I see tons of different models. I.E tomtom 125 and then tomtom 3rd edition WHAT THE HECK is the difference?

Anyways I want to buy one for a friend; it is x-mas and all

I need your input
    12-09-08 11:44 AM
    Get a bold - got sat nav on it you know it'll be appreciated!
    I have a garmin i3 at home and that's pretty good.
    The later edition / more expensive ones have stuff like:
    more memory (map covers wider area without need to add new maps)
    Traffic, weather (nice but have never got much out of these)
    Faster processing / rerouting.

The i3 was cheap when I bought it over 5 years ago and still performs.
    Go for garmin or tomtom - the sony/panasonic/other big name brands are nowhere near as good (interfaces are less good), which is why they've stopped making them.

Take a look at Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras for a good forum / for info

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-09-08 12:33 PM
    Go for the Garmin nuvi 200... I just got it.. it's amazing.. and great price- -- black friday it was only $100..
    12-09-08 01:09 PM
    Go for the Garmin nuvi 200... I just got it.. it's amazing.. and great price- -- black friday it was only $100..
    That is cheap!

I started in GPS'ing during the early 1990's with an ICOM GP-2 (no mapping, just good old-fashioned Lat/Long/Dist/Direction). My next was the Garmin eTrex Vista (grayscale display), followed by my current unit, a Garmin GPS MAP 76CSx, which does everything I could want in a handheld GPS. It goes with me in the Jeep (which has a built-in GPS), on foot, and on the motorcycle.

Garmin seems to have quality and customer service down to a science; never any problems with them (nor their products).
    12-28-08 01:33 PM
    The nuvi series are great for autos. The new colorado and oregon are nice for hiking and the geocaching.

I have used many of them.

What did you end up getting?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-29-08 01:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD