This is just to share my experience of dealing with (in)famous "ps1036lq" error in BlackBerry World.

I have encountered this error few weeks ago while trying to pay with PayPal for another app.
    Probably each and every solution was tried - whatever I could find in CB threads, in BB support forums and elsewhere through Google search.
    Namely:
    - restarting the device
    - logging off/on PP on PC
    - change of passwords for BB ID and for PP
    - reducing PP password to 8 characters
    - deleting PP payment option in BBW
    - refreshing BBW (losing all bookmarks in the process, damned!)
    - using Payment Options app
    - disabling/enabling WiFi and/or mobile network
    - playing with parental controls
    - pressing Save buttons for 8...10...40 times
    Did I miss anything?
    The only option I did not try - factory reset.
    Finally, I gave up and added bank card as new payment option in BBW and it worked. Not the best solution, but no other choice.

And the reason of this mysterious error remains unknown. As far as I knew, Blackberry didn't care to investigate and to explain.
    02-11-17 11:29 AM
    Happens to me too
    02-11-17 12:04 PM
    Finally, I gave up and added bank card as new payment option in BBW and it worked
    Ok--I now remember doing this as well BUT after doing this I was able to delete that bank card payment and select PayPal again and then log in as if it was a new account. And everything worked again for PayPal. Have you tried?
    02-11-17 12:51 PM
    Hi, I'm one of the many users with this error and to tell you the factory reset doesn't accomplish anything.
    dmlis likes this.
    02-12-17 09:58 AM
    Ok--I now remember doing this as well BUT after doing this I was able to delete that bank card payment and select PayPal again and then log in as if it was a new account. And everything worked again for PayPal. Have you tried?
    I tried but no success. The solution for me is bank card but I don't like this solution. On PayPal I have 2-step verification. Can this feature produce the original problem?

Posted via CB10 || BlackBerry Z10
    02-12-17 12:36 PM
    On PayPal I have 2-step verification. Can this feature produce the original problem?
    That is certainly a possibility. I must be blind or stupid because I cannot even find 2-step on the PayPal website. If you know where that is just disable it as a test.
    02-12-17 01:23 PM
    That is certainly a possibility. I must be blind or stupid because I cannot even find 2-step on the PayPal website. If you know where that is just disable it as a test.
    I tested it without 2 step verification: no success with PayPal. The way is bank card

Posted via CB10 || BlackBerry Z10
    02-12-17 04:53 PM
    Thanks for the hint. I'll try it as soon as I'll buy some more apps from my wishlist. Not earlier, as I'm afraid to lose any payment option... becoming a bit paranoid.
    02-13-17 02:44 PM
    You already tried that one! My bad!
    02-13-17 03:13 PM
    Hi, I'm one of the many users with this error and to tell you the factory reset doesn't accomplish anything.
    Thank you.
    02-13-17 03:42 PM
    Just tried to input wrong password to PayPal account. The picture didn't change. It means that the authorization request even doesn't sending to PayPal?

Posted via CB10
    03-19-17 04:01 PM
    Hi All,
    In case anyone is still having PayPal issues on BB10, I hope I'm not being insulting / stating the obvious here; but I take it you have done the following (published on the BlackBerry site)? :

Overview

When prompted to enter the PayPal credentials in BlackBerry World,*after*entering*the*credentials the following error message is displayed in red:

We ran into a problem while processing your request. Please try again later.* (PS1036lq)

Note: This can occur when attempting to enter PayPal login information through the BlackBerry World app or in Settings > Payment Options.

Resolution
    Delete*and*then*add*the*PayPal account*payment method from*BlackBerry World*on*the*BlackBerry*10 smartphone*following*these*steps:

Open BlackBerry World on*the*BlackBerry 10 smartphone.
    Swipe down from the top bezel and select Settings
    Select Payment Options
    If*prompted*for*BlackBerry ID credentials then*enter*them*now.
    If a PayPal payment method exists*then tap it and select Delete.
    Press the + button and select PayPal as an additional Payment Method.
    Enter the*PayPal Credentials.
    Set PayPal as the default payment method.
    Workaround

Change the payment method to something other than PayPal if available.

To confirm the payment method is now set to use PayPal:

On the home screen, swipe down from the top of the screen.
    Tap Settings > Payment Options.
    Your PayPal address should be listed as your method of payment.

If not, I hope this cracks it for you!

Posted via CB10
    06-08-17 01:25 PM