Well, long live my poor little abandoned tablet. I'll love you till the end of time. Anyone still rocking Playbook and if yes, what do you use it for? Mine:
    1. Facebooking via Facebook Lite
    2. Watching Youtube with Tubemate
    3. Streaming music with Zing MP3
    4. Watching e-sports replay
    5. Reading word and pdf document

Celeberating the 5th birthday of my Playbook-img_20170104_171934.jpg
    Celeberating the 5th birthday of my Playbook-img_20170104_172002.jpg

Posted via CB10
    dmlis likes this.
    01-04-17 04:27 AM
    Yep still using mine for:
    Maintaining Excel spreadsheets
    Storing pdf docs
    Listening to music via bluetooth headphones
    Playing old PC Dos games using DosBox
    Youtube via Oragami browser
    BBC iplayer - sometimes connected to TV with HDMI cable

Miss it bridged to my 9810 as I have a Priv now, but I do miss that functionality.
    01-04-17 05:06 AM
    my Playbook is five years old and still going, used mainly as Audio/Video player,
    01-04-17 08:40 AM
    Ereader, torrent freak, weather status, Oregami to check various threads I'm involved with, MP4 storage and the all important Stereo Tube.

Use it every day and even take it with me when I go out of town. Good old HDMI cable...
    01-04-17 01:01 PM
    I still use mine regularly. I use bridge to stream movies from my passport to my PlayBook connected to my TV. Works great.

I was also pleasantly surprised to see that just recently the ScummVM app was actually added to the PlayBook's BlackBerry World. I know the PlayBook version has been around a long time but it had to be sideloaded. Cool to see new stuff added to the PlayBook app store.

So I've been using it also lately to play Kings Quest 6 and Day Of The Tentacle.

Posted via CB10
    01-04-17 01:15 PM
    I recently had to travel a long distance (15hrs and three flights) and dusted off the old Playbook for an entertainment device. While I had never previously downloaded videos, it was truly a breeze. I was able to load five movies and gave me about seven hours of entertainment. While others were staring off into space, I was able to pass the time quite well.

Once at my destination, I was able to view the news and other favorite sites and email over wifi. Again, all very simple, straightforward and FREE ! One issue I did have was some sites are "gating" the Playbook browser by mandating an update which won't load. This was especially true of Youtube. I tried two other browsers, including Oregami without success. Several other sites either rendered badly or denied access, so I suspect more of the internet will be closed off to the Playbook as time goes by.

I bought my Playbook for $130 and so I feel I got good value from it but with the browser being gradually closed off, I will be able to use it less and less. Too bad we can't get a generic browser to run that is current with the current security and other internet standards.
    dmlis likes this.
    01-04-17 01:21 PM
    Since my ISP gave me a boost from 5mb to 50mb unlimited service, the Playbook browser is much quicker. Also I am installing many .BAR files for extra functionality on my 64gig PB with Bluetooth Mini KB with Convertible Case + Mini Bluetooth Speaker. I had a 16gig PB but in 2015 was able to acquire this new setup for the retail cost of the speaker itself. For me the PB is the ultimate utility for common functions (eg: email, weather, banking, internet research, audio, video). The BT KB makes my PB a mini-laptop. The 16gig PB is my portable unit. Also just gaining a new appreciation for the quality of the screen, so clear, gorgeous colour ( have the brightness setting at 25% for optimum clarity). The PB is quite simply a great tablet IMHO.
    Bertie Bear likes this.
    01-07-17 06:28 AM
    Haha... I'm also in the 5th year of owning the playbook. I transfer few movies this week just to keep it functional. Wish the default browser meets modern security and load without issue. Otherwise i think this tab will last for a year or so just for playing games or read pdf's, emails
    01-07-17 08:50 AM
    Music - Neutron and Stereo Tube.
    Emails - native client.
    Videos while travelling - native app. HDMI cable is always in mine backpack to connect PB to hotel's TV.
    Documents - spreadsheets look better than on my (otherwise wonderful) Passport SE.
    Some reading, mostly PDFs.

And occasional video recordings. Especially if you need good sound. Many thanks to this video blogger who shared his Playbook videos earlier somewhere in this forum.

Bertie Bear likes this.
    01-15-17 12:09 PM
    Mine will be 5 years old in March. Still rocking and using the browser, checking weather, playing some mindless games. Gonna use it until it dies.

Posted via CB10
    01-16-17 09:38 AM
    Loaded up a variety of music that sounds great on the PlayBook for what it is. Another PlayBook has been relegated to quiet-time surfing. The browser is not as snappy as modern electronics but then the last update was so so long ago

The PlayBook bridged to the Q10 are so retro that its neat when someone wants to know whats the connection and what outworldly place sells them.
    01-16-17 05:31 PM
    I have 3 of them, one is hooked up permanently to my TV and I just watch movies. The other two my kids use in the car for games and movies. Use them till they die

Posted using my Awesome BlackBerry Z30
    02-01-17 04:16 PM
    Happy Anniversary. I only have 2 left, 32 and 64gb. My 64gb is used on a nightly basis for watching downloaded tv shows and movies, plus, I enjoy playing a few games like slots, 5 card stud, solitaire. I also use email alot, web browsing (if I really have too) and get updates on local weather. I also have 3 playbook covers, 10 playbook rapid chargers + 2 magnetic chargers, one charging pod and one authentic BlackBerry bluetooth keyboard and case

Blackberry Passport and Blue Classic
    02-01-17 04:23 PM
    Yup,

It's is working very well. Stereo tube is my fav app.

Posted via CB10
    02-04-17 10:40 AM
    i'm still using this bad@ss tablet for presentation to my clients,
    it's funny to see some of my client's faces, for knowing the Blackberry once ever release a tablet...
    they even don't know about this device.

i can plug in to projector with HDMI adapter, grab thing directly some file on my PCs in my office (in same LAN group), streaming video stored on NAS, i even can remote my PCs, trough playbook smoothly, sometime i made cruel messing my office matte's PCs for remoting their PCs just using this tablet.

Fun but absolutely dissappointed with blackberry, for throw this tablet out from their roadmap.

now it's just LEGACY some of nice devices that BB ever made.
    dmlis and forrestishmael like this.
    02-14-17 10:54 PM
    Still use it almost everyday doing everything I did in 2012 minus banking because the browser security flaw has not been fixed.
    Music playing
    Live TV watching in the native browser which still works beatifully and I often connect through HDMI to big screen tv
    Reading books on kobo.
    Some email.
    Some text editing, although for email and text editing my Passport is much better.

Posted via CB10
    02-18-17 09:39 AM
    Happy Anniversary. I only have 2 left, 32 and 64gb. My 64gb is used on a nightly basis for watching downloaded tv shows and movies, plus, I enjoy playing a few games like slots, 5 card stud, solitaire. I also use email alot, web browsing (if I really have too) and get updates on local weather. I also have 3 playbook covers, 10 playbook rapid chargers + 2 magnetic chargers, one charging pod and one authentic BlackBerry bluetooth keyboard and case

Blackberry Passport and Blue Classic
    By rapid charger do you mean the charger sold with the playbook that has the orange micro usb connection?

If so are you willing to sell some as I've tried several websites and they have sold me what seem to be counterfeit replicas.
    02-18-17 04:11 PM
    By rapid charger do you mean the charger sold with the playbook that has the orange micro usb connection?

If so are you willing to sell some as I've tried several websites and they have sold me what seem to be counterfeit replicas.
    I was led to believe that the original playbook rapid chargers are all black. I believe the ones with orange are knock offs and not the original authentic ones. Unless of course they are original for another Country like USA. Perhaps someone in the know can chime in. I only have all black ones and sorry I do not have any orange ones.
    02-18-17 11:19 PM
    I finally got a brand new playbook this year, never had one and always wanted it ever since I saw it. Still a BlackBerry user, I was using a q5 but I also upgraded to the passport. Even though bbm is dead, i'm still really happy about the BlackBerry bridge feature! I'm behind the times I guess, but I love my playbook! The great thing was being able to get a brand new one, even though they don't make any more units. I think it's great that it didn't sell, because I'll probably get a few more *brand new* playbook because soon they will all be gone and become relics from a time when tablets were simple and had a very general application. I use it every day and I'm hoping it will last me 5 years!

Posted via CB10
    04-03-17 07:09 PM
    Funny, today's my PlayBook's 5th birthday too. I don't know why I did it, but it came up on my Passport SE calendar this morning. Used it last night to browse some chat forums. Still going strong.

I guess I posted earlier in this thread. LOL.

Posted via CB10
    dmlis likes this.
    04-19-17 12:03 PM
    Congratulations on completing 5 years!!

Posted via CB10
    05-07-17 02:08 AM
    I still use mine to Bluetooth music to my stereo, read the news, & play games

Posted via CB10
    05-07-17 09:49 PM
    Hope there's many more years to come. I use mine every day and absolutely love the experience.
    ratfinkstooley and dmlis like this.
    05-08-17 07:54 PM