Hey friends,

some news/rumors to OS10:

Blackberry officially stated there are no plans for new OS10 devices:

BlackBerry confirms no new BlackBerry 10 devices planned

This to "full commitment"...

What do you say?

Posted via CB10
    01-04-17 03:33 PM
    Stating the obvious. However, I expect a clarification blog post is being worked up or some sort of 'official' announcement lol. As we know from the past, comments from one person can be taken out of context, even when coming from higher ups.

*cough* BBM servers being moved to Indonesia *cough*.
    01-04-17 03:38 PM
    Yeah it already been posted.... Need some others that were at that "briefing" to expound upon this announcement.

Who said it?
    What were the exact words said?

Kinda surprised to hear that "officially". Even though unofficially it's been implement for almost two years now.
    01-04-17 03:40 PM
    Hey friends,

some news/rumors to OS10:

Blackberry officially stated there are no plans for new OS10 devices:

BlackBerry confirms no new BlackBerry 10 devices planned

This to "full commitment"...

What do you say?

Posted via CB10
    I hate Chen for that what he has done with BlackBerry.

#soon, later, later this year, fiscal year, commitment,...blablabla ~J.BlaBla Chen
    kunz1925shooter likes this.
    01-04-17 03:45 PM
    Who said it?
    What were the exact words said?
    Exactly. If you ask TCL, they're gonna say no BB10 devices. If you ask BlackBerry, they might give you a different comment.
    01-04-17 03:45 PM

#soon, later, later this year, fiscal year, commitment,...blablabla ~J.BlaBla Chen
    What saved the company? Kept the BlackBerry name and PKB form factor alive?

I know many here expected Chen to save the hardware company and return it to the greatness of many, many years ago. Not sure Chen ever had a plan to do that, as it was WAY too late in the Fall of 2013 to accomplish that. If would have required the support of 3rd party developers, and by that time most had written off BlackBerry.... and anyone without several 100 million users.
    BigBadWulf, TGR1 and mscloutier like this.
    01-04-17 03:52 PM
    Exactly. If you ask TCL, they're gonna say no BB10 devices. If you ask BlackBerry, they might give you a different comment.
    If you have different infos about that - I'd really pleased & thankful if you would share it.

But at this time (posted link) - I can't see why that wouldn't be true.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-17 03:54 PM
    If you have different infos about that - I'd really pleased & thankful if you would share it.

But at this time (posted link) - I can't see why that wouldn't be true.

Posted via CB10
    Officially it's not in BlackBerry's best interest to announce an "END" to BB10 - they still have products to sell and enterprise customers to service. Too be honest I would not expect to see an "official" EOL notice on BB10 for a long time yet.... but I'm wrong all the time.

But there is little doubt they have internally "ended" BB10, and someone speaking at a TCL launch event might have overstepped what they could say about it.. without the quote and context, maybe they were speaking only in relation to the TCL Licensing deal?
    01-04-17 04:00 PM
    Officially it's not in BlackBerry's best interest to announce an "END" to BB10 - they still have products to sell and enterprise customers to service. Too be honest I would not expect to see an "official" EOL notice on BB10 for a long time yet.... but I'm wrong all the time.

But there is little doubt they have internally "ended" BB10, and someone speaking at a TCL launch event might have overstepped what they could say about it.. without the quote and context, maybe they were speaking only in relation to the TCL Licensing deal?
    That might be true.
    But the thing here is - how will they attract developers for this platform anymore?
    I'm sure applications will fade away with "no future" for hardware in sight.

The "WhatsApp-Story" surely is just the beginning. I don't see any reason why developers would invest time and money anymore.

@Bla1ze : So whats up with a new Crackberry app for OS10?

Posted via CB10
    01-04-17 04:05 PM

They can do what HP did: EPP liquidation.
    01-04-17 04:15 PM
    But the thing here is - how will they attract developers for this platform anymore?
    Have you looked at BlackBerry's development platform lately? There's next to zero BlackBerry 10 involvement. The tools haven't been updated in forever. The time to attract developers to BB10 is over, BlackBerry knows that well.
    01-04-17 04:17 PM
    That might be true.
    The same way they've been doing it for the past few years.

Oh, that's right... there are essentially no developers now.

BlackBerry gave up trying to attract developers for some time. So it will basically be "stay the course".

Posted via CB10
    Slash82 likes this.
    01-04-17 04:20 PM
    Captain Obvious says no shi+. It's been over 2 yrs since they made a new device.

RedBerry Passport / 10.3.3.2163 / Telus
    Kot Prada likes this.
    01-04-17 04:23 PM
    Have you looked at BlackBerry's development platform lately? There's next to zero BlackBerry 10 involvement. The tools haven't been updated in forever. The time to attract developers to BB10 is over, BlackBerry knows that well.
    That's so sad.
    Also no Android runtime update in sight - to give existing users some more freedom.

So, I don't see any reason why that article would be a "lie" or misinformation... :/

Posted via CB10
    01-04-17 04:24 PM
    Captain Obvious says no shi+. It's been over 2 yrs since they made a new device.

RedBerry Passport / 10.3.3.2163 / Telus
    True dat.
    So they should stop dancing around with their "fully committed" song.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-17 04:25 PM
    The same way they've been doing it for the past few years.

Oh, that's right... there are essentially no developers now.

BlackBerry gave up trying to attract developers for some time. So it will basically be "stay the course".

Posted via CB10
    Absolutely!
    A great course would be at least to keep existing developers..

Posted via CB10
    01-04-17 04:26 PM

What did Chen do. Your hate would be better placed at the feet of Jim and Mike. BB10 was a lost cause when it was released, to late and a not ready. Chen's mistake was not killing it sooner.
    01-04-17 04:33 PM
    So, I don't see any reason why that article would be a "lie" or misinformation... :/
    I don't either as I said, it was stating the obvious anyway. However, without any attribution, the info just kinda exists like it has for months now lol. Until they put out a straight up notice or genuinely EOL it like they have so many other products, it's just lingering info. I wish they would serve a real notice.
    Slash82 likes this.
    01-04-17 04:35 PM
    I don't either as I said, it was stating the obvious anyway. However, without any attribution, the info just kinda exists like it has for months now lol. Until they put out a straight up notice or genuinely EOL it like they have so many other products, it's just lingering info. I wish they would serve a real notice.
    My personal opinion is that BlackBerry just uses OS10 for some kind of marketing purposes - to tell everyone:
    "We have that untouchable secure OS that delivers military, government, bank & bla, bla security standards".

As long as Google is behind Android - it's out of BlackBerry's control to deliver that level of security and more important: privacy!
    Even BlackBerry can't tell if Google has access to all sensitive information / emails on that device!
    From that point of view it's questionable if Android-Berry is the right choice for Enterprises.

And no new OS10 hardware really means it's dead - not officially, but yeah not alive.
    That kills all hopes for it's future!
    I'm mean, OS10 devices are still great, but they are on the same (chip) level as the Samsung Galaxy S3... I mean...

Posted via CB10
    01-04-17 04:50 PM
    As if Blend going EOL wasn't a big enough sign, like you know, the one that most here say they "can't live without".
    01-04-17 04:56 PM
    BlackBerry10 is(!) dead!-img_20170105_093459.png

As usual lol

Posted via CB10
    01-04-17 07:35 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170105_093459.png 
Views:	1989 
Size:	157.3 KB 
ID:	415349

As usual lol

Posted via CB10
    ......so you're telling me there's still a chance....... lol
    southlander likes this.
    01-04-17 07:53 PM

As usual lol

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry10 is(!) dead!-tumblr_o34x9r0lhl1v0lf1io1_500.jpg
    Uzi likes this.
    01-04-17 09:36 PM

As usual lol

Posted via CB10
    Well they can't send the official message out... at least not until they offload all those unsold Leaps and Passports.
    Slash82 and pgg101 like this.
    01-04-17 11:03 PM
    Every developer knows how the development of BB10 OS instantly slowed down right after Mr. Chen came to BBRY. There were huge development plans and far-reaching roadmaps even just a month before that, but since he came it was just to finish the (already in the works at that time) 10.3 / 10.3.1 release and then only maintain it with small updates. Also, since Mr. Chen arrived there were actually no truly new BB10 phones designed from scratch, not a single one. The Passport was already in the works before he came, so he just allowed to finish and release it. The Passport SE was just a rehoused Passport. The Leap was mostly a rehoused Z10 with bigger screen and battery. And so on. All models except for the Passport got stuck forever with the dual-core 1.5 GHz Snapdragon from AD 2012.

Let's face it: he must have come to BBRY with a mission to convert it to Android since day one, if right from the start he did what he did to BB10 OS development and suppressed any hardware upgrades.

Remind yourselves how in just 2013 alone the OS progressed from 10.0 to 10.1 to 10.2 to 10.2.1, and 10.3 was already in the works, and how then it just died (it took ~3 years to progress from 10.3.1 to 10.3.3)

And let's not forget that he came already in November 2013, while the first BB10 phone, the Z10, came out only in the beginning of 2013. So the platform did not have even just ONE YEAR to spread its wings before it got suppressed.

Sad but true.

Stephen Elop's twin, just more smart and cunning.
    Last edited by BurningPlatform; 01-05-17 at 12:15 AM.
    Avenzuno, Uzi, stlabrat and 2 others like this.
    01-05-17 12:04 AM
409 123 ...