Just thought I'd take a quick survery to find out what everyone is using for their browser's homepage on the Bold. I had cnn.com, but recently switched to the New York Times (yeah, I generally like to start my mobile online experience with a bit of news). So, what's everybody else like to see when they first sign on?
    Steve
    12-09-08 12:22 AM
    facebook . i have the app but to get the full site i have to use the browser .
    12-09-08 12:52 AM
    romeo - i hate how the facebook app doesn't really let you do anything. it's annoying.

my homepage is google though. quickest to load, and i am constantly googling things
    12-09-08 12:57 AM
    yeah i know but they will come out with a better one soon cuz of the myspace app . i am sure of it .
    12-09-08 01:00 AM
    romeo - i hate how the facebook app doesn't really let you do anything. it's annoying.

my homepage is google though. quickest to load, and i am constantly googling things
    i rock google also!!
    12-09-08 01:00 AM
    MSN for me
    12-09-08 07:07 AM
    Google for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-09-08 07:38 AM

I must be the only one that likes it - :P

I don't really have anything setup. I always hit the stop button when I load up the browser and just go where I want.

I think I will make a quick links page on my host and put that as my homepage.
    12-09-08 07:39 AM
    Google as well
    12-09-08 08:02 AM
    i *heart* google.
    12-09-08 08:12 AM
    bbc news (full site) for me.
    12-09-08 08:17 AM
    Google here for me also...really its the first thing i do on any new phone i get...make sure that my homepage is set to google
    12-09-08 08:19 AM
    I use the BB Start page. It has bookmarks plus Google search built in.

However, whenever I want to Google something I usually use Vlingo.
    12-09-08 08:22 AM
    I must be the only one that likes it - :P

I don't really have anything setup. I always hit the stop button when I load up the browser and just go where I want.

I think I will make a quick links page on my host and put that as my homepage.
    I guess I got used to the iPhone FaceBook app which was pretty amazing. I just don't like how on the BB one, you can't see people's profiles. You have to use the browser to do that. Hopefully when they update it they'll add that ability.
    12-09-08 09:06 AM
    I guess I got used to the iPhone FaceBook app which was pretty amazing. I just don't like how on the BB one, you can't see people's profiles. You have to use the browser to do that. Hopefully when they update it they'll add that ability.
    Rumor has it that RIM is working on a new facebook app.
    patience is a virtue, but anxiety is kicking patience @$$.
    12-09-08 09:12 AM
    I use the current BB default homepage. I hope to create my own customized page.with MY links,etc. Then I'll switch to that.

B.

12-09-08 09:24 AM
    Facebook app? Pfft! Just recently got my Bold while I was changing between the iPhonr 3G and curve.

You are all right, the app isn't much really, nothing compared to the iPhone one. One good thing I like about it though is how easy is it too upload a pic, that's really handy.

The alerts aswell, as the iphone didn't have it, only dropping you an email.

But yeah, I rock Google also. What would life be like without google? Ha!

12-09-08 12:22 PM
    Rumor has it that RIM is working on a new facebook app.
    patience is a virtue, but anxiety is kicking patience @$$.

Yeah I heard that too. That's why I said I hoped they would add the ability to view full profiles.

If they don't, I won't really consider it an "update" haha
    12-09-08 01:00 PM
    iGoogle, with my stock symbols added.
    12-09-08 01:03 PM
    Google. Always loads quick and usually where I go first anyway.
    12-09-08 01:06 PM
    I use the blackberry mobile page. Never bothered to change it, for some reason.

12-09-08 02:51 PM
    egotastic.com for me.
    12-09-08 02:53 PM
    So my take-away here is that you can have a different page than the one that the Bold defaults to.....

Yah, I'm just getting caught up. Never occured to me to use anything else. Google is there, my bookmarks are there. Feel sort of dumb right now. But also quite like the standard page.
    12-09-08 03:24 PM
    Yep. Browser>Options>Browser Config>Home Page Address
    12-09-08 03:59 PM
    Google here.
    12-09-08 04:29 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD