Any one know how to make this better. The page loading on the browser is excruciatingly slow.

Also, any way to disable the tap zoom feature. Every time I try to scroll it zooms instead.

The ability to see full pages in a browser was one of the main draws for me.

Alas, I find that it still needs a lot of work. I also thought 3G would make it fast. Not so. My friends iPhone loads pages way faster.
    12-08-08 07:02 AM
    It sounds like you are clicking the screen when you are trying to scroll, all that is needed is for you to touch the screen and swipe, not click, and you should be scrolling in no time.

As far as your load time goes, you probably have too many applications running while you are browsing. Just like a computer, your Storm will slow down if you have too many programs running. I compared my Storm's browser to the Iphone 3g as well as the Bold and the Storm's browser is very fast and in many cases faster then both due to VZW superior network in my area, Washington DC.
    12-08-08 07:18 AM
    It also zooms if you double tap (not click) the screen. I've found this annoying as well. It should only zoom if you click.
    12-08-08 07:20 AM
    Any one know how to make this better. The page loading on the browser is excruciatingly slow.

Alas, I find that it still needs a lot of work. I also thought 3G would make it fast. Not so. My friends iPhone loads pages way faster.

Try disabling Javascript. Many websites may use it, but if you disable it, the websites actually look very similar to their Java-enabled counterparts. Java only slows the BB browser down... you'll get very good speeds if you disable it.
    12-08-08 07:22 AM
    Try Opera mini 4.2 pal! I find much better
    12-08-08 08:31 AM
    Try disabling Javascript. Many websites may use it, but if you disable it, the websites actually look very similar to their Java-enabled counterparts. Java only slows the BB browser down... you'll get very good speeds if you disable it.
    I second this suggestion. Set your browser's configuration to disable JavaScript.

If you have websites that need it (like your bank's website), you can enable it for those specific websites by enabling the JavaScript in those particular bookmarks.
    12-08-08 09:48 AM
    It is 10x faster, you just have to get used to a few things but regardless it doesnt hand like the native browser
    12-08-08 09:55 AM
    I'll tripple this suggestion.
    12-08-08 10:00 AM
    I have JavaScript disabled, and images off. The rendering speed is still horrible. Once all the data for the page is loaded, it takes twice as long or more for the page to display!

Also, is there any way to increase the cache size? It's frustrating to hit the "back" button and wait for the entire page to load and render again, even when it hasn't changed since I visited it a minute ago!
    12-08-08 10:35 AM

Are you able to get Opera Mini to work, it seems to be very buggy and does not work well with the Storm. Do you have any suggestions?
    12-08-08 10:43 AM
    +1 on the java disabled!
    12-08-08 07:23 PM
    I can surf most sites pretty quickly -- but Crackberry takes up to 5 minutes to load the forums. After that, it's OK going from page to page, but that first one, holy crap it's slow.
    12-08-08 08:11 PM
    Are you able to get Opera Mini to work, it seems to be very buggy and does not work well with the Storm. Do you have any suggestions?
    How is it buggy...?
    12-08-08 08:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD