Dear All,

For several days this month, I have failed to update the software on my device (not enough space, the massage keep asking to free the device some 800MB). Before doing anything as precaution I had backup my device yeste rday (14/2/2017) using BlackBerry link on my laptop. After that I managed to install the update using wifi conection through office network to version 10.3.3.1435. I am gonna to get back to my previous backup - email, pectures, video, photos, apps so many (total about neraly 1.9 GB. When connected the device to notebook and sign in using BB ID, all menus are there. When, I press the icon "backup and restore", and at the same time change the directory of backup file, the cursor just searching around, there is not indication what the computer is doing? I have waited for hours and no solution at the end. I think there is a problem, since the backup process took only the most 20 mins. Could somebody advise how to solve this problems, please!!!

Best regards
    02-21-17 12:07 AM
    Don't do a full restore, try restoring it in parts
    02-21-17 12:58 AM
    After you did the backup, what did you delete to free up 800 MB? Hopefully you deleted apps, as that's easy to reinstall. If you erased emails, pictures, videos... well, if the backup didn't happen, then you've lost whatever you deleted. Sorry. How big is the backup file? That will at least give you an idea if the backup worked or not. Also, remember that after a major OS update, it takes the phone a few hours to re-index all your files (photos, videos, music), which may make them seem missing, but they're still there.

For the future, store pictures and videos on a microSD. If you run low on internal storage, remove apps that you don't mind losing temporarily (apps you use infrequently, apps that are easy to configure, apps that don't store a lot of data you care about).
    02-21-17 01:07 AM
    Thank for your advice. The size of backup is about 1.9GB.

tq
    02-22-17 11:30 PM
    Sorry, I don't have any choice after I click back-up and restore menu. What I saw was the cursor moving for hours with nothing!!! (see picture attached)Z 30 fail to restore-bbscreen.jpg

Thank you
    02-22-17 11:49 PM
    Carjackd might have more info on how to selectively restore.

I don't use many apps (so don't care that they aren't backed up) and keep photos/videos/music on a microSD, which is backed up separately.

Good luck!
    02-23-17 04:19 PM