AT&T pushed an update to my phone last night (not Nougat, sadly ). The update crashed in the middle. Now when I go to system update I see this, with both options grayed out. Any suggestions?
    Attached Thumbnails Priv Software update problems-2017-08-30-14.44.42.jpg  
    Smokeaire likes this.
    08-30-17 02:50 PM
    That happened to my wife's PRIV last night.
    08-30-17 02:52 PM
    Try a 32 second reboot and then see if you can update.
    hvacdon likes this.
    08-30-17 03:09 PM
    Same result. I wonder if there's some way to tell the OS to restart the update? Maybe deleting some cached update files?
    08-30-17 11:40 PM
    Deleting Data cache might help as well. With all the people having problems, surely someone has found a fix for this issue.
    08-31-17 06:18 AM
    AT&T pushed an update to my phone last night (not Nougat, sadly ). The update crashed in the middle. Now when I go to system update I see this, with both options grayed out. Any suggestions?
    Same thing happened to me when I attempted to download the update after getting the notification. I now also have the grayed out Software Update Screen. I had this happen in January and ended up doing a factory reset with BlackBerry Technical Support to get this resolved.

I haven't contacted AT&T yet about the failed update and grayed out update screen but I will today... has anyone else contacted AT&T to inquire what went wrong with this update release?

Bob
    08-31-17 07:17 AM
    Off topic here but I have a unlocked att priv and my updates don't look like that. Awhile back this unlocked att phone turned into a tmobile phone and I see tmobile logo when starting and everything and no bloatware..
    Is it cause ur still on att?,
    08-31-17 07:38 AM
    Those with ATT locked devices are having issues with the update from ATT.
    08-31-17 08:48 AM
    Those with ATT locked devices are having issues with the update from ATT.
    Really??? I wasn't aware of that...😁

I will be calling AT&T later this morning to see if I can get any information... oh how I'm not looking forward to that call... hahaha

Bob
    08-31-17 09:14 AM
    Really??? I wasn't aware of that...������

I will be calling AT&T later this morning to see if I can get any information... oh how I'm not looking forward to that call... hahaha

Bob
    I spent 1 hour with a technician Tuesday night trying to sort this out. He was not able to resolve it, and I was not willing to do a factory reset because with previous AT & T issues that never solved the problem and caused me enormous headaches. I just got notified that my ticket at AT & T was closed with no resolution. Perhaps it is time to push this on the Blackberry side.
    08-31-17 09:54 AM
    I just got off the phone with AT&T Technical Support... I confirmed AT&T pushed the August 5 Build AAN367 on August 30. What is interesting is this tech support rep said he didn't see any reports of any issues from Priv customers with this release from AT&T. Even my AT&T rep who has a Priv experienced the same issues that have been reported here on CB.

The tech rep attempted to force the update to my phone numerous times but nothing came through. Where things stand now is someone from upper level in tech support is going to attempt to force the update to my IMEI but I need to wait 24 hours to check and see if my AT&T Software Update screen allows me to check as it is currently grayed out.

When I mentioned that the last time I had this issue I was transferred to BlackBerry Technical Support to do a factory reset. He said that was only available if I paid $35.00. I informed him that I didn't cause this issue... AT&T did!!! I informed him I would look to AT&T to cover the cost of this if it gets to that.

So for now I wait 24 hours to see what shakes out... I don't have a high degree of optimism and I will update tomorrow after my 24 hours is up.

Bob
    08-31-17 02:16 PM
    I just got off the phone with AT&T Technical Support... I confirmed AT&T pushed the August 5 Build AAN367 on August 30. What is interesting is this tech support rep said he didn't see any reports of any issues from Priv customers with this release from AT&T. Even my AT&T rep who has a Priv experienced the same issues that have been reported here on CB.

The tech rep attempted to force the update to my phone numerous times but nothing came through. Where things stand now is someone from upper level in tech support is going to attempt to force the update to my IMEI but I need to wait 24 hours to check and see if my AT&T Software Update screen allows me to check as it is currently grayed out.

When I mentioned that the last time I had this issue I was transferred to BlackBerry Technical Support to do a factory reset. He said that was only available if I paid $35.00. I informed him that I didn't cause this issue... AT&T did!!! I informed him I would look to AT&T to cover the cost of this if it gets to that.

So for now I wait 24 hours to see what shakes out... I don't have a high degree of optimism and I will update tomorrow after my 24 hours is up.

Bob
    I am truly sorry that ATT has really buggered this up. And without a doubt, it is an ATT issue. My August patch from BlackBerry went very smoothly. I can't figure out what they do that screws everything up so badly. Hopefully resolution comes soon and I do hope the factory reset can be avoided.
    08-31-17 03:28 PM

Bob
    In other words you telling them they had better stop sending updates to out of support devices?
    08-31-17 03:54 PM
    I am truly sorry that ATT has really buggered this up. And without a doubt, it is an ATT issue. My August patch from BlackBerry went very smoothly. I can't figure out what they do that screws everything up so badly. Hopefully resolution comes soon and I do hope the factory reset can be avoided.
    It certainly appears they did screw up with this release... I have not heard one Priv owner report they were able to download this August release.

Hopefully they will take ownership of this boondoggle and get things sorted out in short order. My concern however is with my grayed out Software Update screen I will be in the same situation as last January when I was not able to get updates. That resulted in doing a factory reset...

Oh well... I guess I will have to remain patient as there's not a damn thing I can do... we are at the mercy of AT&T to get this resolved.

Bob
    08-31-17 03:57 PM
    In other words you telling them they had better stop sending updates to out of support devices?
    I'm not sure I understand what you are referencing here... I never said AT&T shouldn't send out updates.

Bob
    08-31-17 04:14 PM
    No he is saying they really messed this one up. A friend of mine with a locked att Priv in California also can't get the update to work. I wonder what switch they forgot to flip?
    08-31-17 06:47 PM
    I'm still on June security level. chatting with a technical rep at att got me nowhere.
    08-31-17 07:55 PM
    I seem to recall something similar happened last year to some of the Verizon Privs. The fix had something to do with changing the date on your phone a day ahead or something like that. I didn't have the issue, but there was a thread or two around here about it.
    Calling FF22! Calling FF22! He'll know the answer.
    08-31-17 07:57 PM
    I'm still on June security level. chatting with a technical rep at att got me nowhere.
    I always get somewhere when I talk with AT&T tech support reps... I get really pissed and frustrated... 😞

Bob
    newcollector likes this.
    08-31-17 08:18 PM
    Same problem here. FWIW, the AT&T Priv support site now says the August update (Build No AAN367) is available. But like everyone else, I can't get past the dead robot. Phone self-reboots back to June version (AAL747).
    09-01-17 02:20 AM
    It certainly appears they did screw up with this release... I have not heard one Priv owner report they were able to download this August release.

Hopefully they will take ownership of this boondoggle and get things sorted out in short order. My concern however is with my grayed out Software Update screen I will be in the same situation as last January when I was not able to get updates. That resulted in doing a factory reset...

Oh well... I guess I will have to remain patient as there's not a damn thing I can do... we are at the mercy of AT&T to get this resolved.

Bob
    Don't hold your breath ATT is going to stop supporting this device altogether very soon
    09-01-17 05:41 AM
    Don't hold your breath ATT is going to stop supporting this device altogether very soon
    They stopped with any support almost one year ago when they sent out the "No Service" patch which made Carrier Locked devices into Factory Unlocked devices for all practicalities.

Now that AT&T is carrying the KEYone, you might get some basic support again for the next 6 months or so until we reach two year anniversary of the AT&T PRIV rollout.
    09-01-17 06:53 AM
    They unlock most devices they drop
    09-01-17 08:00 AM
    They stopped with any support almost one year ago when they sent out the "No Service" patch which made Carrier Locked devices into Factory Unlocked devices for all practicalities.

Now that AT&T is carrying the KEYone, you might get some basic support again for the next 6 months or so until we reach two year anniversary of the AT&T PRIV rollout.
    So, if AT&T Privs are now factory unlocked, why is AT&T still involved. Can't AT&T Priv owners get the updates straight from BlackBerry?

Posted with my trusty Z10
    09-01-17 08:20 AM
    So, if AT&T Privs are now factory unlocked, why is AT&T still involved. Can't AT&T Priv owners get the updates straight from BlackBerry?

Posted with my trusty Z10
    Because, AT&T PRIV owners had to install the patches and many didn't at time. If you weren't having the "No Service" issue, this wouldn't have been on your radar.

I didn't realize the factory unlocked part, and I'm sure many others didn't either, until I started getting monthly updates on first/same day as factory unlocked.
    09-01-17 08:26 AM
42 12