Has the DTek60 gotten Nougat yet? If not, does anyone know an ETA?
    05-18-17 06:09 AM
    nope and everytime you ask you get put on a list that pushes your update back 1 month
    00stryder likes this.
    05-18-17 07:31 AM
    Been no word on an ETA for Nougate on the PRIV or DTEKs.... Most are hoping once the KEYone is out and settled, that attention will turn back to updatings the older devices.

With the beta system no longer in place and BlackBerry not talking about it, there is no way of knowing if it will be next week, or later this summer, or never.
    05-18-17 08:07 AM
    nope and everytime you ask you get put on a list that pushes your update back 1 month
    We're into the 22nd century at this point, then.
    05-18-17 08:59 AM
    We're into the 22nd century at this point, then.
    lol
    05-18-17 12:05 PM
    I actually prefer it when they quite about the update. I'm sure many will agree, we don't want a repeat of 10.3.3 with endless extentions and then people just get annoyed with broken promises.

I rather Blackberry stay quite and 2 weeks or so before it launches, then announce it đŸ˜ƒ I'm very excited for the update. Should be some pretty cool new feature. The first, is a new boot animation which I love so much.
    05-18-17 02:42 PM
    from an Indian website, believe it.... or don't believe it... I will still just wait for reality :
    BlackBerry DTEK60 Nougat Update

"The BlackBerry DTEK60 Android 7.0 update will be roll-out in the form of the monthly security update but that might not happen very soon as we have to wait until Q2, 2017 i.e., possibly in May or June. Yes, that’s right! That’s when the Android 7.0 Nougat update to BlackBerry DTEK60 will be rolled out. It will be available for download via Over the Air, the best method for software update right now"
    Brian Hope likes this.
    05-20-17 05:47 PM
    time frame of it I'm not sure about, I don't think it will be in May and also I would be pretty certain it won't be 7.0 but 7.1 (since thats what the K1 is), though I could be wrong.
    from an Indian website, believe it.... or don't believe it... I will still just wait for reality :
    BlackBerry DTEK60 Nougat Update

"The BlackBerry DTEK60 Android 7.0 update will be roll-out in the form of the monthly security update but that might not happen very soon as we have to wait until Q2, 2017 i.e., possibly in May or June. Yes, that’s right! That’s when the Android 7.0 Nougat update to BlackBerry DTEK60 will be rolled out. It will be available for download via Over the Air, the best method for software update right now"
    05-20-17 09:09 PM
    Here's a chat with BlackBerry's alex thurber that may interest you:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe.../#post12884717

The short answer is, other companies are involved in BlackBerry's decision re providing n to extant blackdroid devices.
    05-21-17 05:22 AM
    Ultimately it's TCL's decision is it not? Listening to Mr Thurber my guess is no N upgrade for the Priv and possibly the dtek series.

His body language and they way he framed his answer to that question tells me there is unwelcome news to be announced regarding an N upgrade to these devices. Only time will tell. I would love to be wrong on this one.
    05-22-17 11:35 AM
    Why the hell would they release nougat for a less powerful niche market phone, but not for their more powerful devices?
    05-22-17 01:00 PM
    Why the hell would they release nougat for a less powerful niche market phone, but not for their more powerful devices?
    So those who already bought a phone will have to buy another one to upgrade to Nougat. If it's not dollars it don't make sense.
    05-22-17 04:53 PM
    Less powerful niche market phone has the benefit of being released later, well after Nougat launch.
    05-22-17 04:56 PM
    Providing software for their licencees has very little to do with updating their own legacy devices.
    05-22-17 05:15 PM
    I hope our DTEK60's receive the Nougat update, but I won't cry the blues if we don't. I find my 60 runs fast on Marshmallow and I can do everything I need. Security updates have been good so I am fine there. While it would be nice to get the OS update, seeing Nougat in action on a friends phone, doesn't blow my mind - some features are nice, but much is the same.
    05-22-17 07:00 PM
    I hope our DTEK60's receive the Nougat update, but I won't cry the blues if we don't. I find my 60 runs fast on Marshmallow and I can do everything I need. Security updates have been good so I am fine there. While it would be nice to get the OS update, seeing Nougat in action on a friends phone, doesn't blow my mind - some features are nice, but much is the same.
    Yeah but will you be able to do everything you need to once android 8 is released?
    05-23-17 03:54 AM
    Yeah but will you be able to do everything you need to once android 8 is released?
    Don't get me wrong, definitely would like the upgrade. But I'm certain I'll be able to do what I need to do as far as productivity, Internet surfing, apps and communication. Generally however, I see cell phones as having a 2-3 year shelf life regardless of make. These consumer devices are not ment to be future proof for long. Just my perspective.
    05-23-17 06:55 AM
    I expect DTEKs to get nougat but I have no idea on a timeline. Would not be surprised if PRIV was skipped.
    05-23-17 09:52 AM
    Don't get me wrong, definitely would like the upgrade. But I'm certain I'll be able to do what I need to do as far as productivity, Internet surfing, apps and communication. Generally however, I see cell phones as having a 2-3 year shelf life regardless of make. These consumer devices are not ment to be future proof for long. Just my perspective.
    I agree, I'll certainly get a new phone after 2 to 3 years. My s4 mini would freeze and not run some apps properly and after switching to dtek60, it feels really nice to be able to run any app. However, I might not consider getting a blackberry as my next phone if such a nicely-built phone runs into software problems im the future due to updated apps. And lets also keep in mind that dtek60 was released 7 months ago. Deserves android N regardless IMO.
    Last edited by seawage; 05-23-17 at 03:20 PM.
    Gayle Lynn and Bay 13 like this.
    05-23-17 12:25 PM
    I agree, I'll certainly get a new phone after 2 to 3 years. My s4 mini would freeze and not run some apps properly and after switching to dtek60, it feels really nice to be able to run any app. However, I might not consider getting a blackberry as my next phone if such a nicely-built phone runs into software problems im the future due to updated apps. And lets also keep in mind that dtek60 was released 7 months ago. Deserves android N regardless IMO.
    Yes. I agree. I eagerly await.
    06-04-17 08:06 AM
    Agreed. I eagerly await.
    06-04-17 08:07 AM
    Pretty sure priv won't get it. I set my expectation low so that I won't be disappointed. if it happens I'll be pleasantly surprised. honestly the last android phone I had before the priv got exactly one os update. it went from jellybean to kitkat. before that I'm almost certain my androids never got os updates. the fact that the priv moved up one and it made it better was pretty good for me. it will be fine for as long as I need to use it. I'll get at least 2 years out of it. maybe more.
    06-04-17 10:16 AM
    I agree with you. 60 is less than a year old and no Android N update? Galaxy S7 came out over a year ago and they recently just got N update. I may move on to a different Phone manufacturer also, especially if BB release a new slab in Q4 2017 on Android N instead of Android O. Pixel 2 will launch with Android O, maybe LG V30 too. I can see Priv getting skipped since it was released in 2015.
    06-04-17 06:06 PM
    I hope DTEK60 get Nougat, else would be a disspaointment.
    It's a "new" phone and came with Android 6, so at least one OS update should be mandatory!
    06-05-17 05:31 AM