Hello everyone,

I'm using BlackBerry Z30.
    When I'm running some android apps like Wikipedia, Pinterest etc. It takes 10 to 15 seconds to open and sometimes hang.
    There is solution to maximise the speed.

Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-17 08:00 AM
    You are dealing with a three year old phone, the has a three year old version of Android on it that is ran in a "runtime" like envorment.... only so much it can do.

I will say that doing a fresh install of the OS from time to time, does really improve performance.
    01-12-17 08:38 AM
    I don't think that the problem is due to the hardware capacity, in fact some apps that run bad in BB10 run faster in very low specs android from 4 or 5 years ago.

Moreove some light apps works slowly and some heavy apps fast.
    In my opinion it is due how the android apps were developed.

For instance older versions of sygic worked super badly and lately it is working more smooth.

You can use the developer mode, execute the app and extract the logs to pc. after analysing them, you can have more detail of the problem that the app is finding.

I found that some apps have problems with the bb10 filesystem and folders(probably because alias) so they take very long time to find files.

Posted via CB10
    06-18-17 08:42 AM
    Has the android visualization mode any impact on performance?

Does it depends of the resolution of each device?

If yes, is the long mode the most compatible with the native android?

I really think that having more technical info from BlackBerry gurus, we could find solutions or at least understand the reason of poor performance for some android apps

Posted via CB10
    06-25-17 04:15 AM
    The problem is not the hardware, but the runtime. Don't forget you have a 2gb ram phone.
    My advice is to get rid of pinterest (add a shortcut to the screen from the browser) Instagram works well in 9.8 version.
    Install Facebook lite and messenger lite instead of full versions.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-17 06:26 AM
    2gb is not so bad, we are speaking about a phone...
    IMHO if a phone needs so much ram, cores, etc.. something is wrong in the OS design.

A proper OS for a phone should be lightweight and very compatible with different specs.
    BTW there recent linuxes which are still running on 486 and 1st pentium generation.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-17 06:26 AM
    If u want run android app smoothly then install old version any nadroid app it's run great and smooth. Not so old just last of 2016 and before March 2017 version. U can get old version from some site. Like apkmirror.com, apkpure.com

Posted via CB10
    07-23-17 05:08 PM
    2gb is not so bad, we are speaking about a phone...
    IMHO if a phone needs so much ram, cores, etc.. something is wrong in the OS design.

A proper OS for a phone should be lightweight and very compatible with different specs.
    BTW there recent linuxes which are still running on 486 and 1st pentium generation.

Posted via CB10
    But, in this case, we are talking about apps that rely on a runtime that is running over another OS.

The BB10 OS itself is fine.

The android runtime that has to fake half (or more) of the system calls through the BB10 OS is the bottleneck.

Joel
    07-23-17 07:56 PM
    It is not just about the cost in performance for using the runtime and parsing to qnx/bb.

Some big apps works smoothly whereas other small apps go super badly, I think it is about how the android developers are accessing to some resources and what is going on internally.

I really would like to have the opinion of conite, cobalt or some power users. I am sure that tracing the execution of some slow/unresponsive apps(which in android doesnt eat much resources) we can find what is going wrong.

Posted via CB10
    07-26-17 09:29 AM
    Why use an android ported app if there's no need to? Wikipedia, use the one by Soluteo. Pinterest as mentioned works well from the browser.

Behold, my thumbs have spoken.
    07-26-17 11:03 AM
    BTW there is nothing bad in using android, the runtime is for that, and some android apps works superb in BB10. Furthermore the bb10 web browser is not an alternative as it is too outdated.

My classic lately is working much worse, but monitoring the system I cannot see the cause.

For example

Free mem 880MB
    Storage 1.1GB
    CPU average 12% (last 24h) (system 58%, android player 12%,whatsapp 2,4%,browser 9%,standby 5,9%....)

For me it seems ok, but the performance is much worse than months ago
    Could be related to the fragmentation of internal memory?
    temporary files?
    Too many apps installed?
    Is there any native cleaning tool?
    android ccleaner or similar?

How you clean/improve your performance?

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    08-02-17 02:29 AM