https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/new...rable-product/

takes a special piece of software to beat out Adobe Flash. Stunning how many Linux related products are on that list
    01-15-17 04:52 PM
    And the risk to be being affected by any of those vulnerabilities is extremely low even without BlackBerry's monthly security updates.
    Thud Hardsmack likes this.
    01-15-17 05:13 PM
    So...No BB10 or no BB10 bugs?

Posted via CB10
    01-15-17 05:15 PM
    So...No BB10 or no BB10 bugs?

Posted via CB10
    Did anyone look?
    01-15-17 05:46 PM
    https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/new...rable-product/

takes a special piece of software to beat out Adobe Flash. Stunning how many Linux related products are on that list
    This would also happen with Blackberry if they had got more than 50% marketshare. Or maybe not, since they focus only on security which deny a bigger marketshare, since it costs alot and most users do not know what it actually is.
    01-15-17 10:49 PM
    This would also happen with Blackberry if they had got more than 50% marketshare. Or maybe not, since they focus only on security which deny a bigger marketshare, since it costs alot and most users do not know what it actually is.
    Has nothing to do with market share. Debian has a miniscule installation base . Most of the prime offenders with the exception of Android, ios, windows, and os x have very small user bases.
    01-16-17 03:08 PM
    Did anyone look?
    It was based on the top 20 with the most security vulnerabilities, so either they weren't in the top 20 or weren't test at all. I'm guessing they just didn't have enough Bugs to make the top 20...what a Marketing loss..." BlackBerry destroys iOS, Android and Windows 10". ):

Posted via CB10
    01-17-17 06:14 PM
    Blackberry vulnerability stats for 19 products since 2008: Blackberry : Products and vulnerabilities
    01-17-17 06:32 PM
    It was based on the top 20 with the most security vulnerabilities, so either they weren't in the top 20 or weren't test at all. I'm guessing they just didn't have enough Bugs to make the top 20...what a Marketing loss..." BlackBerry destroys iOS, Android and Windows 10". ):

Posted via CB10
    From marketing perspective 'security' doesn't sell

Posted via CB10
    01-17-17 06:38 PM
    Blackberry vulnerability stats for 19 products since 2008: Blackberry : Products and vulnerabilities
    So BlackBerry has 5 and Android 523 in 2016, can BlackBerry really say that BlackBerry with Android is just as safe, I think not.

Posted via CB10
    rt2567 likes this.
    01-17-17 06:42 PM
    So BlackBerry has 5 and Android 523 in 2016, can BlackBerry really say that BlackBerry with Android is just as safe, I think not.

Posted via CB10
    The most important part of safe is the user not the phone, regardless

Posted via CB10
    01-17-17 06:52 PM

Posted via CB10
    I know, I still use a Tab with Android 4.1 without any Hacking problems, Amazon,email, banking etc. .

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by DaDaDogg; 01-19-17 at 07:03 AM.
    01-17-17 07:24 PM

Posted via CB10
    Even the most well-engineered system is powerless in the face of PEBKAC.
    01-17-17 11:22 PM
    The issue is: iOS is iOS everywhere. BB10 is BB10 everywhere. But Android is NOT Android everywhere.

Android is the most popular OS that currently exists - there are more active Android devices than even Windows devices. But Android is implemented differently by several hundred (at least) different companies, many of whom have significantly different builds for their own different products - meaning there are thousands of different implementations. And updates range from "kept very current" to "never", depending on the company and product.

But few of these vulnerabilities are going to affect devices like the Galaxy S or the LG G or V-series, or the Moto phones, or the HTC Ones. Low-end/entry-level phones and phones from lesser-known brands are likely to have far more.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    01-19-17 02:00 PM
    I'm sure so was Windows for computers. Yet, people use it on millions of computers.

Posted via CB10
    bakron1 likes this.
    01-19-17 06:23 PM
    yeah I bet on it that Android will be the most valuable OS in 2017 and further on too, no matter what sweet candy name it's given... LoL

Posted via - OS-10.3.++ device, it's all you need
    01-23-17 10:38 AM
    The issue is: iOS is iOS everywhere. BB10 is BB10 everywhere. But Android is NOT Android everywhere.

Android is the most popular OS that currently exists - there are more active Android devices than even Windows devices. But Android is implemented differently by several hundred (at least) different companies, many of whom have significantly different builds for their own different products - meaning there are thousands of different implementations. And updates range from "kept very current" to "never", depending on the company and product.

But few of these vulnerabilities are going to affect devices like the Galaxy S or the LG G or V-series, or the Moto phones, or the HTC Ones. Low-end/entry-level phones and phones from lesser-known brands are likely to have far more.
    Surprises me how many devices you can buy right now with Android 5.0...... and they don't have update paths. So yeah I would not be surprised if 90% of Android users are not on the latest fully patched and updated version of Android.... With carriers added to the mix, even Flagship phones can go months without patches.

One reason Apple has trounced Android in the Enterprise market... is because of the uncertainty of updates. And OEM can hold them up, a Carrier can hold them up, and in the end you have devices that have a shorter life cycle due to a lack of updates. With Apple it's pretty clear what you will get from them....
    02-07-17 08:16 AM
    That's still a problem, yes. But with Google moving so much out of the OS itself and into apps and services that are updatable via the Play Store, it's less of a problem than it seems, I think. But it's true that it's really dependent on the OEM, and when you have lazy OEMs releasing devices with 2-year-old OS versions and not making updates, you're going to have vulnerabilities. Which, again, is one of the reasons why corporations buy Apple or flagship Android devices, but not mid-grade devices that tend to be much less well supported.
    02-07-17 10:25 AM
    I still feel Google will be better served, at this point, by instituting update standards. Easier said than done though.
    02-08-17 03:06 AM
    I still feel Google will be better served, at this point, by instituting update standards. Easier said than done though.
    They've been working towards that, but as you say, it's a lot easier said than done. Many of their customers have such tiny margins that they can't afford to do much post-sale work on their devices (mostly companies selling phones in emerging markets). Raising prices would price their products out of their markets in some cases. Google tried with the Google One program, but those manufacturers don't want ANY restrictions...
    02-09-17 01:53 PM
    And yet, I lived through 2016 just fine using an Android device.
    02-09-17 02:15 PM
    And yet, I lived through 2016 just fine using an Android device.
    Same with my Windows computers which are the highest targeted desktop OSs. Imagine that!

Posted via CB10
    02-11-17 05:42 AM
    Lol these stats are funny, vulnerabilities are everywhere, yea Linux has tons but it doesn't mean anything as all filesystems are locked by design and nothing goes on a Debian distro without root access. Of which you need to input passwords to do anything (can't install or change anything within the os filesystem without a key and root access) with those vulnerabilities. You can try exploiting them but you'd have better luck with a system based on preconfigured executables. Bottom line is some vulnerabilities are just not worth closing off. Why do you think nerds and hackers typically choose distributions based on the Linux kernel? People that truely know how they work know how to prevent any damage from a "vulnerability"

Posted Via Passport with CB10 app
    02-18-17 10:21 AM