Whats the deal with talking on the phone and either clicking on speaker or mute. God forbid if I try and put phone between ear and shoulder. This is happening too much and might be a deal breaker.

Thoughts?
    12-06-08 05:51 PM
    im sure in an update they will include the option to lock the screen. or an app will come out
    12-06-08 05:52 PM
    that would work if you set it to left side convience key
    12-06-08 05:57 PM
    Numerous threads on this topic already.
    12-06-08 06:00 PM
    thread title?
    12-06-08 06:03 PM
    ^^ there is probably 50 threads man..
    12-06-08 06:15 PM
    i will agree with this i try not to apple too much pressure so i don't actually click the screen
    12-06-08 06:18 PM
    Whats the deal with talking on the phone and either clicking on speaker or mute. God forbid if I try and put phone between ear and shoulder. This is happening too much and might be a deal breaker.

Thoughts?

OP: You serious: Try this http://forums.crackberry.com/search.php its called a search.
    12-06-08 06:25 PM
    I read about this alot, but I have never had it happen to me! I wonder what percentage of owners this is happening to?
    12-06-08 06:36 PM
    Contacted Verizon, and they are aware, and according to them, RIM is also aware. Supposedly, they will have an update in the VERY near future.
    12-09-08 01:04 PM
    ^^
    how can a software update resolve an issue with the lack of hardware.

im assuming its just gonna be some sort of screen lock when on a call...

tsk tsk.. they should have looked at the iphone for its solution.
    12-09-08 01:09 PM
    I had the speaker phone kick in once during a call at work.. thank goodness it wasn't the wife in a... moment! hahaha

I wish the phone had a proximity sensor to disable the screen as it approached your noggin.
    12-09-08 01:10 PM
    Solution:

Take an icecube and place it on your cheek until it goes numb. Now make your phone call. Since the screen is only clickable using heat it wont register your cheek pressing on it
    12-09-08 01:11 PM
    I read about this alot, but I have never had it happen to me! I wonder what percentage of owners this is happening to?
    I haven't had it happen either.
    12-09-08 01:11 PM
    I've only had it happen 1 time, so for me it's not much of an issue, BUT it seems an easy enough thing to fix via the screenlock as mentioned.
    12-09-08 01:17 PM
    ^^

Well I believe the storm has a light sensor (not proximity sensor) where the led shows, its supposed to dim the screen in darker areas and brighten the screen in brighter areas, maybe then can make that sensor recognize when its covered by your ear to lock the screen.

Heck I don't know if its possible. lol

Solution:

Take an icecube and place it on your cheek until it goes numb. Now make your phone call. Since the screen is only clickable using heat it wont register your cheek pressing on it
    it doesn't sense heat it senses the electricity from your fingers
    12-09-08 01:28 PM

Thoughts?
    I haven't read through this all but a work-around until RIM fixes this BS is to set the phone to the keypad once you answer it. That is what I have been doing to prevent me from doing this again.

Again, I agree it's BS that I even have to and I think its BS that Verizon is essentially beta testing this phone and the OS.
    12-09-08 01:37 PM
    This happens to me all the time during calls. We definitely need a fix for this immediately!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-09-08 02:04 PM
    i will agree with this i try not to apple too much pressure so i don't actually click the screen

hmmmm...Freudian slip there? lol
    12-09-08 02:08 PM
    This was a prob with the voyager, a quick firmware update actually locked the screen until you actually touch the unlock icon.. Im sure it will be fixed soon as many other probs will be fixed as well..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-09-08 02:11 PM
    Yes, I'm sure someone can create an application that when a call is connected (either incoming or outgoing), the phone automatically locks as long as the call is connected and the only way to unlock it would be the lock button on the top of the phone or by ending the call. The need to unlock it during a call would be important for different features but shouldnt be as easy as just clicking the screen....
    12-09-08 02:16 PM
    That was one of the first things i notice was when making a call, i kept hitting speakerphone or mute etc etc.

I dont have a fat face or piercing either, i just hold the phone next to my ear like any other normal person making a call...

12-09-08 02:17 PM
    try this... dial the contact or pick up the call.... click the escape key (Arrow) you will get a prompt that says continue call but escape to home screen? click yes... then you can call and press with freedom. You can still use the red button to hang up and if you need to get back to the phone screen click the green hard key....
    12-09-08 02:20 PM
    ^^

there could be a hardware solution similar to apples. i already mentioned in another thread that the light sensor that dims the screen is located where the LED lights are. RIM could easily use that as a "proximity sensor" when in a call.

Basically when the storm is in phone mode in an active call that light sensor would be covered when the phone is up to your ear thus could be used to lock the phone and when you remove it from your ear it will not be covered thus can unlock the phone
    12-09-08 02:34 PM

Thoughts?
    my thought... hold the phone like a normal person. if your busy doing something, put it on speakerphone and put the phone down.
    12-09-08 02:47 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD