I don't normally rant like this, but after an hour and 10 minute call with VZW, i felt it necessary to rant about this.

My storm experience has been great so far...I really enjoy the phone, its my first blackberry, and i'm amazed with all the stuff that I can do with it. It was a learning curve getting used to the click but it became very fluid in no time. On friday night (12/5) I was getting off of work and noticed my screen was not rebounding at all...I was kinda worried but 5 minutes later it was fine. The next day(12/6), on my way out to do some errands, the same problem happened again, and 5 minutes later it rebounded. I decided to call VZW tech support and let them know what the deal was. Thru the automated system, I was put in contact with "karad" in the houston tech support call center. This guy was the example of what VZW's customer service is, and what I've experienced in the past and what I come to expect from the Network. While talking to him, I found out he went to the University of Texas, and since I go to Texas A&M, him and I spent some time talking football, and just some small chat while he was looking up what he could do. He then offered to replace the phone since typing and using the click is such a big part of the User Interface. He called the two local stores in College Station to see if they had any in stock to swap with. They didn't so he had to get a Supervisors authorization to get one shipped overnight to me. Karad said, "it wouldn't ship Sunday or Saturday but that it would be shipped Monday and will be to your house before 3pm on Tuesday." I was surprised by this, really I was, and I went away happy. Completely Satisfied with the service that I received.

Well fast forward to tonight, 3pm roles around, and no phone. Not a big deal, FedEx usually runs slow in my area...I'm usually one of the last stops in town. Well, at work again tonight, my phone's screen completely locks into the down position. Let it sit, on my desk for a while and it never did anything towards rebounding the screen. I had to find out what was going on with my shipment, called up tech support on a coworkers phone. Talked with Mark(2080), explained to him what happened on Saturday. He looked up my order number and told me it hasn't been processed yet. This caught me off guard completely, after the 1st guy with a supervisor's knowledge said the phone would be shipped Monday and that I would have it Tuesday. As well as Mark informed me that the phone wouldn't be shipped until the 15th of December "at the earliest". Not only is this a complete contradiction to what I was told originally, but I cannot be without a phone for a week. Mark had no solution for me what so ever, this is where his lack of customer service became apparent. He never offered anything, he just said he "understood" my frustration. I wasn't looking for an understanding of the situation, I wanted an answer that would help me fill the need of having a cell phone as well as, to have the original expectations met as close to the original plan as possible. He pretty much said there was nothing he could do. I do still have my MotoQ, luckily I didn't ebay it after picking up my storm...but the browser doesn't work, and e-mail doesn't work either(its a 1gen motoQ)...he said he could reconnect that one. But with me starting a new job, I need to be able to have email sent to me, where ever I go...and the MotoQ is still an inconvenience.

I asked to speak with Mark's supervisor, b/c I knew he wasn't gonna help me what so ever...and I wanted to complain about this whole situation. Well he wouldn't transfer me to one, at all. Said they were all out of the office, or in training. This I couldn't believe what so ever....of a company the size of verizon, and a call center in Houston, he couldn't even locate a supervisor for me. He was stubborn towards this, and I could easily tell...that he wasn't willing to help in this request at all. He said I could leave a voicemail and a supervisor would call me back, but I was borrowing a phone...and eating up a coworkers minutes. He offered to do this 3-4 times, each time forgetting that I don't have a phone available to talk on. After requesting for a supervisor, I wanted to file a complaint with Customer Service about Mark. I asked to be transferred Customer Service, he was quick in doing this...when I asked that, I was immediately thrown on hold and transferred to Customer Service. I knew he wanted me off the line.

Sitting on hold for a couple minutes, I talked with Tonya, who got my info...and transferred me to her supervisor. This is where Ancida(4395) comes in. She fed me the same rehashed story that Mark gave me. This time blaming everything on Karad, said there was nothing she could do. I kept explaining to her, that her company needs to stand behind what their employee says and to rectify the situation. This is what customer service is about. She kept trying to keep me focused on the phone problem, while I was trying to focus on the bad customer service that I was receiving...and nothing being done what so ever to fix the problem. She also used the line "I understand" she said this probably 10-20 times. I stopped her and told her I appreciate her sympathy, but its not helping the situation at all. At this point I knew I wasn't gonna get anywhere with Customer Service either....I ended the phone call...told her I'm sorry that she had to deal with such a long drawn out issue as this and that I would be calling in the morning to further speak with Customer Service.

In all my time talking with these two, I reiterated the points of A.) I was not completely satisfied with their customer service, & B.) That I'm still with-in the 30-days and that I could easily jump to another provider if this problem is not fixed. They just didn't care what so ever...

I am not happy with Verizon right now, I am thinking about switching providers b/c of these two employee's gross disregard to rectifying a situation. I will be talking with Customer Service again in the morning...and see if I can get an actual straight answer from someone. I'll keep you guys updated.

-jon
    12-10-08 12:21 AM
    cliffs: verizon said they would have phone shipped monday(12/8) overnight, phone doesn't show on (12/9), call verizon again and receive the worst Customer Service.
    12-10-08 12:22 AM
    Damn that sucks bro. I was without my BB (Sprint) for like two days and I thought I was gonna go crazy! Also, that is terrible customer service. I would be highly pissed. I commend you for not completely ripping them over the phone. Sorry to hear that

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-10-08 12:30 AM
    I have had no problems with VZW customer service, they have been great to me.
    12-10-08 12:45 AM
    I know dealing with cs can be a pain but what I don't understand is what you expect them to do..

There isn't currently enough phones for everyone who wants one..

thousands and thousands maybe even millions who are trying to get this phone..

so instead of asking to rectify the situation with a option that they more then likely have no control over.

What would your suggestion be?

want a curve instead?

want a credit on your account?

it seems like you want the storm to be in your hands tomorrow which with how little are available in there hands how is that possible?

yes there is some floating around out there at some best buys and maybe even some verizon wireless stores..

but they can't ship something they may not even have?

ask for a credit and a extension on your 30 days..

or something

Don't get me wrong I do agree that the customer service would have gotten me frustrated in the same situation but you have to think that IT really may be out of your hands....

when i called and whispered the word of cancelation to another carrier.. I instantly had better service than I received from any carrier ever..

thats why it is tough to believe that more then one person said that there was nothing they could do to get you the phone tomorrow...

It sucks that you have this problem..

living without a phone for a bit also sucks.. but to be honest you should never make email be so important that when you don't have it you lose your mind because email is not 100 percent stable and guaranteed to work ever..

To be honest we all have to let out our frustration somewhere and I am hoping that my post helps you out a bit and doesn't make it more frustrating I have been in the same boat with other things.. so I understand completely.
    12-10-08 12:47 AM
    Verizon has the best customer service of any company I have dealt with IMO. It one of the strong suits I think. It just sound like the first guy over extended himself. Yeah it sucks you didn't get your phone but they have limited stock and can't just pull a storm out of their ****'s.
    12-10-08 12:52 AM
    sounds like a bad batch of tech support. This is my first BB but I have been on Verizon for almost 8 years now and I have never come across any issues like this before. The thing with the storm is the limited quantity provided to the stores. I went into the VZW store about a week after I got the phone because the screen stopped working, touch and click, and of course as soon as I pass over the front door barrier of "everything works fine here" the phone worked fine and has so since. The guy I talked to said that the phone has been backordered all over the country and if I wanted to grab a new one I would have to wait until the 15th. I had an Alias before my BB and went through three of them in a six month period and was able to get a brand new phone once and a refurbished one the second time. I did it right in the store and it only took ten minutes. I say wait till the 15th and then go to a store, screw shipping and waiting for it to get there.
    12-10-08 12:56 AM
    I know dealing with cs can be a pain but what I don't understand is what you expect them to do..

There isn't currently enough phones for everyone who wants one..

thousands and thousands maybe even millions who are trying to get this phone..

so instead of asking to rectify the situation with a option that they more then likely have no control over.

What would your suggestion be?

want a curve instead?

want a credit on your account?

it seems like you want the storm to be in your hands tomorrow which with how little are available in there hands how is that possible?

yes there is some floating around out there at some best buys and maybe even some verizon wireless stores..

but they can't ship something they may not even have?

ask for a credit and a extension on your 30 days..

or something

Don't get me wrong I do agree that the customer service would have gotten me frustrated in the same situation but you have to think that IT really may be out of your hands....

when i called and whispered the word of cancelation to another carrier.. I instantly had better service than I received from any carrier ever..

thats why it is tough to believe that more then one person said that there was nothing they could do to get you the phone tomorrow...

It sucks that you have this problem..

living without a phone for a bit also sucks.. but to be honest you should never make email be so important that when you don't have it you lose your mind because email is not 100 percent stable and guaranteed to work ever..

To be honest we all have to let out our frustration somewhere and I am hoping that my post helps you out a bit and doesn't make it more frustrating I have been in the same boat with other things.. so I understand completely.
    Good points, really there are some that I completely agree with...I'm not the person to get verbally mad on the phone, i'm laid back and easy to get along with.

My two things are I want the situation fixed...like the original expectations that were given...if you say you're going to do something, you need to do it. That's one of the rules of business...at their level, it is out of their hands, thats why I kept requesting for a supervisor and by the time I got the last person, I was fed up and needed to cool off before I lost my cool.

Customer Service is not supposed to be the way they were presenting it...that's my second point.

This is the first time i've had bad customer service with verizon, but astonishingly it was back-to-back people and on the same phone call. That's what's makes this such a bad experience.
    12-10-08 12:56 AM
    Sorry to hear that you had a couple of reps that couldn't do anything for you. I wouldn't have taken the guy's excuses, I would have wanted to talk to a supervisor.

That being said, I don't think you're going to get better customer service else where. Others may chime in, but Verizon is head and shoulders above ATT, T-Mobile, etc.
    12-10-08 12:58 AM
    Cant wait for VZW to outsource customer care like other providers (sprint lol) and other support such as dell bleh... That'll be the day when you can truely say "VZW care sucks..." lol

Remember each of them are just people they try and do what they can and if they misinformed you based of what they thought was truth- what do you want to happen? $20 make you happy? if so ur a cheap date. Seriously though you want them to say sorry 1000times?

Grow up and chill out or just use an informational website such as crackberry to turn it into a venting forum for ur ******** like jerry springer (which i'll admit was quite good for the first few years then turned into a circus and not just naked girls etc.)
    12-10-08 01:00 AM
    Sorry to hear that you had a couple of reps that couldn't do anything for you. I wouldn't have taken the guy's excuses, I would have wanted to talk to a supervisor.

That being said, I don't think you're going to get better customer service else where. Others may chime in, but Verizon is head and shoulders above ATT, T-Mobile, etc.
    It was 15 minutes of trying to get a supervisor...that's when I went to Customer Service...

I know verizon has good Customer Service, I will attest to that...but in this situation...it was horrid.
    12-10-08 01:02 AM
    It was 15 minutes of trying to get a supervisor...that's when I went to Customer Service...
    I think that's what is most frustrating. You're on a line, and they tech on the other line has all the power b/c he won't transfer you and it's worse because he KNOWS that he's being a d*** and you're going to complain to his supervisor and call him on it. Yet you're at their mercy since they have to transfor you.

Good on ya for getting his # so you can talk to somebody about him. I would have been upset as well. Maybe try again tomorrow and it will be better.
    12-10-08 01:06 AM
    wow, that stinks.
    Next time, instead of continuing to ask for a Supervisor,
    get them to properly spell their name and note the date & time, thank them and hang up.
    Call back promptly and start over, and be polite and chipper, ask for an explanation,
    if you need more than the CSR can give,
    ask for a Supervisor and say I am interested in money off for my inconvenience
    or I would like my "30 days" extended or whatever it would take to fill the void.
    It is difficult to complain about a "sweet customer",
    please remember you are important,
    but chances are you are the 150th person to gripe today about any number of subjects.
    Besides, it can be fun to be a chirping bulldozer.
    12-10-08 01:23 AM
    I think VZW has pretty good support(not as good as my cable company), like most tech support there are games and trixs. I think your best bet is to go to a store. They might be able to set you up with a replacement blackberry for a few days.
    12-10-08 01:25 AM
    Cant wait for VZW to outsource customer care like other providers (sprint lol) and other support such as dell bleh... That'll be the day when you can truely say "VZW care sucks..." lol

Remember each of them are just people they try and do what they can and if they misinformed you based of what they thought was truth- what do you want to happen? $20 make you happy? if so ur a cheap date. Seriously though you want them to say sorry 1000times?

Grow up and chill out or just use an informational website such as crackberry to turn it into a venting forum for ur ******** like jerry springer (which i'll admit was quite good for the first few years then turned into a circus and not just naked girls etc.)
    Agree, it is already known that nothing can be done. It is too late, only thing now is perhaps a bill credit. Like was said before, first rep probably just over extended themselves.
    12-10-08 01:27 AM
    yeah it sounded like the first rep made an honest mistake. but that doesnt mean verizon can pull a phone out of thin air. plus unless you have 100 lines, i dont think the threat of cancellation is really gonna help much.

unforunately the phone is popular. why dont you return it, switch back to your q, and then get a new one when the stock issues are fixed after x-mas?

i dont know why your q wouldnt have a browser or email, i have an original q and it does both quite well.
    12-10-08 01:54 AM
    You should have asked for a loaner curve while they got the Storm figured out for you. I mean honestly you can't squeeze blood from a turnip. What you got was one guy that was misinformed and got your expectations up and then you ended up talking to a few other people with unrealistic expectations and they couldn't help you. You were destined to be disappointed when what you'd been promised wasn't possible. Honestly I think the only bad customer service you got was from the first guy. I'd be willing to bet that if you'd asked for a curve to borrow while they got another storm out to you they'd have been all over taking care of you.

I've NEVER had VZW leave me without a phone. I even remember a time when I broke mine and was getting a replacement through the insurance company. VZW even loaned me a phone while I waited for Asurion to ship me a phone. They charged me for it but refunded everything when I returned it. How can you ask for more than that?
    12-10-08 05:00 AM
    I don't normally rant like this, but after an hour and 10 minute call with VZW, i felt it necessary to rant about this.

My storm experience has been great so far...I really enjoy the phone, its my first blackberry, and i'm amazed with all the stuff that I can do with it. It was a learning curve getting used to the click but it became very fluid in no time. On friday night (12/5) I was getting off of work and noticed my screen was not rebounding at all...I was kinda worried but 5 minutes later it was fine. The next day(12/6), on my way out to do some errands, the same problem happened again, and 5 minutes later it rebounded. I decided to call VZW tech support and let them know what the deal was. Thru the automated system, I was put in contact with "karad" in the houston tech support call center. This guy was the example of what VZW's customer service is, and what I've experienced in the past and what I come to expect from the Network. While talking to him, I found out he went to the University of Texas, and since I go to Texas A&M, him and I spent some time talking football, and just some small chat while he was looking up what he could do. He then offered to replace the phone since typing and using the click is such a big part of the User Interface. He called the two local stores in College Station to see if they had any in stock to swap with. They didn't so he had to get a Supervisors authorization to get one shipped overnight to me. Karad said, "it wouldn't ship Sunday or Saturday but that it would be shipped Monday and will be to your house before 3pm on Tuesday." I was surprised by this, really I was, and I went away happy. Completely Satisfied with the service that I received.

Well fast forward to tonight, 3pm roles around, and no phone. Not a big deal, FedEx usually runs slow in my area...I'm usually one of the last stops in town. Well, at work again tonight, my phone's screen completely locks into the down position. Let it sit, on my desk for a while and it never did anything towards rebounding the screen. I had to find out what was going on with my shipment, called up tech support on a coworkers phone. Talked with Mark(2080), explained to him what happened on Saturday. He looked up my order number and told me it hasn't been processed yet. This caught me off guard completely, after the 1st guy with a supervisor's knowledge said the phone would be shipped Monday and that I would have it Tuesday. As well as Mark informed me that the phone wouldn't be shipped until the 15th of December "at the earliest". Not only is this a complete contradiction to what I was told originally, but I cannot be without a phone for a week. Mark had no solution for me what so ever, this is where his lack of customer service became apparent. He never offered anything, he just said he "understood" my frustration. I wasn't looking for an understanding of the situation, I wanted an answer that would help me fill the need of having a cell phone as well as, to have the original expectations met as close to the original plan as possible. He pretty much said there was nothing he could do. I do still have my MotoQ, luckily I didn't ebay it after picking up my storm...but the browser doesn't work, and e-mail doesn't work either(its a 1gen motoQ)...he said he could reconnect that one. But with me starting a new job, I need to be able to have email sent to me, where ever I go...and the MotoQ is still an inconvenience.

I asked to speak with Mark's supervisor, b/c I knew he wasn't gonna help me what so ever...and I wanted to complain about this whole situation. Well he wouldn't transfer me to one, at all. Said they were all out of the office, or in training. This I couldn't believe what so ever....of a company the size of verizon, and a call center in Houston, he couldn't even locate a supervisor for me. He was stubborn towards this, and I could easily tell...that he wasn't willing to help in this request at all. He said I could leave a voicemail and a supervisor would call me back, but I was borrowing a phone...and eating up a coworkers minutes. He offered to do this 3-4 times, each time forgetting that I don't have a phone available to talk on. After requesting for a supervisor, I wanted to file a complaint with Customer Service about Mark. I asked to be transferred Customer Service, he was quick in doing this...when I asked that, I was immediately thrown on hold and transferred to Customer Service. I knew he wanted me off the line.

Sitting on hold for a couple minutes, I talked with Tonya, who got my info...and transferred me to her supervisor. This is where Ancida(4395) comes in. She fed me the same rehashed story that Mark gave me. This time blaming everything on Karad, said there was nothing she could do. I kept explaining to her, that her company needs to stand behind what their employee says and to rectify the situation. This is what customer service is about. She kept trying to keep me focused on the phone problem, while I was trying to focus on the bad customer service that I was receiving...and nothing being done what so ever to fix the problem. She also used the line "I understand" she said this probably 10-20 times. I stopped her and told her I appreciate her sympathy, but its not helping the situation at all. At this point I knew I wasn't gonna get anywhere with Customer Service either....I ended the phone call...told her I'm sorry that she had to deal with such a long drawn out issue as this and that I would be calling in the morning to further speak with Customer Service.

In all my time talking with these two, I reiterated the points of A.) I was not completely satisfied with their customer service, & B.) That I'm still with-in the 30-days and that I could easily jump to another provider if this problem is not fixed. They just didn't care what so ever...

I am not happy with Verizon right now, I am thinking about switching providers b/c of these two employee's gross disregard to rectifying a situation. I will be talking with Customer Service again in the morning...and see if I can get an actual straight answer from someone. I'll keep you guys updated.

-jon
    Did you do a battery pull this may have saved you a lot of grief

12-10-08 07:10 AM
    Did you do a battery pull this may have saved you a lot of grief

a battery pull does not fix an issue with a moving part....and i did one as well
    12-10-08 10:16 AM
    yeah it sounded like the first rep made an honest mistake. but that doesnt mean verizon can pull a phone out of thin air. plus unless you have 100 lines, i dont think the threat of cancellation is really gonna help much.

unforunately the phone is popular. why dont you return it, switch back to your q, and then get a new one when the stock issues are fixed after x-mas?

i dont know why your q wouldnt have a browser or email, i have an original q and it does both quite well.

I really have no clue why the browser doesn't work on it, it happened after a hard reset and VZW was baffled by what happened...plus its a 2 year old phone.
    12-10-08 10:18 AM
    Agree, it is already known that nothing can be done. It is too late, only thing now is perhaps a bill credit. Like was said before, first rep probably just over extended themselves.
    if the first rep didn't confirm with a supervisor about my order, i would have counted it as an honest mistake. When a supervisor is involved with shipping a phone overnight....and confirming it, that's where I hold them to their expectations.

Again, My phone issue was never resolved, they pretty much said I was SOL til the 15th. This is a customer service issue as it stands right now, in which I hope will end up fixing my phone issue.
    12-10-08 10:24 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/top...-storm-112669/

12-10-08 10:38 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/top...-storm-112669/

Seriously you damn forum trolls need to go away. He is upset with CSR not the device. Most people are not flexible enough to learn something new. You got rid of it, good for you. Goodbye, go away.

Now I would have been upset with CSR also, but my luck has always been pretty good with them. They will give you something if you ask for it.
    12-10-08 10:45 AM
    i had a very similar issue with customer service - can't get any answers out of them, and still without my storm.

ordered on Nov 28th, was told it would ship by the 8th. called back on the 8th when i hadn't heard anything and was told that it had shipped on the 4th. called again on the 9th to get tracking and was told that the phone hadn't shipped and was in fact "pending". got a new CSR and was told that my order had not been processed until December 4 (6 days later!!!) and would not ship until the 15th.

my first rep told me he couldnt' do anything and to "call back in a week and find out if it shipped". fortunately i got someone better when i called again who at least told me by the 15th (hopefully sooner)

also worth noting that i sent verizon 3 emails on 3 separate days and got zero responses. terribly unresponsive customer service
    12-10-08 10:51 AM
    Let's not point the finger at VZW's customer service. Here's the real reason...
    While talking to him, I found out he went to the University of Texas, and since I go to Texas A&M, him and I spent some time talking football, and just some small chat while he was looking up what he could do.
    Blame it on those damn football rivalries. If I found out the CSR I was talking to was a Bama fan, I would ask to be transferred to another person, LOL. No...not really.

All kidding aside... I'm new to VZW, so my experience with their customer service is limited. BUT the few times I've dealt with them, they were extremely helpful and pleasant.
    12-10-08 10:51 AM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD