As the title says, I get extremely slow downloads via wifi.

Here's me downloading a small game:

Is this normal on the 9320?? As it stands, I couldn't make this my main phone because of this issue.

Thanks!
    12-30-16 07:48 PM
    Are you using WiFi from your own router or riding a free one?
    If your riding free, GET OFF IT IMMEDIATELY! (no security)
    If it's your router, go into the routers set up (usually 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.1.0)
    Of course it's not going to be any faster than your bandwidth is now.

At anyrate, you should never download large files OTA. The slightest glitch will corrupt a file and you've got a corrupt OS

I'm not sure which OS you're downloading but if you doodle it you'll find many free downloads. Try "Blackberry 9320 OS download"
    Anyway, Back up your device and download the OS file to your home computer. install with a USB cable.

You can download from any Carrier. Just remember you have to delete the vendor .xml files.The first is located in:
    c : program files>common files> research in motion>apploader to install it on a different carrier device. As well as:
    C:\Users\YOUR_USER\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML (where "YOUR_USER is your username) for the second vendor .XML file

Oh, well, I see you're trying to download a game of some sort. Download through your carriers mobile network. Or download to your computer and transfer to your device with a USB cable.
    Or upgrade your Bandwidth speed with your internet provider.
    Last edited by Lostboy5151; 12-31-16 at 12:36 AM.
    12-31-16 12:25 AM
    My internet is 20mb down and 10mb up. My iPhone is blazing fast.

It's my own router.

This is purely an issue with this phone. I'll look at trying to reinstall the OS.

Cheers
    12-31-16 04:16 AM
    I re-installed the o2 version of BB7 (latest version) and the download speed is exactly the same via wifi. Very, very strange. Maybe the phone's wifi antenna just isn't good enough for today's speeds. My iPhone is connected to the same router and pulls down 3mb per second. So a 9mb app would be down in 3 seconds. On my Blackberry 9320, a 9mb app would literally take 3-5 mins. I might just have to get rid of it. Shame really because I regularly download files for work and like to dabble in what apps are available.
    12-31-16 02:31 PM