Wow! The resurgence of Q10 is hot

Posted via CB10
    04-06-17 02:40 PM
    Unfortunately 4 years late....but nevertheless bb10 is still great as long as you don't require a full selection of working apps
    04-06-17 03:24 PM
    Let the Q10 make a come back!

#qwerty #glassweave #darkhorse
    Praganad and bbnrs like this.
    04-07-17 08:34 AM
    Let the Q10 make a come back!

#qwerty #glassweave #darkhorse
    Yays!!! Q10 is awesome! Definitely becoming one of my all time favorite BlackBerry devices

Posted via CB10
    bbnrs likes this.
    04-07-17 01:50 PM
    Well some of us never left, so it's not really a throwback for some...

Posted via CB10
    04-07-17 05:59 PM
    I am in!! Love my Q10!

via Q10
    04-07-17 06:33 PM
    Q10 is awesome. I went with a couple of White ones this time around. With the google play store installed, you can get pretty much any app you need. The 1:1 aspect ratio is not ideal for media consumption, so I usually turn on the mobile hotspot, and use an ipad or tablet. By the way, you can cast to a ROKU or chromecast, and you always have the option of using the micro HDMI port.
    04-07-17 09:35 PM
    Q10 is awesome. I just saw another one (actually out of any BB10 phone) in over two years. I am at a conference in the US, and someone from Europe had one. After I showed him mine, he said, "Collectors item eh!"

Posted via CB10
    04-07-17 11:41 PM
    Thanks eye2 which app do you use to successfully Chromecast?

I have dualing Q10s one for work one for play!

The size is perfect!

Posted via CB10
    04-08-17 12:40 PM

I have dualing Q10s one for work one for play!

The size is perfect!

Posted via CB10
    Kudos to you! Are they both the same color? I've only got one and it is my daily driver for everything

Posted using a VeryBold BlackBerry Q10
    04-08-17 01:46 PM
    I am at a conference in the US, and someone from Europe had one.

Posted via CB10
    Saw a person in Mexico sporting a Classic in the hotel patio area a couple weeks ago ...
    04-08-17 02:02 PM
    Thanks yes my dualing mighty Qs are both black!

Posted via CB10
    Praganad likes this.
    04-08-17 02:11 PM
    Still rocking a Q10 here.
    04-08-17 07:39 PM
    I just used the chromecast app from the google play store. I had to patch the app to get google play services to work. Search crackberry for cobalt's landing page, and it will walk you through it.
    04-08-17 07:50 PM
    Great thanks for the info on Chromecast eye2 appreciate it

Posted via CB10
    04-08-17 08:36 PM
    I love my Q10! Especially the keyboard, the OS and the multi colour LED. ;-)
    I hope that RIM will not forget us soon!

Posted via CB10
    04-10-17 02:14 PM
    Unfortunately 4 years late....but nevertheless bb10 is still great as long as you don't require a full selection of working apps
    Um, I beg to differ! People may WANT all sorts of apps, but the vast majority of people have no actual need for them, much less require them! <G> (yes, I was using irony with the emoticon, an ancestor of emoji)
    Considering that I only know of a relatively few actual work related apps like the one my wife needs in order to access the high security filing system her practice uses for patient records that is the only thing that caused her to have to learn how to use a droidberry (instead of the Z10 she liked and wasn't a potential security breach just by being there) I think it more points to how powerful the herd instinct is! With a few exceptions most users are sheeple. Meaning that they remain passive while they get fleeced!

The original core audience for BlackBerry that made the brand so dominant are mostly made of people who primarily want to have an efficient business tool. But when even these users began to rail over the lack of their (fill in the blank social media app) it created the disaster we now suffer. I still find it amazing, when I go to BlackBerry world and see how many people are angry at BlackBerry when their app provider no longer supports BB10! They make ridiculous comments on how "of course it's Chen's fault) when any app decides to join the anti-BlackBerry train! I just found out myself when the Delta Airlines app that worked fine six months ago now starts to open and then just before I enter information it has a full page pop-up that says this version no longer supported so download the newest version. But of course you can't! Instead of giving the usual method of no longer updating or giving patches like most apps, Delta has deliberately chosen to say "pick android or apple or just go away!"

Actually because of other issues added to this I've decided to choose the go away option with Delta. I wrote them telling how they lost not just my business but that whenever possible I plan to choose to avoid Delta when booking business travel or for any clients I book for. The point is, I'm not stupid enough to blame BlackBerry for my Q10 not being able to use the app any more. But the same people who ***** in the app reviews regarding things that BlackBerry has nothing to do with and zero control over (who I think are Acting like idiots) they trash an OS that's gotten more productivity for me than I can even tell. In the last couple of years even the business users have become addicted to one or more media platforms. So now they too are leaving the security and efficiency of BB10 for the intense, deep level data mining and tracking just to stay with the games etc.

I'll climb down from the soap box now but there are VERY FEW apps that aren't available unless you just want a toy for running games or telling every aspect of your life to amuse the enormous group of unsavory types hoping to exploit you "for fun and profit"!

Just my $.02, YMMV ! ;-) sent via my Q10
    04-11-17 02:32 AM
    Um, I beg to differ! People may WANT all sorts of apps, but the vast majority of people have no actual need for them, much less require them! .....

I'll climb down from the soap box now but there are VERY FEW apps that aren't available unless you just want a toy for running games or telling every aspect of your life to amuse the enormous group of unsavory types hoping to exploit you "for fun and profit"!

Well I agree with you, but then we are in the minority, aren't we? Can you imagine if the Internet started the way these smartphone/apps have? Everybody would have a custom app for their version of email and if you wanted to see my webpage, you'd have to use a special browser for this kind of web page and another browser for that kind of web page.

It's hard to fathom how most users think. Or not :-)
    The other day I asked one of my dear relatives why they were all using Whatsapp to message one another instead of email or SMS. The response was "Oh because it's free. Some of us have to pay for data"

WHAAAT??? I tried to point out that Whatsapp takes data, just like email, but that went right over their heads.
    Then there was the group of kiddies that had their minds blown when someone showed them how to save a picture from Snapchat (duuuh, screen cap or camera from a 2nd device).

This is the kind of user you have to contend with...

Posted via CB10
    04-11-17 06:14 PM
    Um, I beg to differ! People may WANT all sorts of apps, but the vast majority of people have no actual need for them, much less require them! <G> (yes, I was using irony with the emoticon, an ancestor of emoji)
    Considering that I only know of a relatively few actual work related apps like the one my wife needs in order to access the high security filing system her practice uses for patient records that is the only thing that caused her to have to learn how to use a droidberry (instead of the Z10 she liked and wasn't a potential security breach just by being there) I think it more points to how powerful the herd instinct is! With a few exceptions most users are sheeple. Meaning that they remain passive while they get fleeced!

The original core audience for BlackBerry that made the brand so dominant are mostly made of people who primarily want to have an efficient business tool. But when even these users began to rail over the lack of their (fill in the blank social media app) it created the disaster we now suffer. I still find it amazing, when I go to BlackBerry world and see how many people are angry at BlackBerry when their app provider no longer supports BB10! They make ridiculous comments on how "of course it's Chen's fault) when any app decides to join the anti-BlackBerry train! I just found out myself when the Delta Airlines app that worked fine six months ago now starts to open and then just before I enter information it has a full page pop-up that says this version no longer supported so download the newest version. But of course you can't! Instead of giving the usual method of no longer updating or giving patches like most apps, Delta has deliberately chosen to say "pick android or apple or just go away!"

Actually because of other issues added to this I've decided to choose the go away option with Delta. I wrote them telling how they lost not just my business but that whenever possible I plan to choose to avoid Delta when booking business travel or for any clients I book for. The point is, I'm not stupid enough to blame BlackBerry for my Q10 not being able to use the app any more. But the same people who ***** in the app reviews regarding things that BlackBerry has nothing to do with and zero control over (who I think are Acting like idiots) they trash an OS that's gotten more productivity for me than I can even tell. In the last couple of years even the business users have become addicted to one or more media platforms. So now they too are leaving the security and efficiency of BB10 for the intense, deep level data mining and tracking just to stay with the games etc.

You're right!
    +100

#soon , later, later this year, fiscal year, commitment,...blablabla ~J.BlaBla Chen
    04-12-17 02:28 AM
    You're right!
    +100

#soon , later, later this year, fiscal year, commitment,...blablabla ~J.BlaBla Chen
    I concur as well=)

04-13-17 10:43 AM
    I honestly think that I'll be using my Q10 for literally years!

04-13-17 10:44 AM
    I honestly think that I'll be using my Q10 for literally years!

Yep. Me too. Its just perfect. Size, quality, keyboard, HW.....yeahhhhh

via Passport OG
    04-13-17 03:53 PM
    Well, I have to agree with you, some people just don't get even the simplest tech. Two of my favorite stand-up comedians have entire routines about it. Bill Engvall has lots of "here's your sign" humor that's hilarious and his old compatriot from the Blue Collar Comedy Tour Ron White takes it further with a multitude of "you can't fix stupid!" jokes that alternate between funny and the ones where you just shake your head in agreement. Jay Leno had dozens of episodes of "Dealing with the public" that showed people just like the ones who thought Whatsapp was free and he demonstrated that the vast majority of people like this can't be convinced with simple things like facts! His "Jaywalking" segments where he asked adults on the street painfully easy things like "Today is a holiday, the 4th of July. What are we celebrating? Most had no clue for the reason of the celebration. Others couldn't place it within the correct CENTURY or even knew the word revolution. Many didn't know THAT we fought, much less who we fought, and other segments were even worse. So I am too aware of the general level of most cellphone users. I just hoped that BlackBerry users were (by self selection) a little more sophisticated, intelligent and had at least a tiny modicum of tech knowledge. I am saddened to be proven incorrect...

Regardless of this I still think that there are a core group of users who can appreciate the fluidity, security and most importantly, privacy that only the BB10 OS can give! No, it isn't perfect and I agree that BlackBerry wasted critical time by not developing OS 10 until the worst damage to the brand had already been done. But I maintain the right to prefer using it even if it's been effectively orphaned by BlackBerry. Really my biggest gripe is the people who don't just ridicule you if you care about your own privacy and security, they are convinced that anyone who uses strong password choices or the BB10 OS is a tin-foil hat wearing lunatic! Personally I either pity or ignore the masses that don't understand why I even care about these things as long as they don't try to force ME to be satisfied with living within the fantasy land with them...
    (sorry, the key ending of my post/rant was cut off! )

Despite the periodic frustration over various things I am totally convinced that the Q10 is the best device I've ever used! I tell nearly everyone, (and only slightly tongue in cheek) that my Q10 is my portable brain! I manage both work and personal life with it. I can tell at a glance what my week or month has lined up for both meetings, calls, teleconferences as well as both my upcoming Dr, optician, dental or those for the wife or kids. I keep myself on time for destinations, birthdays or holiday plans to visit the family. At the same time if I suddenly want to know some fact or date I can quickly look it up with a faster data connection than many hotels I've been unlucky enough to be expecting "high speed Internet" only to discover that they think 1.5MB up and 500kbs down qualifies as fast. I very often use my Q10 as a WiFi hotspot instead since with a decent signal I get 5MBS up to about 7, and I have the convenience of doing it in a car running down the highway too! The only thing that will make me give up my Q10 is when it ultimately dies. Before that happens I plan to get a few more to keep ready to fill the gap! And no, I will never buy a "droidberry" since the chance of Chen & the others actually being able to develop the cojones to actually secure genuine privacy in an ecosystem that is designed to suck up every crumb of data for Google to sell is miniscule at best.

No, the Q10 and BB10 aren't perfect, but they meet my needs far better than anything else I've tried before, and DEFINITELY better than any android or apple toy! ;-)
    Last edited by scubafan; 04-19-17 at 05:47 AM.
    Praganad likes this.
    04-13-17 06:51 PM
     Q10™
    nothing is possible, i can anything w/ my Buddy ' it's cool, it's all in one"👍
    04-17-17 06:24 PM
    Birdbox8 likes this.
    04-18-17 10:52 AM
71 123