Hey,

Does anyone use any of the extra features on BBM?

I remember when timed and retracting messages became available. I tested them once, and then never used them again.

What about BBM voice? I can see this being a bit more useful when traveling, like Skype. But also barely use it.

You guys?

Posted via CB10 on Z30
    01-19-17 01:20 AM
    I've made occasional use of timed and retractable messages.

I've only used BBM Voice a couple times. I have a very small BBM contact list and unlimited cellular calls available among them so there is no genuine need for it.
    01-19-17 03:28 AM
    Hi. I use glimpse very often - like 2-3 times a week.
    Sending hd photos is a nice future compared to MMS.

Passport
    01-20-17 04:27 AM
    Hi. I use glimpse very often - like 2-3 times a week.
    Sending hd photos is a nice future compared to MMS.

Passport
    I enjoy Glympse as well. It would be even better if there were a means to send the Glympse to non-BBM contacts. I realize that's not going to happen from within BBM though.
    01-20-17 05:08 AM
    I enjoy Glympse as well. It would be even better if there were a means to send the Glympse to non-BBM contacts. I realize that's not going to happen from within BBM though.
    I open map, then select user then there is on the buttom of screen arrow in circle -> browser opens, manually retype link to web browser on pc...

Passport
    01-20-17 07:04 AM
    Hey,

Does anyone use any of the extra features on BBM?

I remember when timed and retracting messages became available. I tested them once, and then never used them again.

What about BBM voice? I can see this being a bit more useful when traveling, like Skype. But also barely use it.

You guys?

Posted via CB10 on Z30
    Yes, I do use these all the time, stickers are great too.

I also use the HD pictures and lists too.

Unfortunately I have only used and made 1 Skype call to someone for some enquiry and never managed to touch it again. I have so many requests to install Skype for so many years but only managed to use it once.
    01-20-17 07:11 AM
    Stickers for fun, retract a lot, private chat rare but used, glimpse a lot, timed messages never really, except for pranks loool.

But lately 90 percent of my work contacts and a nice percentage of my friends, came back to BBM, that's the cool part.

Oh and BBM voice all the time especially that it works in Egypt and Dubai where whats app doesn't.
    01-20-17 07:16 AM
    I've used Glympse, edit, retract and stickers alot.
    01-20-17 08:24 AM
    I open map, then select user then there is on the buttom of screen arrow in circle -> browser opens, manually retype link to web browser on pc...

Passport
    I use Glympse Express to send Glympse to non BBM contacts. It generates the links right to the clipboard. It would be nice not to have an additional app to achieve that. Still, you have me curious.

You open the Glympse map from within BBM? How do you manage that? Or are you referring to a share of a static location from within BlackBerry Maps?
    01-20-17 08:49 AM
    BBM voice quite often with several Android users.
    01-20-17 08:45 PM
    I use Glympse Express to send Glympse to non BBM contacts. It generates the links right to the clipboard. It would be nice not to have an additional app to achieve that. Still, you have me curious.

You open the Glympse map from within BBM? How do you manage that? Or are you referring to a share of a static location from within BlackBerry Maps?
    I open location shared by one of my contacts. One the buttom of the screen I press 'show' ( I use diffrent language) and it opens in browser with link with I retype to normal browser.

Passport
    01-21-17 03:48 AM
    My wife and I are in have a group we use. Share calendar items and lists there. She on a Samsung. Me, a Passport.

Seahawk fans, there are stickers of players from SB49 (assuming you're over it). Downside, half are Patriot players
    01-21-17 04:48 AM
    I just started using BBM Groups for family messages. Mostly because I read that regular BBM conversations can't be transferred between phones. But BBM Group conversations can. Some features are nice, some are annoying. Commenting on pictures makes sense in theory, but in practice, it's kinda annoying to get multiple notifications for the same thing.

Posted via CB10 on Z30
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    01-22-17 07:13 PM
    using BBM voice call all the time over Wifi because of poor carrier reception over mobile network.
    BBM Voice is extent clear and crisp audio even over long distances, like from Germany to Canada for instant.

BBM Protected is another great thing to have this days.

Posted via - OS-10.3.++ device, it's all you need
    anon(3641385) and dmlis like this.
    01-23-17 03:18 PM
    I just started using BBM Groups for family messages. Mostly because I read that regular BBM conversations can't be transferred between phones. But BBM Group conversations can. Some features are nice, some are annoying. Commenting on pictures makes sense in theory, but in practice, it's kinda annoying to get multiple notifications for the same thing.

Posted via CB10 on Z30
    try the Calendar functions ;-)
    set family birthdays for your BBM Group and everyone get noticed at the same time once that date is due.

Obviously other time related Group agreements can be set in the Calendar app as well for all members in that Group too, very handy.

Posted via - OS-10.3.++ device, it's all you need
    01-23-17 03:21 PM

Posted via CB10 on Z30
    Don't count on that. BBM groups often can't be opened again if the administrator changes phones.
    01-23-17 09:29 PM
    Don't count on that. BBM groups often can't be opened again if the administrator changes phones.
    That's unfortunate. Thanks for the tip.

Posted via CB10 on Z30
    01-23-17 09:39 PM
    I use PayPal feature to send money

Posted via CB10
    01-26-17 10:06 PM
    I noticed of late it does transfer automatically. Don't know how but it does.
    01-28-17 09:23 AM
    I noticed of late it does transfer automatically. Don't know how but it does.
    Here's what I've found... if the initial connection with a contact was established via BB ID email then it will transfer. But if the initial contact was via BlackBerry PIN then those connections will NOT transfer to new phone. The contact will show up in your BBM list of contacts but you cannot communicate with them until sending another request... likely because you now have different PIN.

Crazy!
    01-28-17 01:50 PM
    I retract a message or two every now then when I ping my wife angrily :lol: and I use voice when normal call quality is down. That's about it beyond normal texting. I use stickers a lot as well.

Posted via CB10
    01-28-17 03:12 PM
    When my friends ignore me, I retract messages. That always gets their attention and ticks them off. At least then they respond.

BBM Protected... I love that.

Voice not so often, but a great feature because it is encrypted.

Stickers just to annoy.

The timed message features annoys me and everyone else.
    01-28-17 03:35 PM
    Stickers - Always
    Voice Call - Once in a day for sure, Quality is great
    Glympse - Just once in last 1 year, but a real good feature
    Retract - Yes,Time to Time
    Edit - Yes, Time to Time
    Quote - Always and I love it !

Looking forward to an error free BBM in ios and android so I can add more friends to it!

PassportSQW100-4/10.3.3.2205
    Loc22 likes this.
    01-28-17 04:51 PM
    You can get around that that by having more than one administrator .....
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    01-28-17 06:16 PM
    Stickers I use all the time. To the point not that regular smileys seem so small! I love the Father's Day set. Since the birth of my kids, it really comes in handy when messaging my wife!

Posted via CB10 on Z30
    01-31-17 07:17 PM
26 12