I have had the sprint curve for a little while now. I thought the address book on it was normal until I saw one of my friends blackberries. His address book does not show the name of the company that the contact works for, its just lists the contacts name. I would prefer it to be like that, otherwise there is just a white space below the contacts name. Any help would be much appreciated, I could not find the proper setting on my device and I also tried searching the forums but to no avail.
    12-08-08 04:46 PM
    Perhaps he was still using OS 4.3? As far as I know, there is no way to change that.
    12-08-08 04:48 PM
    He was on a different network then me, not sure which but I want to say AT&T and i think he had an older os, I don't think he was on 4.5. Im pretty sure he was using the 8310 but I was hoping there was a way to do that on the 8330. Thanks for your help though
    12-08-08 04:54 PM
    The difference is between the OS versions. OS 4.5 and newer have that company line that no one has come up with a way to hide.
    12-08-08 05:17 PM
    Well that sucks but ohh well, nothing I can do about it. And again, thanks for your help tho
    12-08-08 07:09 PM
    AT&T's 8310 Curve is running 4.2 out of the box which is a lower version than the Sprint 8330 OS.

The AT&T version list company names out to the side of the persons name, which IMHO is less appealing than the way Sprint does it. AT&T's version also does not have a place for the contacts birthday.

You can go to your address book, select menu, and then options, and decide to seperate the names by lines, stripes, or none. I like "Stripes" the best.
    12-08-08 07:37 PM
    Ya, a 8310 out of the box from ATT will only have one line per contact. OS 4.5 forces each contact to have a name and company line regardless if there's a company for that contact or not, which completely sucks. I so hope the next OS update fixes this.
    12-08-08 10:01 PM
    I actually like the fact that it shows the company name. I think that is better and an added extra bonus in your/our favor. I do not believe you can change that setting
    12-09-08 11:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD