So, I'm having an issue I haven't been able to resolve. I really need to fix this issue since it's the only thing stopping me from going back to my passport.

I'll try to be as specific possible.

So, I can't tell when this issue started because when it did I did a wipe some time after and it went away. But this time it's not going away.

The issue is that when I make a phone call I get this LOUD keypad sound as if I dialed a number. It happens randomly, and it happens whether the screen is on or off. The person on the other side of the call does not hear the sound, only myself. Sometimes when I'm on a call with an answering machine that asks for input (Dial 1 2 or 3 etc) the machine registers the error dial as an input, idk how's that possible honestly. The issue only happens on direct number to number calls, not BBM or other call services.

I've tried having the keypad sound off in settings but it still happens. No luck.
    I've tried doing a wipe, and factory reset through Link. No luck.
    Last thing I'm GOING to try is a different activated sim to see if it's the sim or something.

Thanks!
    03-23-17 08:29 AM
    Do you have anything odd configured in your Smart Dialing?
    Phone + Settings + Smart Dialing
    03-23-17 10:14 AM
    Do you have anything odd configured in your Smart Dialing?
    Phone + Settings + Smart Dialing
    I assume that the proximity sensor is working as it should and your face isn't registering key presses?
    03-23-17 10:18 AM
    I assume that the proximity sensor is working as it should and your face isn't registering key presses?
    It works. And the sound goes for whether I'm touching the phone or not.
    03-24-17 07:47 PM
    Issue happens even right after wiping the phone. So nothing configured there
    03-24-17 07:48 PM
    Last night i tried calling the carrier to find out if the issue comes from the nertwork side. No luck. The tech support guy suggested trying another Sim. I'll try that later
    03-25-17 08:46 AM
    OK !! Problem solved!!
    Att is at fault
    I moved over to t-mobile and the issue is completely gone.
    I'm so happy
    Thanks @coffee-turtle and @Dmd74 for the help

Got the 2 lines for 100 bucks (Tax included) deal at Tmo, plus a 20% Customer discount (permanent).
    03-28-17 03:56 PM
    OK !! Problem solved!!
    Att is at fault
    I moved over to t-mobile and the issue is completely gone.
    I'm so happy
    Thanks @coffee-turtle and @Dmd74 for the help

Got the 2 lines for 100 bucks (Tax included) deal at Tmo, plus a 20% Customer discount (permanent).
    Glad to hear the problem is solved @Atmarix That's a weird one. TMO has been pretty good to me too. Enjoy your Passport!
    03-28-17 07:21 PM