Out here on the west coast BlackBerry devices are now no longer on the shelves of at&t. MEDIOCRITY just permeates everywhere in ALL, not just some of their stores. I can't seem to get an answer from any higher ups on whether or not the BlackBerry KEYone will ever arrive. Worse yet, there's NOT one at&t CSR that has any knowledge base of even selling a BlackBerry (DTEK). So much more to this local epidemic I will post later, but if anyone has an even further inside scoop on the possible arrival, if any, of the KEYone, PLEASE let me know... Is it coming?
    04-16-17 05:28 PM
    Maybe

Posted via CB10
    04-16-17 07:17 PM
    I feel your pain brother. Out here in So Cali. I am running into the same thing. I must have went into three AT&T store as I was out and I ether got smirks or just smart azz answers. "BlackBerry went out of business years ago. " So who knows if they will carry it. I am going to just buy it out right and not be tie to a carrier. Plus I think if you go that route you updates come direct to you phone, so you don't have to wait on At&t to release updates.
    04-16-17 07:41 PM
    Nobody you can talk to knows jack about plans for BlackBerry devices, and the information just isn't given to support anymore.
    04-16-17 11:10 PM
    The PRIV was such a letdown for the US carriers, especially AT&T, that I'd be surprised if any of them carries the KEYone. I bought every AT&T sold device except for the Pearl going back to about 2004. The carrier stores around me (Tampa Bay Metro area), have always carried BlackBerry phones, but they weren't in demand anymore, when they brought out the Z10/Q10. With all the Z10 returns, AT&T passed on the Z30 and the Leap. They gave the PRIV a chance, but passed on DTEK50/60. Trend seems to be about the same for other US carriers except for Verizon Z30. Conclusion seems to be carriers will carry BlackBerry PKB devices, if the incentives are there.

Alcatel-TCL has relationship with AT&T but primarily on the prepaid side. I'm hoping that AT&T release date is just delayed, however, after the PRIV, that may be too optimistic.

Posted via CB10
    makaiman likes this.
    04-17-17 07:36 AM
    The BlackBerry phone brand is toast and it will be a hard push to counter that. I don't expect any retail sales of BlackBerry devices in US brick and mortar stores going forward. It will be for institutional use for secure communications among employees.
    04-21-17 11:40 PM
    It never ceases to amaze me how some people can be so belligerently ignorant about matters regarding their own employment and livelihood.

A couple of minutes, one Google search and a few brain cells are all that's required to identify a new product.
    04-22-17 03:37 AM
    It never ceases to amaze me how some people can be so belligerently ignorant about matters regarding their own employment and livelihood.

A couple of minutes, one Google search and a few brain cells are all that's required to identify a new product.
    Buy why do your expect any sales rep to waste time learning about every device made? I would also be that AT&T corporate has many priorities for its employees. Their managers let them know what to focus on and why? I doubt BlackBerry has enough cash to pay for a true sales budget marketing device promotional allowance.
    04-23-17 11:17 PM
    Why would any corporation spend time and money training its employees and keeping them up to date, when they can be left to flounder without any information on the front lines, and burn their own free time studying crap they should have been advised of at work?
    04-24-17 04:09 PM
    They ended subsidized phones and I refuse to do the Next plan. So I'll just buy the KEYone when my PP SE gives out.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-17 07:40 PM
    Buy why do your expect any sales rep to waste time learning about every device made? I would also be that AT&T corporate has many priorities for its employees. Their managers let them know what to focus on and why? I doubt BlackBerry has enough cash to pay for a true sales budget marketing device promotional allowance.
    I think that in today's market, they won't need a massive marketing strategy. Youtubers are doing a great job of creating reviews and providing specs so anyone looking for this phone will know what they are looking at already. I don't think your average phone sales rep will learn too much about it unless they choose to, and the phone won't sell on the same level as an iphone or samsung.

I can tell you I'm switching from my iphone as soon as I can. The touch screens today are boring and I miss my old blackberries, I only switched because I couldn't get my personal banking apps.

Using android is genius, they don't have to develop software from the ground up which saves tons of money on R&D.
    05-11-17 03:15 AM
    I don't see them getting the Keyone any day soon I think they were burned on the last sales numbers with blackberry and won't do it again. They are only going to carry whet sells not something that everyone thinks is bankrupt.
    07-21-17 05:23 AM
    I would be surprised to see BlackBerry back in the retail market. They are focusing on the enterprise market and the end to end solution may appeal to some just as the Thinkpad is still a favorite for many companies. The benefit to the enterprise would likely be the single source responsibility for their secure mobile communications. Just as IBM will use hardware from suppliers their customer prefers they still have lot of customers that buy IBM branded hardware. the
    08-17-17 08:13 PM
    It's coming 9/1!
    08-24-17 11:06 PM
    It's coming 9/1!
    A lot of folks eat crow via their older posts
    08-25-17 12:21 AM