I am trying to set up from the beginning a BlackBerry PlayBook. There is a part that keeps telling me there is no default app. How do I set up one?
    01-15-17 10:40 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry forums. Could you attach a photo? It sounds like there is a major software issue (which I've never heard of), but a e need more information to successfully troubleshoot your problem, such as a screenshot or a photo, and a more thorough description of the error. Were you able to log-in to your BlackBerry account, for example?
    Anyway, are you sure buying a used PlayBook was a good choice? It's old, very old, even browsing the web will be a pain (I sold mine two years ago, as it was already useless).
    Carl Estes likes this.
    01-16-17 02:36 AM
    You should start with something a little more, shall we say, current? IF you are new to electronics/BB, then this is not the device you want to learn on. It slow, old, and has quirks to work around.

Get something with more RAM, and a faster processor and you will be happy. My 2 Playbooks gave great service over the years, but, alas, had to set them on the proverbial ice floe.

You can get a great deal on a more update device on amazon for about a hundred fifty or so....
    02-22-17 11:09 AM
    You should start with something a little more, shall we say, current? IF you are new to electronics/BB, then this is not the device you want to learn on. It slow, old, and has quirks to work around.

Get something with more RAM, and a faster processor and you will be happy. My 2 Playbooks gave great service over the years, but, alas, had to set them on the proverbial ice floe.

You can get a great deal on a more update device on amazon for about a hundred fifty or so....
    You're not wrong. Still, a Playbook is what OP has, and for some use-cases, it's still a fun device to continue to use. Video and audio playback serve as the perfect examples (I'm still blown away by the surprisingly fantastic audio quality of the Playbook!).

OP, please provide more details and we may be able to help.
    Carl Estes and dmlis like this.
    02-22-17 11:38 AM
    You're not wrong. Still, a Playbook is what OP has, and for some use-cases, it's still a fun device to continue to use. Video and audio playback serve as the perfect examples (I'm still blown away by the surprisingly fantastic audio quality of the Playbook!).

OP, please provide more details and we may be able to help.
    Oh yes, the sound was amazing out of the little tablet. Paired with the BB Music Gateway, and Neutron Player, I pumped into my JVC RX9V units and that was all that was needed.

Haven't found anything that compares to the sound of the Playbook!
    dmlis likes this.
    02-22-17 01:25 PM