Hi, first time Blackberry user.
    Absolutely love the Classic, and the OS. Very functional.

Bought the phone used on Ebay.

Amazon App store will not open.
    Anything downloaded with Snap won't open.
    Blackberry runtime for Android (from Blackberry world) never completes setup.
    Other apps from the Blackberry world don't work.

I have formatted the phone twice now, trying to get it to work.
    Now if I press AMAZON Appstore the phone just freezes so its working even less.
    Bible app from blackberry world freezes the phone.

Is this a faulty phone? what can I do?
    HELP PLEASE!!!

It is the best phone I have ever handled and used (blackberry hub, calendar...are awesome).
    But as is, it isn't functional.
    04-25-17 12:41 PM
    I'm not sure how to get into Amazon anymore - I jumped ship to a PRIV (Android) partially because of this sort of thing.

Really, if you are RELYING on Android apps then you don't want to stay on the Classic. If you're using as a phone / email / calendar / text platform, then great.

I just noticed the Bible app line: I believe that I used YouVersion from Android (Amazon, I think) and it worked well for me.

You should post the VERSION of BB10 that's loaded and who your carrier is: I believe that some versions of BB10 had real issues with the Android run time.
    04-25-17 01:10 PM
    Formatted the phone.... did you reload the OS? What OS are you currently on?

SNAP doesn't work anymore.... but Amazon the store does work, but not all apps are compatible with the old runtime in BB10.

You should not need to install the Android runtime from BlackBerry World, unless you are running the older version that required that update....

If I were you I would use an Autoloader with latest version of 10.3.2.2888 (or 10.3.3 if you are already on 10.3.3) and do a clean install with no restore of any old data. Install Cobalt's Google Play Store for most the apps that I needed.... with clear understanding about which ones can be expected to work (search CrackBerry for each).
    04-25-17 01:25 PM
    thanks for answering.
    No i won't rely on android apps, but at least Bible and possible two others.
    I have BB 10.3.2.2876 and have TRE as a carrier ( i live in Italy).
    04-25-17 01:30 PM
    I formatted and believe i reloaded the OS.
    As in I did the security wipe (where you have to type blackberry). That's all I would know how to do.
    I tried to install the cobalt google play store too. hadn't mentioned. that also did not work.
    thanks for your tips. I will see if the OS instal I am doing is not "clean".
    04-25-17 01:34 PM
    As in I did the security wipe (where you have to type blackberry). That's all I would know how to do.
    I tried to install the cobalt google play store too. hadn't mentioned. that also did not work.
    Security wipe isn't a real reload of the OS...

Want to look at using LINK to Reload Device Software, or look at http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...loader-927076/. Then do not use LINK to restore any data.
    04-26-17 08:52 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/android...ctions-985344/

Cobalt Google Play Store should install no problem if you make sure to follow the steps in above linked thread.

Posted with my  Classic
    04-27-17 02:58 AM
    Same problem on Q10. Native apps work fine. After a BBOS10.3.3.2205 reload, only default 'droid apps, Amazon Store and Amazon AppStore will NOT open. They stop at ~ 80% then disappear. Problem started 8Feb @1330EST. Believe Android Runtime has failed for good.
    02-10-18 02:48 PM
    Common sense can tell us that all android app can't run smoothly in BB platform. Either very slow to connect or can't open it.

PG sheng BB classic user from Malaysia
    02-11-18 06:38 PM
    Android apps can't be compatible with BB OS. Can download, won't be smooth running.

02-12-18 06:29 PM
    Android apps can't be compatible with BB OS. Can download, won't be smooth running.

Some are actually very smooth.
    02-12-18 07:12 PM