstop texting on jivetalk... Otherwise the drain is minimal for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-10-08 05:05 AM
    If you're using JiveTalk, check your Preferences and make sure that Battery Save Mode when Idle is check marked. If it's not, then that's what could be draining your battery.
    12-10-08 10:48 AM
    My Curve was doing this recently and I realized that I had left the BBerry Maps GPS Navigation on without knowing. I ASSUMED the navigation would stop once I closed the app. Crazy, right?
    12-10-08 11:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD