Hello Everyone,

I've started using BBM to chat with a friend In Fiji and have a few questions about the service:

1.Does BBM cost anything to send international messages?

2.Are PIN messages stored in BES?

Thanks!
    Anthony

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-07-08 05:25 AM
    from what i understand anything can be recorded on the BES

and no BBM uses data much as if you connect to yahoo messenger on a computer..

its included in your data plan
    12-07-08 08:10 AM
    As noaim has said BBM uses data so you will be fine. I have several BBM contacts who are not based in the same country as me. Its a great way to communicate

12-07-08 08:18 AM
    Thanks guys!
    12-10-08 12:01 PM
    Like they've said BBM uses your data plan so no extra charges. As for PIN messages it can be recorded on the BES it all depends on if the server is configured to record the PIN messages or not. You'll have to check with your BES admin for that.
    12-10-08 12:15 PM
    Like they've said BBM uses your data plan so no extra charges. As for PIN messages it can be recorded on the BES it all depends on if the server is configured to record the PIN messages or not. You'll have to check with your BES admin for that.
    I was going to say the same thing about PIN messages. I was told recently that admins can now access BBM. Have you heard this as well?
    12-10-08 12:18 PM
    What about sending international PIN messages? I was going to start a thread about that.
    12-10-08 01:34 PM
    As far as I'm aware PIN messages use data too.

12-10-08 04:57 PM
    What about sending international PIN messages? I was going to start a thread about that.
    It won't matter where the person on the other end is.
    12-10-08 05:01 PM
    I was going to say the same thing about PIN messages. I was told recently that admins can now access BBM. Have you heard this as well?
    I'm a BES admin, and I know that we can log PIN messages but not sure about those in BBM. A PIN message ("Compose PIN") is completely separate from Messenger, as PIN messages are more like a BB to BB email.

The only way I could fully access someone's BBM and contacts within Messenger is if I activated your BES account on my BB.

Also be aware that BES can log phone calls and SMS/MMS messages. So be careful! But again, it all depends on your company's BES configuration.
    Last edited by jokerls240; 12-10-08 at 07:39 PM.
    12-10-08 07:37 PM
    12-11-08 03:31 PM
    Hello All,

Does Verizon store these messages on BIS?

Thanks
    12-12-08 06:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD