Hey Guys,
    Just curious if someone once ordered a phone from Unlocked-Mobiles. as they promised to ship keyone at 5/5 like CPW and they ship internationally with 24 months warranty.

Thanks,
    05-03-17 09:42 AM
    Hey Guys,
    Just curious if someone once ordered a phone from Unlocked-Mobiles. as they promised to ship keyone at 5/5 like CPW and they ship internationally with 24 months warranty.

Thanks,
    I've been thinking about pulling the trigger, but the fact that their international model doesn't support band 12 is preventing me from moving forward. I'm on T-Mobile in the US and Band 12 is prevalent in my area.
    05-03-17 12:07 PM
    I've been thinking about pulling the trigger, but the fact that their international model doesn't support band 12 is preventing me from moving forward. I'm on T-Mobile in the US and Band 12 is prevalent in my area.
    I put in my pre-order today. I'll post back when updated.
    Racing24 likes this.
    05-03-17 12:41 PM
    I put in my pre-order today. I'll post back when updated.
    Cool. Keep us posted.
    jcrutchvt2010 likes this.
    05-03-17 12:42 PM
    Just placed my order as well. Crossing my fingers for May 5 Shipment
    Racing24 likes this.
    05-03-17 02:43 PM
    Oh man this is so tempting to buy! I live in Winnipeg MB Canada, you guys think it will work here?!?

It says Sim free?? What does that entail?? I use Sim here.
    05-03-17 09:09 PM
    ... It says Sim free?? What does that entail?? I use Sim here.
    SIM free means it is unlocked.
    05-03-17 09:30 PM
    Oh man this is so tempting to buy! I live in Winnipeg MB Canada, you guys think it will work here?!?

It says Sim free?? What does that entail?? I use Sim here.
    I think I will try. Rogers network user in Calgary. See if your provider uses Band 12 a lot? Rogers doesn't. They use 17 for 700 mhz
    Last edited by Pinot2015; 05-04-17 at 07:12 AM.
    05-03-17 09:49 PM
    I have been staring at my checkout cart on unlocked-mobiles all day, flip flopping on whether I should take the dive and order it from the UK rather than wait four more weeks (I live in Toronto). The things that are holding me back are:

1. Network compatibility. I'm with Rogers and everything I've read says that I should be fine. I live in the city and there are no shortage of cell towers here in Toronto. I do go to rural areas once in awhile though but the lower frequency bands should be supported as well (I think). I also do some travel in the US, roaming on AT&T but I believe that should also be covered.

2. Right now, the final total says 433.83 pounds (sorry, I don't know how to type the GBP symbol!). That roughly converts to $767 CAD. If we assume that the KEYone will release in Canada at the unlocked price of $700 CAD, than after taxes, that comes out to $791 CAD. Purchasing from the UK would actually save me close to $25! HOWEVER, who knows what Canada Customs will do once the package tries to cross the border. I don't want to be met with a nasty bill of $150 from my lovely government!

So is it worth it to take this chance in order to get the KEYone four weeks early? Emotions say YES! Brain says NO! I have been pining for this phone since January and am soooo impatient! Watching all the unboxing vids on YouTube and reading all the reviews is NOT helping either! What are my fellow Canadians thinking of doing? This beauty is going on sale this Friday in the UK! Who's taking the plunge?
    05-03-17 09:55 PM
    I have been staring at my checkout cart on unlocked-mobiles all day, flip flopping on whether I should take the dive and order it from the UK rather than wait four more weeks (I live in Toronto). The things that are holding me back are:

1. Network compatibility. I'm with Rogers and everything I've read says that I should be fine. I live in the city and there are no shortage of cell towers here in Toronto. I do go to rural areas once in awhile though but the lower frequency bands should be supported as well (I think). I also do some travel in the US, roaming on AT&T but I believe that should also be covered.

2. Right now, the final total says 433.83 pounds (sorry, I don't know how to type the GBP symbol!). That roughly converts to $767 CAD. If we assume that the KEYone will release in Canada at the unlocked price of $700 CAD, than after taxes, that comes out to $791 CAD. Purchasing from the UK would actually save me close to $25! HOWEVER, who knows what Canada Customs will do once the package tries to cross the border. I don't want to be met with a nasty bill of $150 from my lovely government!

So is it worth it to take this chance in order to get the KEYone four weeks early? Emotions say YES! Brain says NO! I have been pining for this phone since January and am soooo impatient! Watching all the unboxing vids on YouTube and reading all the reviews is NOT helping either! What are my fellow Canadians thinking of doing? This beauty is going on sale this Friday in the UK! Who's taking the plunge?
    Rogers customer in Calgary here. I just ordered on Unlockedmobiles.com. Fingers crossed. All the research I did as well is that Rogers customers are fine and will work same as if we bought NA version.
    The 4 major Bands that Rogers uses are included on UK version. Worst case when outside major city you will go down to 3G. Rogers does NOT use Band 12 at this time anywhere in Canada so thats good!
    I did read on site that it said Pre order on May 5th so not sure exactly what that means. If not shipping that day or soon after I will cancel.
    Last edited by Pinot2015; 05-04-17 at 07:13 AM.
    05-03-17 10:04 PM

That's funny. You just wrote about everything I am thinking ad well.
    05-03-17 10:10 PM
    Hi everyone,

Looking to pull the trigger as well. Am I going have many issues with telus and living in Toronto?
    05-03-17 10:12 PM
    Rogers customer in Calgary here. I just ordered on Unlockedmobiles.com. Fingers crossed. All the research I did as well is that Rogers customers are fine and will work same as if we bought NA version.
    The 4 major Bands that Rogers uses are included on UK version. Worst case when outside major city you will go down to 3G. Rogers does use Band 12 at this time anywhere in Canada so thats good!
    I did read on site that it said Pre order on May 5th so not sure exactly what that means. If not shipping that day or soon after I will cancel.
    Good luck to you! I hope you don't get nailed for duty and taxes. Your post certainly isn't helping my rational side of simply waiting four weeks to buy it in Canada!

It would really help if we knew what purchase options we'll have for the launch for unlocked devices. I haven't bought a phone from a carrier in ages and I don't plan on starting up again any time soon! Every BB that I've bought since the BB10 launch has been through shop BB so I'm really hoping that option will be there for the KEYone (unlike others, I've had only positive experiences with Digital River).

Ugh!!! What to do? I know right? First world problems!
    05-03-17 10:21 PM
    Hi everyone,

Looking to pull the trigger as well. Am I going have many issues with telus and living in Toronto?
    Everyone may need to Google LTE Bands for TELUS, Bell, MTS , Rogers etc. Find out what Bands they use .. Rogers uses 2,4,5,7 Bands. Also will be fine based on posters here in Canada already using UK version KEYone on Rogers.
    Band 12 is the only risk as that is for future spectrum to penetrate buildings better. That technology won't be available for 18 months - 24 months at least.

Networks & connectivity

Network bands

Canada, LATAM, APAC, US V1:*
    LTE1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 17, 19, 20, 28, 29, 30*
    TDD LTE: 38, 39, 40, 41*

EMEA*
    LTE: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 13, 17, 20, 28*
    TDD LTE: 38, 40*

US V2*
    LTE: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 12, 13, 20, 25, 26, 28, 29, 30*
    TDD LTE: 41*
    CDMA BC 0,1,10
    05-03-17 10:27 PM
    I'm with Fido in Calgary, going to pull the trigger later tonight and order one from this site. Fingers crossed
    wp19851 likes this.
    05-03-17 10:28 PM
    Good luck to you! I hope you don't get nailed for duty and taxes. ...
    There probably isn't any duty, but I expect local taxes will apply.
    05-03-17 10:32 PM
    Good luck to you! I hope you don't get nailed for duty and taxes. Your post certainly isn't helping my rational side of simply waiting four weeks to buy it in Canada!

It would really help if we knew what purchase options we'll have for the launch for unlocked devices. I haven't bought a phone from a carrier in ages and I don't plan on starting up again any time soon! Every BB that I've bought since the BB10 launch has been through shop BB so I'm really hoping that option will be there for the KEYone (unlike others, I've had only positive experiences with Digital River).

Ugh!!! What to do? I know right? First world problems!
    Yes , First world problems. We are fortunate. If for some reason it does not ship by the 8th I will cancel. It is 1-2 day shipping on Fed-Ex so stay tuned. Others that ordered from Selfridges to Canada have had zero issues reported in these forums.
    Last edited by Pinot2015; 05-03-17 at 10:47 PM.
    wp19851 likes this.
    05-03-17 10:33 PM
    I just checked and the duty for shipping to Ontario from the uk is just under 100 CAD.
    05-03-17 10:43 PM
    I just checked and the duty for shipping to Ontario from the uk is just under 100 CAD.
    Checked what? The selfridges guys that ordered to Canada had nothing close to that if anything.
    05-03-17 10:48 PM
    Checked the import duties . You can plug in the cost of the cell phone and it will calculate the duties ...I do this all the time and yes you can expect to pay duty from the UK. The duty is collected on delivery . It would surprise me if you didn't pay duty for a cell phone .
    05-03-17 10:54 PM
    You can use dutycalculator.com to check
    05-03-17 10:55 PM
    You can use dutycalculator.com to check
    Okay, cold feet now. I'm thinking of cancelling. Let's see if the ship by the 5th.
    Last edited by Pinot2015; 05-04-17 at 07:11 AM.
    05-03-17 11:03 PM
    I hear you but it's probably best to wait ..given that you've waited this long. I too have been tempted but not worth it especially if I have issues with the phone.
    05-03-17 11:07 PM
    I noticed that the guy who shipped to California never answered what he ended up paying...
    05-03-17 11:09 PM
    Just ordered 790$ cad after conversion
    05-03-17 11:11 PM
665 123 ...