The OS was 10.3.2, apps run very slow. Upgraded to 10.3.3, nothing improved. Greenify killed most of running apps, launch app and run still slow.

Any ideas?
    02-07-17 07:18 PM
    Autoloader
    02-07-17 07:32 PM
    Can you post screenshots of the Battery and CPU tab of device monitor?
    02-07-17 11:33 PM
    Finally got here:

Blackberry Leap runs slow recently-bb10.3.31463_battery.pngBlackberry Leap runs slow recently-bb10.3.31463_cpu.png
    02-10-17 02:44 PM
    Finally got here:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BB10.3.31463_Battery.png 
Views:	198 
Size:	45.1 KB 
ID:	417260Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BB10.3.31463_CPU.png 
Views:	197 
Size:	124.5 KB 
ID:	417261
    Did you install BBM Meetings through BB World? The app was removed from the OS a while ago.

Going by your CPU usage it might be a running Android app that's causing problems. Try closing all of them through Device monitor (long press app -> Close) and see if performance improves that way?
    02-10-17 03:39 PM
    I didn't install BBM Meetings, never use it. It was there. Can I uninstall it?
    Yes, I run Android apps (All Google stuff, calendar, contacts, maps, etc). It wasn't feeling too slow before.
    02-11-17 12:41 PM
    Get rid of ES File Explorer. Just use the built-in File Manager or if you must download Ghost Commander from BlackBerry World.
    02-11-17 12:45 PM
    OK. Deleted it.
    02-11-17 07:05 PM
    Can Autoloader disable AutoStart Apps?
    02-11-17 07:25 PM
    Try a simple reboot. I had a small issue with it running slow for a reason I couldn't figure out on my passport, a reboot usually fixes it up.

Otherwise, use the device manager to close anything unwanted

Posted via CB10
    02-11-17 07:44 PM
    I usually shutdown at night, and start at working hours. I noticed there are many auto-start apps, so I am using Greenify to kill them from time to time. However Greenify runs on Android, every time I have to turn on accessibility from Android settings that's a pain. Thought BB may have same function builtin like Greenify.
    02-11-17 07:53 PM
    I usually shutdown at night, and start at working hours. I noticed there are many auto-start apps, so I am using Greenify to kill them from time to time. However Greenify runs on Android, every time I have to turn on accessibility from Android settings that's a pain. Thought BB may have same function builtin like Greenify.
    I would get rid of Greenify also. Go into each of your android apps from : settings/app manager/go to the application permissions screen to change permissions for individual apps/select apps and de-select "Run when minimized" . You can do this for all apps but start with the android ones and see if that improves your battery life and maybe your performance. Also within the android app itself, go to the settings of each app and check for notification and other auto settings. You may want to disable notifications to see if that improves things.
    02-11-17 08:14 PM
    You can do it through Device monitor, what I do if I need to close an Android app is minimize it to an active frame and then close it from the CPU tab of Device monitor.

Regarding BBM Meetings, are you able to delete it with a long press of the home screen icon? The app seems to be running on your device but the service was discontinued a while ago.

I would get rid of Greenify also. Go into each of your android apps from : settings/app manager/go to the application permissions screen to change permissions for individual apps/select apps and de-select "Run when minimized" . You can do this for all apps but start with the android ones and see if that improves your battery life and maybe your performance. Also within the android app itself, go to the settings of each app and check for notification and other auto settings. You may want to disable notifications to see if that improves things.
    This won't disable the autostart permission unfortunately, it'll only stop apps from running once they're minimized into an active frame IIRC.
    02-11-17 11:47 PM
    You can do it through Device monitor, what I do if I need to close an Android app is minimize it to an active frame and then close it from the CPU tab of Device monitor.

Regarding BBM Meetings, are you able to delete it with a long press of the home screen icon? The app seems to be running on your device but the service was discontinued a while ago.

This won't disable the autostart permission unfortunately, it'll only stop apps from running once they're minimized into an active frame IIRC.
    Are there any ways /apps disable the autostart permission?
    02-12-17 08:52 AM
    Yep, that's true. I was looking for ways to help with overall performance (battery-life) and this in no way has anything to do with autostart of android apps.
    As far as I know there is nothing you can do to deny this unless it is built into the app itself and you can control through the settings.
    Invictus0 likes this.
    02-12-17 09:41 AM
    Not that I know of, I think apps like Greenify or Device monitor are the only ways to stop app autostart (until you reopen the app anyway).
    02-12-17 09:56 AM
    Yes, I did most of them, however not all apps can be de-selected "Run when minimized". Some of them the button like "grey out".
    02-12-17 10:57 AM
    I had some experience with one particular android app that would slow and disrupt my Leap almost useless! Iheart radio! Sucks! I installed on all my BB10 devices except my Q10 and all were working horribly! I thought something was wrong with BlackBerry lol until I noticed the common denominator, now after uninstalling IHEART radio, all is good in my collection of BB10 devices so in other words find the culprit and delete him! Lol

Posted via CB10
    02-17-17 10:55 AM
    Hey guys. I buy a Leap and the Picture Gallery App runs slow when I minimized it or open it again. Only that app.
    I install a new OS with a autoloader but still lags.

Anybody this problem?

Posted via CB10
    09-10-17 04:11 AM
    Hey guys. I buy a Leap and the Picture Gallery App runs slow when I minimized it or open it again. Only that app.
    I install a new OS with a autoloader but still lags.

Anybody this problem?

Posted via CB10
    Are your photos saved in a SD card? If not, maybe this could be the problem.

Posted via CB10
    09-10-17 03:35 PM
    Are your photos saved in a SD card? If not, maybe this could be the problem.

Posted via CB10
    Hey. No I use only my device without a SD card. I have only 30-40 pictures on my phone.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-17 12:38 AM