Had sixteen channels. No updates in over two weeks and even those were sporadic as in only a couple were updating at all. Rest went silent. Too bad. Amazing pictures was pretty good. Diary of a Joyful girl was nice fluff to read. Now only BBM channel itself updates.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-17 07:48 AM
    If you don't have a market.... you don't have a product.

Not sure where you are, but I expect most of the success that BBM Channels might be having at this point... are in Indonesia. Where most of the users are.
    02-20-17 07:54 AM
    Sorry to say it but BBM channels was dead basically a month after they launched. Here in Canada they had big names on board like Tim Hortons and Canadian tire. Rather then push those and feature them, they thought featuring channels of random people posting about what they eat or whatever was a better way to go. Guess what happened with Tim Hortons and Canadian tire channels?
    02-20-17 08:21 AM
    Haven't even check out channels in a while. It was lacking a community

Posted Via Passport with CB10 app
    02-20-17 12:34 PM
    How funny, hadn't received a notification in ages. I open this thread and a new notification popped up in the HUB.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Posted via CB10
    02-20-17 12:51 PM
    Still follow 'Another Era'..nice vintage pictures of cities and stars of the olden times. They even allow comments, which were closed on many channels due to my people just posting pins or pin requests.

CB10 on my PP SE
    qmishery and BigBadWulf like this.
    02-20-17 01:35 PM
    I still follow about 32 channels. Most still update frequently, but a few, like Decentralize Now, have moved to web-based blog formats.

Q10  OS 10.3.2.2474  Z30
    02-20-17 04:53 PM
    In my case, some Channels update only after I go into the channel and scroll down a bit. I figured it's just because of my internet connection or something.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-17 05:14 PM
    02-20-17 06:26 PM
    I enjoyed the photography ones from different countries. One dude posted from Romania and was pretty cool. The French ones were always nice to read.

Posted via CB10
    02-20-17 06:30 PM
    That was bound to happen. BBM Channels was designed so that it could only be accessed from a BB10 device, yet relatively few BB10 devices were sold. It was the height of hubris to try to make a social media service that required a BB10 device to use and then to assume that it would gain success - because to do that, you have to assume that most people are going to have a BB10 device. Instead, it was a tiny pool of people all trying to get each other interested in their channel, but no possibility of ever having a significant audience because there was no way for people outside the device ecosystem to participate. That's the kind of tone-deaf thing that BB is so famous for, being isolated from the rest of the tech world in Waterloo - the land where everyone carried a BB and no one could imagine people carrying anything else.

Besides, did anyone really need another social media outlet in 2014?

Still, not having it accessible on the web was so incredibly short-sighted that it was doomed to fail before it was even launched. The poor behavior of its users was only a consequence of the short-sighted design of the product.
    Uzi, StephanieMaks, bodjor and 1 others like this.
    02-22-17 12:45 AM
    PIN spam and PIN requests killed it, bruh... ;-(((

•   Mercurial greetings , hopefully coming soon to Planet Earth... :-D   •
    02-22-17 02:50 AM
    Had sixteen channels. No updates in over two weeks and even those were sporadic as in only a couple were updating at all. Rest went silent. Too bad. Amazing pictures was pretty good. Diary of a Joyful girl was nice fluff to read. Now only BBM channel itself updates.

Posted via CB10
    Amazing Pictures was, well, amazing. I liked it as well. Said that channels died before it even had really gotten started.
    02-22-17 06:59 AM
    stop spamming your channels
    02-22-17 07:57 PM
    Look up Diary of a Joyful girl's channel. She completely spells out the problems in her last post.

And thank you to admins.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-17 06:15 AM
    Look up Diary of a Joyful girl's channel. She completely spells out the problems in her last post.

And thank you to admins.

Posted via CB10
    Not just her... fellow CB'ian VanAwful got his posts deleted by BBM police just because he was critical about share to BBM Channels not being available on BBM Android which IMO is a major drawback.

But its truly shocking that they did this... a text post being deleted for the real description of how lame the Android BBM app is in real world use.

From an app development view point i think its crippled android 6 & below which does not have an app invocation framework like BB10 which summons all sharing options from the word go.. Channels, Groups, Evernote, Email and other integrated apps which is such a joy to use.

Hopefully this can change with Android Nougat offering system level notifications natively without the app developer going hammer and tongs coding the **** out of an app and increasing the app size.

Even the Dteks and Priv don't have quick reply with just a plain banner on top coming in and requires app launch for replying... which is pointless... But its available for WhatsApp (from JB times) which just makes it even more frustrating that a system level app doesn't have the same privileges as a very well coded and robust app like WhatsApp.
    02-26-17 10:11 AM
    Yup I lost the Still Bold group right off my iPhone. It could be that it is because a Blackberry group detected an iPhone
    02-27-17 11:19 AM
    That was bound to happen. BBM Channels was designed so that it could only be accessed from a BB10 device, yet relatively few BB10 devices were sold. It was the height of hubris to try to make a social media service that required a BB10 device to use and then to assume that it would gain success - because to do that, you have to assume that most people are going to have a BB10 device. Instead, it was a tiny pool of people all trying to get each other interested in their channel, but no possibility of ever having a significant audience because there was no way for people outside the device ecosystem to participate. That's the kind of tone-deaf thing that BB is so famous for, being isolated from the rest of the tech world in Waterloo - the land where everyone carried a BB and no one could imagine people carrying anything else.

Besides, did anyone really need another social media outlet in 2014?

Still, not having it accessible on the web was so incredibly short-sighted that it was doomed to fail before it was even launched. The poor behavior of its users was only a consequence of the short-sighted design of the product.
    BBM has never worked good on my iPhone, either double typing, lag, jams or shutting down. It has always worked great on the 9900 even recently....

There are barely ANY BBM updates for iOS.
    02-27-17 11:22 AM
    Think Android is their focus....
    02-27-17 11:37 AM
    PIN spam and PIN requests killed it, bruh... ;-(((

•   Mercurial greetings , hopefully coming soon to Planet Earth... :-D   •
    This certainly became a major problem on many channels as it killed the ability to carry on a meaningful question-and-answer function or even to leave helpful comments without having them buried.

Some channels, like Bits for example, are still updated every day, have lots of followers, and I read them as frequently, so it's not all gloom.

Q10  OS 10.3.2.2474  Z30
    02-28-17 12:04 AM
    Well I read that BBM Channels will be Web searchable soon and if this happens and is accessible via the web like Twitter there is a fighting chance it will come out of life support. Now especially when it comes with buy now button and bots to answer standard queries.
    02-28-17 12:16 AM
    BBM Channels have died for a while now. Sad to say. I even tried to revive my channel with no success. Time to retire it.

Come join our channel and learn something new!
    02-28-17 10:52 AM
    BBM Channels have died for a while now. Sad to say. I even tried to revive my channel with no success. Time to retire it.

Come join our channel and learn something new!
    Is this deception or clever words with retire and come join.... if you get what I mean..

Posted via CB10
    03-01-17 01:16 AM