Has there been any leaks or news on a what BlackBerry mobiles next devise following the k1? Just curious

#luvmybb10os
    05-02-17 11:50 AM
    Nothing other than to say there is more devices coming, which has been known for a long, long time anyway.
    05-02-17 01:01 PM
    Yeah nothing has really been talked about.

Enterprise is TCL stated focus for the Brand, I would "assume" an all touch midgrade device to partner with the KEYone for that market. Then there have been hints about a Tablet... Of course TCL does have their own Smartwatches, so maybe BlackBerry users might finally see the dreamed about BlackBerry Watch?
    05-02-17 01:12 PM
    Hello seems at least 2 more devices @blackberry coming this year 2017. KEYone is just the beginning!
    05-02-17 04:39 PM
    I think we will see replacements for the Dtek50/60 and maybe a high end keyboard device. I am really hoping for a tablet though. One that can replace my beloved Playbooks.
    05-02-17 05:48 PM
    better have one released prior to Sept. 1 - back to school. you need to hook the kids on to BB. another before "Thanks Giving" - US. big black friday would be the X'mas gift day. If they miss either, it would be rather silly... (better not delay like Merc). since the remaining of the two are BBM design (TCL), it should be a "piece of cake", TCL inhouse design for Manufacturing (DFM), reliability (DFR), sustainability (DFS) with all the assembly line data access, it should be zero delay if not deliver early... ;-). (better have NO glass backing or silly things like that - learn from Merc design and win for next year's award using TCL home design).
    05-02-17 06:49 PM
    Yeah nothing has really been talked about.

Enterprise is TCL stated focus for the Brand, I would "assume" an all touch midgrade device to partner with the KEYone for that market. Then there have been hints about a Tablet... Of course TCL does have their own Smartwatches, so maybe BlackBerry users might finally see the dreamed about BlackBerry Watch?
    A BlackBerry branded watch and fitness tracker would be welcomed by more than just BlackBerry fans IF it allowed you to keep all your data local and private if you chose.
    05-06-17 04:35 PM
    I am undecided about the k1 and am waiting to see what's next. Now that from the last podcast I watched they have taken away the swipe from home button. That is abit of a deal breaker for me

#luvmybb10os
    05-10-17 10:30 AM
    I am hoping for a a touchONE. With a 5.5" display. Say spec, well 4 g of ram would be better. Maybe amoled. And put the BlackBerry logo back on the front lower bezel. Put the finger print sensor in that. Or under it.

#luvmybb10os
    Last edited by silversmith75; 05-10-17 at 09:15 PM.
    Mrs Teapot likes this.
    05-10-17 11:47 AM
    Would be sweet to have one that flips side ways like those old school phone. Dual screens, one if you wanna just use the virtual keyboard or you can flip it open landscape mode and use a physical keyboard. Alas, I can dream

Posted via CB10
    05-21-17 11:00 PM
    A normal flip phone, like the Galaxy Golden, with the keyboard unit having half the length of the display unit, just enough for a 3/4 rows of keys. That, along with the Priv's curved screen.
    05-25-17 03:37 PM
    OK, KEYone out now, time to move along to the next wunderkind. What will it be and when do the leaks start.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-17 05:33 PM
    The announcement on when the leaks start will be "soon".

Joel
    05-31-17 05:36 PM
    Ya I hope they go with an identical phone but with out keyboard. And 4g of ram. Maybe a 5-5.5 in screen. That would be the phone I would want. It would make it even better if it ran bb10. ( hey guy can dream). But slim chance of that.

#luvmybb10os
    frisco49ers likes this.
    06-01-17 04:13 PM
    Ya I hope they go with an identical phone but with out keyboard. And 4g of ram. Maybe a 5-5.5 in screen. That would be the phone I would want. It would make it even better if it ran bb10. ( hey guy can dream). But slim chance of that.

#luvmybb10os
    That would be awesome - the identical footprint thing with fingerprint reader on front.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-17 05:41 PM
    That would be awesome - the identical footprint thing with fingerprint reader on front.

Posted via CB10
    Ya put the berries logo on front and Fingerprint scanner under it

#luvmybb10os
    06-01-17 08:33 PM
    An all touch replacement for the Z30 that is solid and works and is supported by all carriers would be nice.

Posted via CB10
    jeffsantos likes this.
    06-03-17 10:22 AM
    I am hoping for a a touchONE. With a 5.5" display. Say spec, well 4 g of ram would be better. Maybe amoled. And put the BlackBerry logo back on the front lower bezel. Put the finger print sensor in that. Or under it.

#luvmybb10os
    I'd skip the KeyOne for the TouchOne.

If they want to differentiate, and capitalize on the Galaxy Note troubles, go big 5.5 or 6in screen and add a killer stylus. Make it a work must-have.

...one that preferably doesn't catch on fire.
    frisco49ers likes this.
    06-06-17 04:04 PM
    I'd say a footprint of the Note before Samsung started to make them more narrow. Keep it nice and wide like the Note 2. The stylus would also be a must.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by toneytone; 06-06-17 at 06:01 PM.
    06-06-17 05:19 PM
    Oh, jez no. I'm tired of all these huge phones I don't want. That'll just be another BlackBerry I'll have to pass.

The size of the regular Galaxy S7 is the biggest I'll take.

BlackBerry hasn't made a decent slab phone I've wanted since the Z10. And I don't want a PKB phone.

They almost got me with the Priv (I can deal with a slider), except for those curved edge screens which I can't stand.

Joel
    06-06-17 06:13 PM
    Oh, jez no. I'm tired of all these huge phones I don't want. That'll just be another BlackBerry I'll have to pass.

The size of the regular Galaxy S7 is the biggest I'll take.

BlackBerry hasn't made a decent slab phone I've wanted since the Z10. And I don't want a PKB phone.

They almost got me with the Priv (I can deal with a slider), except for those curved edge screens which I can't stand.

Joel
    There's the DTEK50 or the DTEK60
    06-06-17 06:23 PM
    There's the DTEK50 or the DTEK60
    Nope.

The 50 is basically my Z10 with a bigger screen (16 Gb of ram in 2016 is just inexcusable), and the 60 was way too big, and neither had an RGB LED which is a must for me. Yes, I will base my purchase on that feature.

The size of the 50 is about the max for me, and even the processor would have been okay for me. Just the ram and the white notification LED is what kept me away.

I mean, if a device doesn't have what I want, I ain't buying it. That simple.

Joel
    rt2567 likes this.
    06-06-17 07:10 PM
    I'm with you Joel. Bigger is not better. I'm struggling to stay with BlackBerry at this point. The only reason I stay is security, the intuitive BB Flow (hub being the best), and the form factor. The Z10 is a great size for me, but it now lags. The apps lack - I use many android apps for things like personal banking, personal finance, local stores and services, but the experience of Android apps on BB10 is not seamless and often very sluggish (with a large percentage non-functional or not usable because of freezing).

I've been looking at the Galaxy S8, but hoping for a new BlackBerry offering to look forward to and give me a reason to hold out.

Posted via CB10
    06-07-17 08:08 AM
    I'd say a footprint of the Note before Samsung started to make them more narrow. Keep it nice and wide like the Note 2. The stylus would also be a must.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah I'm on board with that.

The problem with the build is the cost. With the stylus and the quality, you are putting it up against the Note. There has to be either marketing around it or something to truly separate it from the Note.

A device that can create as well as consume.
    06-08-17 07:35 AM
    They really need to do more to whether it be BlackBerry or BlackBerry mobile to integrate bb10 in to Android. To make it a smoother experience. I talk to my sister last night who got an iPhone cause she was sick of having to bring me her phone to get work around. Still misses her hub. And would have switch to a BlackBerry android if it was more like bb10

#luvmybb10os
    06-12-17 09:58 AM