Ive had the phone for like five years, and im kind of poor, and also all my friends use apps that i dont have which feels not very nice. Im thinking of buying the Priv, because its a slider.
    02-28-17 01:42 PM
    No keep your existing phone for 5 more years

Blackberry Passport and Blue Classic
    madmax12345 and andy957 like this.
    02-28-17 01:55 PM
    Ive had the phone for like five years, and im kind of poor, and also all my friends use apps that i dont have which feels not very nice. Im thinking of buying the Priv, because its a slider.
    I would look at the Z30, better battery life, better sound, bigger screen, and yes, you do get into the Andyroid ecosystem.

The Priv, from what I remember ate the battery, and only one speaker?. Just depends on your keyboard preferences.
    madmax12345 likes this.
    02-28-17 01:58 PM
    Yes. Buy a PRIV. Don't waste your time with a BB10 phone. You'll have the same app problems.
    madmax12345 likes this.
    02-28-17 03:40 PM
    Wait for the K1 if battery is a big thing. Otherwise Priv is your upgrade. Same formfactor.

Posted via CB10
    madmax12345 likes this.
    02-28-17 03:54 PM
    Thanks Guys I decided to get A PRIV, but will use my torch as a backup
    03-01-17 02:30 PM
    Hey madmax12345,
    If money is tight, you got to think of how the apps will help you or else use your money on better things.
    Look into the Bold 9900/9930 forum and you will see there are still a group of people using OS 7 devices and are happy.

Posted from my  Passport
    03-04-17 12:25 AM
    Congrats
    And you will love your Priv. I know I do
    madmax12345 likes this.
    03-04-17 08:21 PM
    I recommend getting a case for your Priv if you plan on having it for 5 years like you did with your Torch. My Torch 9800 was a brick. It never broke, no matter what happened to it.

The Priv is far more delicate. If the screen shatters, the cost to replace it is almost as much as the Priv itself. I busted the digitizer in my last Priv after dropping it - or rather, throwing it - on the street by accident.
    madmax12345 likes this.
    03-06-17 12:43 AM
    I love the Priv. It is the Torch that made me want it. I didn't have one but a family member did. There is a learning curve but it is well worth it and there is lots of help on the forum. Since it has been out for over a year some of the threads, or early parts of the threads may discuss issues that were updated with software updates. Enjoy it!
    03-06-17 01:14 PM
    I would look at the Z30, better battery life, better sound, bigger screen, and yes, you do get into the Andyroid ecosystem.

The Priv, from what I remember ate the battery, and only one speaker?. Just depends on your keyboard preferences.
    You are working from old information.

I went 9810 to Classic to PRIV. Most of the time I only have to charge my PRIV every SECOND day.

The keyboard on the PRIV is not as good as the Classic's, but coming from the 9810 it may actually feel a bit bigger.
    The Z30's ability to get into the Android ecosystem is completely poor compared to the PRIV. You're stuck on v4.4 of the OS instead of 6 or 6.1, with 7 on the horizon. Not even close.

So, the purchase of the PRIV is a great idea. You may also find that you can go from 3G internet up to LTE/4G - that was one of the reasons I went from my 9810 to the Classic - MUCH faster web access.
    madmax12345 likes this.
    03-06-17 02:35 PM
    I recommend getting a case for your Priv if you plan on having it for 5 years like you did with your Torch. My Torch 9800 was a brick. It never broke, no matter what happened to it.

The Priv is far more delicate. If the screen shatters, the cost to replace it is almost as much as the Priv itself. I busted the digitizer in my last Priv after dropping it - or rather, throwing it - on the street by accident.
    do i really need one? the phone is so good looking i dont want to conceal its beauty in a case
    03-07-17 07:36 AM
    You are working from old information.

I went 9810 to Classic to PRIV. Most of the time I only have to charge my PRIV every SECOND day.

The keyboard on the PRIV is not as good as the Classic's, but coming from the 9810 it may actually feel a bit bigger.
    The Z30's ability to get into the Android ecosystem is completely poor compared to the PRIV. You're stuck on v4.4 of the OS instead of 6 or 6.1, with 7 on the horizon. Not even close.

So, the purchase of the PRIV is a great idea. You may also find that you can go from 3G internet up to LTE/4G - that was one of the reasons I went from my 9810 to the Classic - MUCH faster web access.
    from using 3G for such a long time, 4G LTE is so fast
    glwerry likes this.
    03-07-17 07:37 AM
    The torch was fun until z10.

Sent from one of my SE Passports using BB10 superior software.
    06-10-17 02:37 PM
    I'm the opposite from you! I just bought a 9810 off of eBay because I've never owned a Torch before! Granted, I purchased it as a collector and not for daily use.

This thread is almost four months old so not sure if you've already made your PRIV purchase.. it's a cool phone but MUCH larger than the Torch so get ready for a whole new level of form factor!
    06-14-17 01:11 PM