Hello all. Would appreciate some thoughts and / or guidance…

As written elsewhere I have resisted the urge to upgrade from 10.2.2.984. For my needs, it is more than sufficient. However, I mistakenly picked up a new Q with 10.3.1.1565, and as I wrote elsewhere I was less than impressed.

There are many issues I have with 10.3 beyond the cosmetics of the GUI. For example, the lack of volume, the inability to take a picture by touching the screen, seeming inability to play nicely with MSExchange, with 10.3.3. desk top link no longer working ( note it was never stellar), etc.

However, I thought I would do a compare and contrast with not only 10.2 and 10.3 but also with the latest 10.3.3. So, I took a new, unopened box off the shelf, inserted the battery, connected the charger and allowed the phone to upgrade.

Note, the two Q’s running the 10.3.1 and the 10.3.3 are unused, new. The 10.3.3. has not even been outside my office. Yet both of these devices refuse to play nicely with MSExchange.

1. For both 10.3’s, sync is only one way. Sort of. Exchange recognizes I respond to mail on the BB. And it reflects such on the computer. However, the Q’s will not update to show I have sent a message, or deleted a message or moved a message to a different folder. Or that a message is no longer “new” or unopened.
    2. On both Q’s I can not get any calendar events to show on the BB. And it goes without saying any events entered on the BB do not show up in Exchange.
    3. On the 10.3.1 before I added the 10.3.3 as with events, it was impossible to add contacts on the BB and have them reflected in Exchange. Initially there was no initial sync of contacts. However, have corrected that in that I have a static list of contacts on my BB.
    4. 10.3.3. just duplicates contacts at random. Some contacts now have 5 email addresses, but NOT five mobile phone numbers, addresses, etc.
    5. No hope with notes, reminders, etc.

Have tried all the obvious such as delete accounts, reboot, off/on re-install, etc. No impact.

And there are other issues such as;

1. No longer am confident I can make it through a day on one charge.
    2. The tether function has become incredibly slow .... Think molasses. Or glaciers.

Wonder if anyone else has had one, some, all or more issues ? For clarity, won't give up on the Q. Just curiosity.
    02-21-17 09:19 PM
    Have you every reloaded the OS and just started from scratch.... I'd try that with one of your devices.
    lasoiveille likes this.
    02-22-17 07:15 AM
    I have two exchange accounts. I have noticed a significant delay in the syncing with 10.3.3.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-17 07:19 AM
    Strange about the battery experience, although there are plenty of comments going both ways on these forums. I bought a brand new Q10 about a year ago and easily get 2 days out of it even now. . .and my other Q10 was also fine, but neither was trying to use Exchange. Could the lack of battery life possibly be caused somewhat by the other issues? (e.g., trying to unsuccessfully sync constantly with Exchange). Just a guess, but if both Qs are doing it, at least it sounds like they're being consistent
    Last edited by lasoiveille; 02-22-17 at 08:54 AM. Reason: Grammar
    02-22-17 08:52 AM
    Strange about the battery experience, although there are plenty of comments going both ways on these forums. I bought a brand new Q10 about a year ago and easily get 2 days out of it even now. . .and my other Q10 was also fine, but neither was trying to use Exchange. Could the lack of battery life possibly be caused somewhat by the other issues? (e.g., trying to unsuccessfully sync constantly with Exchange). Just a guess, but if both Qs are doing it, at least it sounds like they're being consistent
    This can definitely happen. I have had this problem a few times when there have been issues on the server side.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-17 09:02 AM
    That's the thing... so many are having very varied experiences with the 10.3.3 update. The only thing that some have found successful... is a clean install of the OS and starting over with either no restore of data, or limited restore (after fully testing). But it's very likely that it's only an issue for a very, very small number of users... as only those with issues tend to come here.
    02-22-17 09:11 AM
    Have you every reloaded the OS and just started from scratch.... I'd try that with one of your devices.
    My apologies for the delay. Too much travel.

Initially, I did not not think it necessary as two of the three were new out of the box . . . However, did reload and see no noticeable improvement.

To be fair, I am beginning to think the sync might some MS related issue. The rest such as volume, hotspot, etc I believe is BB.
    02-26-17 05:44 PM
    This can definitely happen. I have had this problem a few times when there have been issues on the server side.

Posted via CB10
    I definitely think there is a disconnect between MS and BB on the sync. However, having said that, even with sync off, and using the Q's, one on wife 10.2 and other on wifi 10.3.3, the newer version does drain faster.

Oh well, we will figure it out. After all, it is not as if there is a different phone I can switch to....Now BB is out of the OS and hardware business, will make the Q's last as long as possible.
    02-26-17 05:48 PM