I have Sprint. Downloaded 4.5 from Alltell. Kinda puts me in a pickle because I can't really call Sprint for help. Thank God for Crackberry!

I tried re-sending the service books. I tried deleting the email account and setting it up again. If none of the solutions I read about worked, am I just S.O.L.?
    12-09-08 08:03 PM
    When did you install 4.5?
    12-09-08 08:07 PM
    open e-mail>hit menu>options>e-mail settings>set enable HTML to yes and set download images automatically to yes...
    12-09-08 08:10 PM
    I installed it saturday. And severedeceit, like I said, I tried all the basic solutions that all the newbies would ask for without searching first.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-09-08 08:11 PM
    Also try and register your phone. Options/advanced options/host routing table. Hit the blackberry button and register.

12-09-08 08:12 PM
    Call your carrier...
    12-09-08 08:12 PM
    Sometimes you have to resend your service books a few times to get the HTML option to show up.

Also, be sure that you re-register the host routing table.
    12-09-08 08:13 PM
    Tried registering again...twice. That didn't work either.
    I've resent the service books twice since Saturday.

And as I stated in the very first post, I can't call my carrier because they have not released 4.5 for the Curve yet. They can't advise me on what to do when I've got a bootlegged operating system that they didn't release.
    12-09-08 08:20 PM
    So when you go into your messages folder and go to Options/Email Settings there isn't an option for Enable HTML Email or Download Images Automatically.
    12-09-08 08:29 PM
    So when you go into your messages folder and go to Options/Email Settings there isn't an option for Enable HTML Email or Download Images Automatically.
    No, those options are there. I have already set up HTML to be enabled. So, it's enabled but just doesn't work. lol
    12-09-08 08:31 PM
    This is probably a dumb question but have you received any emails since the upgrade?
    12-09-08 08:34 PM
    This is probably a dumb question but have you received any emails since the upgrade?
    Yup. Just like normal. Except when I get HTML emails, all I see is the code for it. It doesn't show up real pretty like it does on my computer!
    12-09-08 08:37 PM
    I'm sorry buddy, but I'm at a loss.

If the HTML options are there and enabled you should be getting HTML.

I forgot to ask but when you have an email open and you press menu do you have options to Get Image and Get Images and do your emails look any different at all compared to before the upgrade?
    12-09-08 08:52 PM
    When I check the menu while viewing an email, I am not seeing the options to "Get Images." On my Pearl 8100 through AT&T I was able to get HTML. It's kinda crap that I upgrade to a newer phone that's supposed to have more options and I end up with LESS options than I had before (except for SprintTV and NFL Mobile)
    12-09-08 09:01 PM
    When I check the menu while viewing an email, I am not seeing the options to "Get Images." On my Pearl 8100 through AT&T I was able to get HTML. It's kinda crap that I upgrade to a newer phone that's supposed to have more options and I end up with LESS options than I had before (except for SprintTV and NFL Mobile)
    get images is the html thingy??
    im about to just get the html app
    12-09-08 09:02 PM
    Yeah that's odd something isn't right, not sure what though.
    12-09-08 09:06 PM
    Yeah that's odd something isn't right, not sure what though.

Damn! Guess I just gotta wait until 2020 when Sprint finally releases something NEW to it's customers.
    12-09-08 09:13 PM
    I switched my handheld software to make HTML emails work and it didn't at first. You need to delete your sevice books first, pull your battery, and resend service books. That's all I did and it started working for me.

To be honest, I'm not to crazy about the HTML emails. If they were more interactive to display like Opera in the view like on a desktop computer it would be great, but the images are way to big to fit on your phones screen anyways.

12-09-08 10:12 PM
    Pardon my stupidity, but how do you "delete" the service books?
    12-11-08 08:21 AM
    In Options / Advanced Options / Service Book, select the desired Service Book, press Menu, and select Delete. After you pull your battery and reboot, go back to Options / Advanced Options / Service Book, press Menu and Select Undelete. That will update and restore your Service Book.
    12-11-08 09:27 AM
    In Options / Advanced Options / Service Book, select the desired Service Book, press Menu, and select Delete. After you pull your battery and reboot, go back to Options / Advanced Options / Service Book, press Menu and Select Undelete. That will update and restore your Service Book.

Which service book should I delete? Should it be the one that is my email address? Or is it some other one?
    12-11-08 09:43 AM
    Which service book should I delete? Should it be the one that is my email address? Or is it some other one?
    Yes, delete the one associated with your email address.
    12-11-08 09:45 AM
    AT&T wont know that you have another OS, just tell them "I have blah blah"
    12-11-08 09:47 AM
    AT&T wont know that you have another OS, just tell them "I have blah blah"
    Whoops.....forgot to change that over to Sprint. My bad.
    12-11-08 09:52 AM
    Call em and see what they can do, dont offer that info if they dont ask, if they do, tell em thier version.
    12-11-08 09:56 AM
63 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD