As everyone probably knows, the KeyOne was officially launched yesterday in Barcelona. It's a beautiful phone with decent software specs AND BB10's Hub (which I love on my Classic). While many people are hesitant to jump ship due to Android OS, price, or internal spec decisions made by TCL and BlackBerry Mobile, I know for certain that I'll be purchasing one when it's available in April.

What are everyone's thoughts on the device? Will you also buy the new KeyOne? What are your reasons for doing so (or not).

Posted with  BlackBerry Classic
    02-26-17 12:11 PM
    If they put up a pre-order link maybe that would be a start.

I think I will end up buying one like every BB they have put out, haven't missed one yet.
    02-26-17 12:15 PM
    I will definitely be getting one. I will miss my Classic dearly but I need something similar yet new and the Keyone is it. I've had my Classic since is was released 12-17-14 and it's the phone I've had the longest out of all 10 phones I've had.

Can't wait for the new world of Android with endless possibilities. BUT I do wish BB10 was revamped for this phone cuz I've always loved BB10. It won't be easy to say goodbye :-(

Classic, Q10, Bold 9900, Bold 9000...do u notice the pattern? :-)
    02-26-17 12:41 PM
    I'll get one for sure...maybe not directly in April those though.

Reason being that this is the closest one can come to a Classic/PP feeling in android world. Looking forward to see the devise here in franfurt in shops..hopefully it will be displayed by some stores ;-)

CB10 on my PP SE
    02-26-17 01:54 PM
    Haven't checked the dimensions, but it looks an incredibly tall device

Posted via CB10
    02-26-17 03:46 PM
    Yes. Without a doubt.
    02-26-17 03:47 PM
    Am still thinking of upgrading from my classic to the Keyone, 70% leaning toward upgrading till today

Posted via CB10
    02-26-17 03:57 PM
    I'm all in!
    bakron1, PALoeza and bluesqueen23 like this.
    02-26-17 04:02 PM
    Definitely giving it a shot as soon as it's available.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-17 04:25 PM
    If they release a BB10 version, I'll probably pick it up.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-17 04:29 PM

Posted via CB10
    Sorry, but I don't think that is going to happen.

I would buy it in a heartbeat if it had BB10 as the OS.
    02-26-17 06:38 PM
    Yes. I'm posting from my Classic right now, and always have to resist flicking as I used a Passport for a couple of years. Looking forward to having that back.

Also the camera and battery life look fantastic. To bad we have to wait so long.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-17 07:07 PM

Posted via CB10
    That would be incredible if they actually were to do that! No way that they would, but sure would be nice to have a BlackBerry 10 option.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-17 08:00 PM

Posted via CB10
    Not going to happen.

Posted with my  Classic
    02-26-17 08:52 PM
    I am absolutely making the switch. It will be a big upgrade in many ways, though the BlackBerry Hub + is not quite what we have on BB10, it will be enough to ease the transition. And nice to have an OS with a future of upgrades and development.

Posted with my  Classic
    02-26-17 08:54 PM
    I think as a Classic lover and PKB advocate, the KEYone is the next logical step for me

I gotta say at launch I was a little "meh" on it but after seeing the review videos. I think I kinda love it
    02-26-17 09:00 PM
    Not in a few months.
    02-26-17 09:35 PM
    Not now. Because I like form factor of classic. Perhapps later when bb10 was unusable for website and Google contact and angenda. Because bb10 is realy good for daily use

lolo69 #welove&wheshare
    02-27-17 04:02 AM
    Does anyone know who will carry it in the United States?

Posted via CB10
    02-27-17 06:15 AM
    I will eventually get a Keyone for sure, just not release. My Classic and my PPSE are still going very strong and I'm in not hurry as I'm not in any dire need of any apps I do not currently have.

If I didn't have either the Classic or the PPSE, it would be a day 1 purchase for me. The $550 price seems more than fair for what the KeyOne offers.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-17 06:50 AM
    I don't think that information is out yet. I've read on a different thread in the KEYone forum that the device will be available through BlackBerry Mobile/TCL directly before it is available through carriers (this is a rumor though). I'll most likely purchase it this way instead of waiting for it to be available on AT&T. I purchased my Classic via the carrier and it was a huge headache -- it was short in supply at their stores and the ATT reps were really pushing an iPhone instead of the phone I went in to buy, the Classic.

02-27-17 01:57 PM
    I will eventually get a Keyone for sure, just not release. My Classic and my PPSE are still going very strong and I'm in not hurry as I'm not in any dire need of any apps I do not currently have.

If I didn't have either the Classic or the PPSE, it would be a day 1 purchase for me. The $550 price seems more than fair for what the KeyOne offers.

Posted via CB10
    I've been using the Classic for a while now and it's beginning to show signs of slowing down, which is very unfortunate. My Q10 before that was also very sluggish. No choice for me but to get the KEYone. Will miss BB10, and getting used to Android might take some time, but I'm excited for the phone. And I agree, the price seems fair for the supposed solid build quality of the device. Of course, having the price go down would be great, but you can't win them all.

02-27-17 02:01 PM
    Yep I will. Can't wait.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-17 08:11 PM
    I've been using the Classic for a while now and it's beginning to show signs of slowing down, which is very unfortunate. My Q10 before that was also very sluggish. No choice for me but to get the KEYone. Will miss BB10, and getting used to Android might take some time, but I'm excited for the phone. And I agree, the price seems fair for the supposed solid build quality of the device. Of course, having the price go down would be great, but you can't win them all.

Since I have both the Classic and the PPSE, my Classic has little to no apps (absolutely no Android apps) and is used for only email, texts and calls; so it has held up fantastically. My PPSE being more powerful than the Classic has the apps I need (nothing more, nothing less; I'm not one of those people that has 50+ downloaded apps just to fill my homescreens) and runs fantastically as well.

Posted via CB10
    PALoeza likes this.
    02-27-17 08:19 PM
    Haven't checked the dimensions, but it looks an incredibly tall device

Posted via CB10
    Slagman said it is the width of the Classic and slightly taller, if I remember correctly from one of his posts.
    02-28-17 02:18 AM
106 123 ...