OK so I am not sure if anyone else is having this problem. Google Maps on my priv SUCKS! I have AT&T as my network provider. I most of the time have all 5 4g bars. Google maps stops and says it lost connection. When you start it up and start using it for directions it take minutes for it to actually start moving and giving directions. Is this just a Google Maps issue everyone experiences, is it an AT&T network issue, or is it a blackberry priv android issue? Please help.
    chuckiev79 likes this.
    02-03-17 08:18 PM
    I've used my Priv and Google Maps on T-Mobile in Arizona - No issues like you describe.
    I've used my Priv and Google Maps on Rogers in Nova Scotia - No issues like you describe.

Based on my experience, you should be looking toward AT&T but others may disagree.
    02-03-17 08:27 PM
    Thanks for the reply. I'm not sure what else to do. It's pretty sucky.
    02-03-17 11:21 PM
    Have been using Google Maps in south Florida with the crappy AT&T reception (less than -105 dB most of time) on my DTEK 50. Google Maps works fine except a bit slow in loading maps.

Sounds like you may have a GPS issue. Suggest to try other maps apps and install a GPS app to see if you can pinpoint the cause.
    02-04-17 07:36 AM
    Thanks for the reply. I'm not sure what else to do. It's pretty sucky.
    Hi twelvezero8- I experienced the same kind of response of my PRIV's GPS dropping while using Google Map's on AT&T's network several months back. This eventually cleared itself and my GPS has been great. I don't know it it is a coincidence or not, but I did turn on IZat under Location Services, Accelerated Location.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    02-04-17 11:04 PM
    I find maps to be extremely laggy on my Priv as well. I've just started giving Waze a chance.
    02-07-17 01:16 PM
    I'm on AT&T and I've used Google Maps a good amount the past few months. I've driven from West Hollywood to Denver covering Nevada and Utah along the way. I've made 3 trips back and forth and no issues. In addition, I used it to navigate around LA and West Hollywood without any issues.

Bob
    02-07-17 06:53 PM
    Same issue here in California on Verizon. Sometimes the delay is up to 20 seconds before my blip catches up. Makes it unusable for directions.
    02-07-17 09:55 PM
    AT&T here. Travel a lot and use Google Maps a lot. Hardly have any issues.
    02-07-17 09:59 PM
    My priv is spotty here in md also. I have everything turned on and it drops the signal a couple times a block. I use GPS status also, but ever since they added that galleo stuff it doesn't work very well so idk. I wish I had the older version still.
    02-25-17 08:27 AM
  11. Felix Emanuel Charles Marmann's Avatar
    I find maps to be extremely laggy on my Priv as well. I've just started giving Waze a chance.
    Waze is awesome. I use it frequently for my work and it finds places Google maps doesn't. And I need that because I'm a driver for handicapped people.
    02-27-17 03:03 AM
    I have the exact same issue! Its useless! It even shows I'm on a different street, I recently purchased a new car if not I would be completely in the dark , its the same issue with waze. Has something gone wrong with my phone? Att PRIV here in Southern California
    03-06-17 05:10 PM