Good morning - I have a Z30 that's worked flawlessly until a few days ago, when it became non-responsive after a restart (similar to what others have reported here: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...0-5-a-1102373/). I used the current autoloader on Mega to reinstall the software and everything looked fine. I spent a day reinstalling all my files and apps, and then shut it down for the night. When I turned in on in the morning, it was back to the nonresponsive state. This time I used the reload function in Link to reinstall the software. It initially loaded and then immediately updated it again to software version 10.3.3.1435.
    A link in another post to a BlackBerry bulletin suggests waiting 24 hours after a reinstall before doing anything. Have others tried this? (see here: Device performance issues experienced after update to BlackBerry 10 OS version 10.3.3) It's seems an excessive amount of time to wait before using the phone again; however, I'd really like to regain confidence that I can turn off or restart my phone in the future without it becoming nonresponsive again!
    Thanks for your help and suggestions!
    05-24-17 11:04 AM
    I did an autoload on my Z10 (which does the same thing as a device reset in Link), then immediately began loading up my apps and setting up emails.

No problems doing that. In fact, I'd never heard of the "wait 24 hours" thing before.

What I have heard is "give it a day or two" for the OS to settle in. That was usually for excessive battery drain you might get for those first few days after an OS reload. Usually because you're spending so much time reloading apps, setting up emails, copying things back on...

Joel
    05-24-17 11:10 AM
    Thanks Joel - that's helpful. I was wondering if BlackBerry's direction that, "no user action should be taken for a period of 24 hours" simply meant 'load all your apps and documents but don't shut down or restart for 24 hours' or it really means 'don't you dare do anything in the first 24 hours!' It's been 14 hours since I reinstalled the software and I haven't touched the phone since. I'm tempted to start reloading apps and documents and syncing through Link. A full 24-hours is long time to be without a functional phone!
    05-24-17 01:18 PM
    I waited for about 3 hours. The huge lag is now gone, but I cannot say whether it was due to the reload or to the waiting.

Posted via CB10
    05-25-17 10:47 PM
    Had a similar effect with swapping out an SD card, had to wait to decrypt the old one, and replace it. Reloading the data on the new SD card had the Z10 warming up for a few hours while it re-encrypted everything (or something.)

Now back to normal.
    05-28-17 02:44 AM