I was checking out pdaportal.com on my device, and I didn't see a link for a mobile version of wikipedia. Does anyone know if such a place exists? What an awesome tool this would be when I'm not near my computer! Thanks in advance.
    Steve
    12-09-08 12:02 AM
    Hmm. Did you try a google search?

An app like this would actually be really cool!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-09-08 12:03 AM
    Wapedia - Mobile Encyclopedia is what I used to use...but really I find the real wikipedia shows fine on my Bold.

Last edited by Bla1ze; 12-09-08 at 12:09 AM.
    12-09-08 12:05 AM
    Thanks, I'll try loading the regular, wikipedia; actually, I just got my Bold, and never even thought about loading actual full pages, on account I thought it might bog the device down. The Bold has been far easier to navigate than I'd ever thought it would be, but I'm still a bit scared to choke it up with a ton of apps or try to use regular pages, but I'll give it a whirl.
    Steve
    12-09-08 12:17 AM
    Put it too use..least if you find pages it does bog down you'll know for later, but really..RIM was nice enough too hook us up with a "decent" browser..put it too use Steve
    12-09-08 12:20 AM
    completely off topic but ever since I updated from my original OS i have lost the bar from the top of the page like in this.
    Ant idea how to get it back?
    12-09-08 07:42 AM
    completely off topic but ever since I updated from my original OS i have lost the bar from the top of the page like in this.
    Ant idea how to get it back?
    Press U while in the browser. It switches from full screen to normal screen and vice versa.
    12-09-08 08:09 AM
    Heh. I forgot there was even a bar at the top. I have been viewing full screen since day 1

12-09-08 09:57 AM
    Thanks!
    I kept looking in options
    I like being able to see notifications and signal strength while browsing

12-09-08 10:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD