Just got this email from LinkedIn regarding the BB10 app. Apparently they will discontinue it on January 15th

LinkedIn for BB10 app end of life notification-img_20170110_141845.png

Posted via CB10
    01-10-17 08:22 AM
    Well, the app's been unable to access some of the services of LinkedIn for a while.

Guess that was a hint.

Posted via CB10
    01-10-17 08:28 AM
    Another one bites the dust.
    01-10-17 08:38 AM
    Will miss HUB notifications once downloaded Android version..

Posted via PRIV and or Passport SE
    01-10-17 09:00 AM
    Yurp... I was just going to post on that. Yurp, another one bites the dust. Next to leave will be Twitter.

LinkedIn for BB10 app end of life notification-img_20170110_145918.png

(luck I did a search first)

Posted via CB10 on PassportSQW100-4/10.3.3.2049
    01-10-17 09:01 AM
    Same...

The invites have not worked for some time. But I have started using the website and it is really good I think. Notifications via email come to the hub.

Is the Android working well for Z30?

Posted via CB10
    01-10-17 09:09 AM
    Will miss HUB notifications once downloaded Android version..

Agreed! The HUB integration rocks!

Posted via CB10
    01-10-17 09:11 AM
    Same...

The invites have not worked for some time. But I have started using the website and it is really good I think. Notifications via email come to the hub.

Is the Android working well for Z30?

Posted via CB10
    True! The notifications come via email. But in contacts linkedin contacts gain phone numbers and photographs.

Posted via CB10
    01-10-17 09:12 AM
    Agreed! The HUB integration rocks!

Posted via CB10
    Downloaded from PlayStore latest LinkedIn app and must say an improvement over current older 10OS app. Works perfectly. But yes no HUB integration.

01-10-17 09:24 AM
    Oh, right, what about contacts integrated into bb10 with the Android versions? I take it no?

Posted via CB10
    01-10-17 09:58 AM
    It hadn't been working for quite a while now. I just hope it doesn't delete my contacts once they pull the plug on January 15th...but that would be too much to hope for...but yes I got the email today also...confirming the same thing.

Boy, they are really not giving us consumers any choice...Well BlackBerry Android here I come...DTEK50 it is then...

Respect My Autoritah!
    01-10-17 02:11 PM
    Let's keep in mind that this affects ALL OS's. Including all iphones before iPhone 5 and all Android devices running anything below icecream.
    The beauty we have with 10OS the WE can run also Android apk's. We have a choice. In my Z10 over 3 yrs old installed latest LinkedIn apk from PlayStore and it works perfectly..except of course HUB notifications. So for what others means they have to NO choice switch / change devices we BB10 owners have a choice to continue using our devices. My opinion.

Vistaus likes this.
    01-10-17 02:24 PM
    Isn't the LinkedIn app actually by BlackBerry like Facebook was? It comes with the OS.

I guess, like with Facebook, it's using APIs that LinkedIn is no longer supporting, and not giving third party access to new ones anymore. Which seems strange since that means LinkedIn is treating BlackBerry the same way Facebook did.

I finally got that email too, and the way it's worded, it seems more directed at very old iOS and Android apps. But obviously includes our poor BB10 version without specifically mentioning it.

Posted via CB10
    01-10-17 02:35 PM
    It hadn't been working for quite a while now. I just hope it doesn't delete my contacts once they pull the plug on January 15th...but that would be too much to hope for...but yes I got the email today also...confirming the same thing.

Boy, they are really not giving us consumers any choice...Well BlackBerry Android here I come...DTEK50 it is then...

Respect My Autoritah!
    Sure, go to Android for LinkedIn. 'Cause it's not like they're not going to discontinue that version or anything. I mean: it's not like Microsoft bought LinkedIn and announced they were going to deprecate the platform in the long run to integrate it into Outlook.com and their other cloud services.
    Oh wait...

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  Passport (OG Red)
    01-10-17 11:56 PM
    Downloaded from PlayStore latest LinkedIn app and must say an improvement over current older 10OS app. Works perfectly. But yes no HUB integration.

That's good to hear. I had the same scare earlier on windows phone.

Sent from mTalk on 950XL
    01-11-17 12:13 AM
    Well, the app's been unable to access some of the services of LinkedIn for a while.

Guess that was a hint.
    The app was virtually useless for sometime now. Even notifications were very slow. I starting using a shortcut to the website and it works fine, except for no hub notifications.
    01-11-17 01:42 PM
    Sure, go to Android for LinkedIn. 'Cause it's not like they're not going to discontinue that version or anything. I mean: it's not like Microsoft bought LinkedIn and announced they were going to deprecate the platform in the long run to integrate it into Outlook.com and their other cloud services.
    Oh wait...

Thanks for the heartfelt answer and making it sound as if moving to Android is a huge mistake and somekind of a betrayal....but anyways. LinkedIn is hardly the reason I have to consider moving to a BlackBerry Android phone. There are plenty others which I neither want to or are inclined to list.

I love BB10 and my BlackBerry Leap and the Z10 before it, and the Curve 9360 be for that as well as the PlayBook , have been excellent devices that served me well...

Ta...

Respect My Autoritah!
    01-13-17 12:39 AM
    Well, I've since terminated my LinkedIn account. I didn't find it that useful anyway, and now with the lack of a BlackBerry 10 version, I can't see reason to stay.

I'll do the same once Twitter goes from BB10.

01-17-17 11:53 AM
    As time goes on, I am finding that the website versions of many platforms are just better than the "app" versions and they have the added benefit of never needing to be updated on my phone. I dropped the LinkedIn app almost a year ago and haven't looked back.
    01-17-17 12:16 PM
    Thanks for the heartfelt answer and making it sound as if moving to Android is a huge mistake and somekind of a betrayal....but anyways. LinkedIn is hardly the reason I have to consider moving to a BlackBerry Android phone. There are plenty others which I neither want to or are inclined to list.

I love BB10 and my BlackBerry Leap and the Z10 before it, and the Curve 9360 be for that as well as the PlayBook , have been excellent devices that served me well...

Ta...

Respect My Autoritah!
    Who said anything about betrayal? I just said that LinkedIn is also *planning* to EOL their Android 'cause MS is gonna merge into their own services. That's why moving to Android just for LinkedIn is useless. But if you have other reasons, then who am I to judge? No one's betraying IMHO (except the ones who pushed BlackBerry to start deprecating BB10).

01-17-17 03:48 PM
    LinkedIn Android app works perfectly on my Passport..besides the HUB notifications.. it is actually better app than the outdated 10OS app.

Posted via CB10
    01-17-17 03:58 PM
    I noticed they just changed the Web access. It looks really good and seems to work well. Still, as I look through my contacts and see all those LinkedIn photos, I will miss not having the app tied into the OS.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-17 10:27 AM
    Yurp... I was just going to post on that. Yurp, another one bites the dust. Next to leave will be Twitter.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170110_145918.png 
Views:	253 
Size:	237.7 KB 
ID:	415578

(luck I did a search first)

Wait, what? Twitter too? Any announcements about that?

 Z30/STA100-5/OS v.10.3.3.2163
    01-19-17 10:50 AM
    Wait, what? Twitter too? Any announcements about that?

 Z30/STA100-5/OS v.10.3.3.2163
    No.. twitter has not gone.... YET!

01-19-17 12:57 PM
    No.. twitter has not gone.... YET!

On the contrary: last year they had a big update for their old BBOS7 client, despite BBOS7 being even more EOL than BB10! So there's a big chance Twitter will keep supporting BB10 for a long, long time.

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  Passport (OG Red) <3
    01-19-17 03:50 PM
41 12