Has anybody installed this app on the Storm?
    Would you recommend?
    12-06-08 07:52 AM
    Best RSS reader ever. Even the beta version, with its minor problems, is better than anything I tried on Windows Mobile.
    12-06-08 08:36 AM
    Oops... I misread the OP.
    English must not be my first language... lol
    Last edited by MPSmith1; 12-06-08 at 03:09 PM. Reason: Thought OP was talking about Viigo...
    12-06-08 08:46 AM
    is a great app, I have to hit the Back button twice usually however to return to the previous page as the screen just sticks 1/2 way, but sure will be updated soon . . .
    12-06-08 08:52 AM
    Works Great as a reader but needs a revision for the bugs
    12-06-08 09:05 AM
    Are you folks confusing Vlingo with Viigo ?
    12-06-08 09:06 AM
    Are you folks confusing Vlingo with Viigo ?
    Yeah, they are . I used Vlingo on my Curve and I liked it but not enough to install on my Storm. Sorry, but maybe you should be the guinea pig!
    12-06-08 09:13 AM
    yes is is talking about vlingo to viigo. i used vlingo on my curve, but i have not tried it on the storm yet
    12-06-08 09:35 AM
    I have tried Vlingo, loved it on my 8830 but doesnt work well on the Storm. All commands were treated as web searchs. I could not open programs, memo to me or use it to voice dial. If anyone has some pull with Vlingo it would be a great program for the Storm. I am still slow typing emails and having the ability to dictate emails and memo's would be great on this phone.
    12-06-08 09:43 AM
    Vlingo works great for me on my storm. If you say "send message to Justin," it will text justin. If you say call justin, it will call him. Works great. I use it while driving.
    12-06-08 09:53 AM
    works for me too (on the storm)
    12-06-08 12:17 PM
    What phone are you saying you have because the Storm isn't listed
    12-06-08 12:28 PM
    are you downloading VLingo for 4.6? on the storm?

There is no download option for a phone running 4.7 software? Which do i download??
    12-06-08 01:36 PM
    I have installed 4.6 for the Storm - when you go to their web page on the phone it will tell you taht it doesn't know your operating system and gives you a choice of software - pick 4.6

Not having any problems as yet. It's still working out my UK voice !! but it is slow.
    12-06-08 01:41 PM
    thanks luke... it downloaded fine, but as i was going through set up, i set up the conv. key and when i tried to use it... it says "cant record, please try again" a few times, until the phone froze. i had to do a battery pull. Somethings not right.
    12-06-08 02:38 PM
    thanks luke... it downloaded fine, but as i was going through set up, i set up the conv. key and when i tried to use it... it says "cant record, please try again" a few times, until the phone froze. i had to do a battery pull. Somethings not right.
    The same thing happened to me, without the freezing though. But there was an issue with highlighting an option taking forever. I uninstalled the damned thing. Guess I will have to learn patience and wait for the Storm version.
    12-06-08 02:49 PM
    I have tried to install, but also can't get passed Step 4. Yes, I have Disabled Compatibility Mode, Allowed the permissions, and disabled Voice Dialing but still no luck. There has to be a reason why it works for some and not others. It would seem to me that there has to be something Installed or Configured on the devices that won't let it to work. Any suggestions? I have Weather Bug, FlyCast, ESPN, VZ Navigator, Facebook, MySpace, VCast, Google Maps, Flickr and Visual Voicemail.
    12-21-08 11:21 PM
    Install it and got it to work but I gave me 2 random resets and my Storm has never had those before.

I deleted it, but i cant wait for the Storm version release.
    12-21-08 11:47 PM
    IIRC from other Vlingo threads there is an option to allow the app to record or some such and that permission must be given

Install it and got it to work but I gave me 2 random resets and my Storm has never had those before.

I deleted it, but i cant wait for the Storm version release.
    i had the same problem so i uninstalled and I iagree can't want for the storm compat. version
    12-22-08 12:08 PM
    I am running Vlingo on my (75) Storm. I lied to the OTA downloader guy and said it was 4.6 ! My problems: I am 67 years old and I REALLY, REALLY need it, but I have NEVER used such a tool anywhere, including all my PCs. You have to be patient and kill everybody trying to use voice, etc. in order to get thru the setup. Have mercy on me, now I have a Storm AND Vlingo....Is somewhat reminiscent of the look and feel of WSJ BEFORE the really, really slick 1.1.8. Please, please RIM/VERIZON, give us a new release before my wife and all my clients call the Houston SPCA !
    12-22-08 01:32 PM
    Y'all: go into Options/Security Options/Applications Permission/Vlingo & edit the permissions - make sure Connections, Interactions, and User Data are ALL set to "Allow" ! Step back and be prepared for crashes, memory leaks, and bizarre behavior !
    12-22-08 01:45 PM
    Shame, Vlingo is the program I am most waiting for. As for bizarre behaviour, DoctorNeutron, I doubt Vlingo competes with my wife
    12-22-08 01:55 PM
    ive found vlingo works perfectly on my storm....

downloaded the one for 4.6, turn voice dialing OFF, turned compatibility mode OFF and the only permission i changed was set "Record" to Allow. (that got me past step 4)

the entire app works perfectly for me with touchscreen support, no reboots or crashes yet
    12-22-08 02:05 PM
    ive found vlingo works perfectly on my storm....

downloaded the one for 4.6, turn voice dialing OFF, turned compatibility mode OFF and the only permission i changed was set "Record" to Allow. (that got me past step 4)

the entire app works perfectly for me with touchscreen support, no reboots or crashes yet

By turning off Voice Dialing and making changes what do those do? By doing so does it keep anything else from working? Ive been playing with it but cant really get touch screen to work....it wont let me finish the install
    12-22-08 02:56 PM
    Dirty Jersey ,,,, same thing happened to me. Did you ever get it fixed???
    12-22-08 07:02 PM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD