I have been a loyal BB user for several years. Last summer my wife and I made the switch to Mac's after several very bad deals with windows and hardware. We are using Mobileme for our family, work, and school schedules. This is the reason I am thinking of switching to an iPhone. Already tried the programs and work arounds suggested by the forums, not always easy or work correctly. If I am correct, the iPhone will update Mobileme instantly and play nice with our systems. My question is more of moral support. What am I going to miss if I switch? Was at the Apple store and can kind of type on it. The salesman said that it gets better with time. What are your findings those who switched? I have an 8800 with full keyboard. Sorry so long but this is a big deal. Thanks.
    12-08-08 07:09 AM
    You shouldn't feel bad... It is all about what fits your needs. I made the switch to the iPhone 2g, then Curve, then iPhone 3g and now back to the Bold.

A few things I missed:

Blackberry Messenger
    Background Processes - Apple hasn't release the ability for notifications to be sent to the device without having to go into them or receive an "email/sms"

Things you may miss:

Push Email - this wasn't a factor as I have mobileme and yahoo (both push to the iPhone). If you want gmail and others, I hear Mail2Web works fine.
    Copy and Paste
    MMS - Pics can be emailed, but no MMS client (yet)

12-08-08 08:34 AM
    Thanks for the info. I never used my bb mush with music and such so the iPhone will be easier for me to use in that respect. How do you like the browser on the iPhone compared to bb? Also I think my biggest concern overall will be typing. Was it easy for you? I am fast on my bb, how long did the transition take you on the iPhone? If my bb played nice with my Mac, it wouldn't be a big deal but I like the idea of plug and play and not having to worry about syncing and such. The integration of the phone to my computer and lifesyle is the selling point. Thanks.
    12-08-08 09:26 AM
    I had more trouble coming to terms with the switch (was not an apple fan by any means) than actually accomadating to the phone. I missed the pin system, messenger, and the keyboard. I got used to the keys but the other things along with my need for new tech products drove me to try out the Bold as well.

The iphone can do some pretty amazing things so really it boils down to your needs and what you're to give up. It's hard, I know. Heck I couldn't go without a berry for more than one month.
    12-08-08 09:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD