How can the Q10 be set up to use WhatsApp after the June cutoff date?

Thanks for any thoughts/suggestions!

. . . . Pete
    04-14-17 08:39 AM
    Some are hoping there will be another extension...

Some are fine with the Android App along with the WA Fixer....

Some have gotten the hint and left BB10 behind.....

There is no clear answer right now, as we don't know how extensive the changes WhatsApp are planning will extend.
    04-14-17 08:47 AM
    It seems to still work on os7 despite officially having been cut already.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-17 08:50 AM
    Some are fine with the Android App along with the WA Fixer....
    D, thanks!

How is this made to work and is it reliable/safe/etc.?

. . . . Pete
    04-14-17 09:25 AM
    Disa seems to be an option for some. It's available anywhere you get your APK's.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-17 11:37 AM
    Why not wait until the end of June to see if it still works, before spending time trying to find a solution.

Posted via CB10
    Praganad likes this.
    04-14-17 11:55 AM
    Actually, I'm helping someone solve the WhatsApp problem so that hopefully they won't give up on BlackBerry. If I find a viable solution, then waiting until the last minute to decide makes sense.

What can I know about implementing Disa on Q10?

Thanks!

. . . . . Pete
    04-14-17 01:13 PM
    There's no guarantee that Disa will continue to work past June 30th, either. In fact, it probably won't.
    04-14-17 02:38 PM
    DISA uses a web wrapper so it will probably still work with the limitations of the web WA. That said the WA plugin for DISA is not created by them nor validated for security so its very YMMV if you are concerned by those things.
    04-14-17 02:43 PM
    Egads, if the Disa option might not work, then Q10s might be out of luck with WhatsApp.

. . . . Pete
    04-14-17 03:20 PM
    How can the Q10 be set up to use WhatsApp after the June cutoff date?

Thanks for any thoughts/suggestions!

. . . . Pete
    TWO OPTIONS:

First, after they end official support for BB10 devices some devs might come up with an unofficial version in BlackBerry World, like we have for Facebook and Instagram. (Well, you will be made to pay for it if it happens. BB10 is the only platform where popular apps are also paid apps because they are not officially supported.)

Second, install android app. I've tried it earlier and it worked pretty nice (don't just grab an apk and click to install. it would not work that way. search Cobalt's Google play in this forum and read that page carefully.).
    04-14-17 03:21 PM
    install android app. I've tried it earlier and it worked pretty nice (don't just grab an apk and click to install. it would not work that way. search Cobalt's Google play in this forum and read that page carefully.).
    b, thanks for the reply!

I checked the dialogue you sent me to. It sounds like there are serious shortcomings/problems with that approach...at least for quite a few users.

One thing we want to avoid is bringing on new problems...naturally.

. . . . . Pete
    04-14-17 04:10 PM
    My advise: Stop worrying. You're not alone. There are many who love to use WhatsApp. It is possible that they would extend the date a bit further. Or when they end the support, some creative people will come up with working solution. [Facebook ditched BlackBerry, but we still use it. I, in particular, love to use instagram, on iGrann app which is some what better than official app on android.]
    04-14-17 05:09 PM
    It is possible that they would extend the date a bit further.
    Unlikely.

Or when they end the support, some creative people will come up with working solution. [Facebook ditched BlackBerry, but we still use it. I, in particular, love to use instagram, on iGrann app which is some what better than official app on android.]
    On the other hand, nobody has yet managed to get Snapchat working in any consistent or reliable way.
    04-14-17 05:25 PM
    On the other hand, nobody has yet managed to get Snapchat working in any consistent or reliable way.
    It was made to work (search 'snap2chat'); but BB rejected to list that app on BBW. Anyway, Snapchat doesn't allow third-party developers to offer similar functions what they do using their api (or something similar terms and condition, is the reason why we have not any Snapchat client on BB.).
    04-15-17 05:33 AM
    Anyway, Snapchat doesn't allow third-party developers to offer similar functions what they do using their api (or something similar terms and condition, is the reason why we have not any Snapchat client on BB.).
    WhatsApp doesn't allow third-party clients either, and they're making server-side changes to prevent outdated clients (even previously versions of their own, official clients) from connecting. The situations are extremely similar and it's highly doubtful if any of the existing solutions will continue to work after the change.
    04-16-17 02:22 PM
    I think it's time to change to keyOne, or ask your collegeor friends to communicate with you using BBM

Sent From Amazing Q10
    04-16-17 05:01 PM
    No support for BlackBerry? = No support from this user for WhatsApp. We'll revisit BBM. Bye.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-17 10:22 AM
    No support for BlackBerry? = No support from this user for WhatsApp. We'll revisit BBM. Bye.

Posted via CB10
    Which gives Whatsapp an even stronger argument for pulling support.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-17 10:30 AM
    I think it's time to change to keyOne
    KeyONE is priced ridiculously high. May be if one waits a year or two after the launch it'll fall back to its real price like other BB phones did.
    04-19-17 01:26 PM
    Second, install android app. I've tried it earlier and it worked pretty nice (don't just grab an apk and click to install. it would not work that way. search Cobalt's Google play in this forum and read that page carefully.).
    Will whatsappweb work too with the Android version?
    09-09-17 02:58 AM