I'm now really worried that my z30 might be on the fritz. I bought this z30 brand new and unlocked to replace my "emergency calls only" BlackBerry Passport. Yesterday on my way home the issue started, notification said that my SIM is blocked by the network. Only emergency calls, a flash back of the BlackBerry Passport ghost. This should not happen as a consistent good paying customer that should not be the case. I did a couple of reboots while on the road, and the issue seemed to go away. This morning the same message appeared. Did a reboot or two, and it works again. Are the carrier's just trying to annoy BlackBerry users? My mom is on the same carrier with an iPhone, no such issues. I believe all these phones pass certification may they be BlackBerry ,iPhone, Android, Nokia windows phone,etc....why should BlackBerry be some what inferior to other phones? This is the impression that comes to my mind with this kind of problem. Darn, I just hope it's some kind of network adjustment that they are doing and nothing specific to BlackBerry. Peace.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-17 06:04 PM
    Please tell us what carrier are you on, what model of z30 do you use, and what city do you live in. Does the phone really say "SIM is blocked" or "Emergency calls only"? All the other words you have typed are not useful or helpful to solving your problem.

When you get an "Emergency calls only" message, that could mean that your model of Z30 phone is not compatible with your carrier. Without knowing the details that I just asked you for, its hard to pinpoint your phone's exact problem.
    02-18-17 10:42 PM
    Here is a thread with information on Z30 models: http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...encies-850736/
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-18-17 10:46 PM
    Clean sim slot and volume buttons reset

Posted via CB10
    02-19-17 12:02 PM
    Just call your carrier, tell your problems, they will help you. They don't want to lose a customer.

Posted via CB10
    02-19-17 07:24 PM
    STA100-2 ,from the Philippines. Carrier is Globe Telecommunications. Still on 10.3.2.xxxx. I notice my VPN now is not as consistent connected. I have to manually connect it at times, unlike before it was on and connected all the time. It is kinda now defeated in my mind as, if the back end data services are running with out the VPN, then it kinda defeats the paid subscription of the VPN. LoL. Peace.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by kunz1925shooter; 02-23-17 at 12:48 AM.
    02-22-17 11:22 PM
    Yes, there was an actual "SIM is blocked" from the HUB notifications, also on top where the icons were together with the "emergency calls only icon"...

Posted via CB10
    02-22-17 11:25 PM
    baka sa sim mo yan pinaputol mo ba? mejo maarte BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    02-23-17 08:45 AM
    Call your carrier, maybe they can assist.

Posted via the Diva's beautiful Red Passport!
    02-23-17 11:18 AM
    baka sa sim mo yan pinaputol mo ba? mejo maarte BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    Hi...nope I did not have it cut...btw,yesterday my z30 was running on "over drive"...it was like on the verge of a crash/or total hang...plus now the BlackBerry icon on the upper right side is gone at times...although if I check my BlackBerry ID via the settings it seems to connect alright...I suspect the viber 10 or maybe face slim could be the culprit...I ran "ooniprobe" (installed via apkpure)...If I run it without VPN the results say that "evidence of network tampering"..."there could be a "middle box" that is responsible for censorship and /or traffic manipulation. "....if I run "ooniprobe" with VPN it is Okay...?

Posted via CB10
    02-23-17 08:19 PM
    I think it is on the carrier side that is the issue. If I use VPN via IKEv2, it some times crawls (network speed/connection)to a point the VPN times-out with the session. It tries to re-establish a VPN and fails miserable and just gives up. Meanwhile the network speeds up again and viola Internet without VPN with out you realizing the VPN connection is down....is my analysis wrong?

Posted via CB10
    02-23-17 08:26 PM
    I have never had these issues since I started using VPN...it is only this past weekend that it all started. Weird.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-17 08:31 PM