Hey all. In the past couple of hours, my device has disconnected about 3 or 4 times from AT&T's network. So I go into Manage Connections and reconnect. Has anyone had a similar issue? Do you think it's something to be worried about?

Thanks!
    Last edited by skyjackal; 12-05-08 at 06:52 PM.
    12-05-08 06:48 PM
    Never had that issue. I haven't used .185 though, .190 and .194.
    12-05-08 06:57 PM
    Never had that issue. I haven't used .185 though, .190 and .194.
    How's .194 going for you?
    12-05-08 06:58 PM
    Seems fine, can't tell any difference from .190 so far really (.190 was stable for me).
    12-05-08 07:00 PM
    I am on .167, and have had a lot of dropped calls due to the 3g to Edge switch. I can't wait for At&t to come out with an Os upgrade.
    12-05-08 07:12 PM
    Not had that issue (yet), but today my SMS msgs were really slow to send, or simply gor red X'd and didn't go through at all.

Same here CMEC!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-05-08 07:24 PM
    Hey all. In the past couple of hours, my device has disconnected about 3 or 4 times from AT&T's network. So I go into Manage Connections and reconnect. Has anyone had a similar issue? Do you think it's something to be worried about?

Thanks!
    If you're up to it, I'd try upgrading to .194, since .190 supposedly fixed a lot of people's issues that were network related (3g/EDGE switching frequency for example).
    12-05-08 07:29 PM
    i had issues tonight too, wasn't getting any emails and web browsing wasn't working. all seems fine now, though
    12-05-08 08:06 PM
    It is a network related issue and it is not isolated to the bold. For those of you who haven't expecienced you problably did not notice. I have only noticed a couple of times. This info in comes from someone who works in ATT conectivity she explained that only the bold and iphone 3g go into SOS and all other 3g divices continue to work on edge, it has to do with the maintenance to their towers and it will continue to happen for some more time. The longest outage was in florida and parts georgia on Nov 28th from 2am to 10:00 or so in the morning. Upgrading your OS does not fix it, I was on 185 last time noticed. On the other hand - recomend upgrading for the improved speed on the brosser

12-05-08 08:49 PM

Thanks!
    Mine disconnected about 4 or 5 times today, not sure why, i wanna say it was around 3ish oclock EST time. Are you in NY?
    12-05-08 10:40 PM
    Not had that issue (yet), but today my SMS msgs were really slow to send, or simply gor red X'd and didn't go through at all.

Same here CMEC!!

Hi ItsBets. Wow!

Yeah, I hate those Xs.
    12-06-08 01:45 AM
    Mine disconnected about 4 or 5 times today, not sure why, i wanna say it was around 3ish oclock EST time. Are you in NY?
    No, west coast but that was about the same time it happened to me. Hmmm.
    12-06-08 01:47 AM
    It is a network related issue and it is not isolated to the bold. For those of you who haven't expecienced you problably did not notice. I have only noticed a couple of times. This info in comes from someone who works in ATT conectivity she explained that only the bold and iphone 3g go into SOS and all other 3g divices continue to work on edge, it has to do with the maintenance to their towers and it will continue to happen for some more time. The longest outage was in florida and parts georgia on Nov 28th from 2am to 10:00 or so in the morning. Upgrading your OS does not fix it, I was on 185 last time noticed. On the other hand - recomend upgrading for the improved speed on the brosser

jmbeL: thanks for the expanation above. Interesting.
    12-06-08 01:48 AM
    I noticed it too - just had the stupid sos thing. about 630pm & im in Socal
    12-06-08 01:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD