I currently use a AT&T Passport and almost got a Classic before getting my passport. I love the way the Passport makes typing seamless between touch and physical keyboard, but I still preferred the Q10 four rows over the three. Also the lack of cases (something like an Otterbox) makes it a bit worrying carrying around my Passport in my industrial career. I've grown fond of the touch sensitive keyboard and would really miss this feature. I don't care about what's new and "hip" because I prefer what's practical but is it worth going to the Classic after months with the Passport?

Posted via CB10
    12-27-16 08:30 AM
    It's a personal preference thing...

Some love the Classic's form factor over the Passport. But many Passport lovers prefer the power and looks of the Passport over the older Classic.

Finding a Classic with a warranty is what's hard these days.
    12-27-16 09:15 AM
    I've had both, and currently on the classic. Tbh you will miss the extra speed, screen size and touch pad on the passport. I really like my classic if your primary use is that of a "phone" (the tool belt is great) but I'm on the look out for another passport. I'd stay with the passport if I were you.
    Or buy a classic and keep one as a backup device
    12-27-16 10:42 AM
    Maybe it's worth it if you can find a cheap, used Classic in the classifieds for a hundred bucks.
    Try out the phone for a bit and if you don't like it, re-sell it.

Since you're a fan of the touch capacitive keyboard, do some research about the BlackBerry Mercury. Nothing official has been announced yet, but I believe the phone will have their touch capacitive technology.

Posted via CB10
    12-27-16 11:02 AM
    I have had two regular Passports and now a Silver Edition Passport, but use my blue Classic a lot too. The downside is the battery life, but that's really about it. I don't run any android apps or anything, just calling and texting and emails on my Classic, and I mean it never dies or anything, but the Passport does have a bigger battery, so it's to be expected.

Posted via CB10
    12-27-16 12:48 PM
    The classic is a great device and form factor is really good but currently it just sits in my drawer as a backup device. Currently, Passport OG is what I use and I love it. Screen real estate, keyboard, battery, etc. Is much better then classic obviously.

Posted via CB10
    01-03-17 10:29 PM
    I use both. Depends on my mood.

Posted via CB10
    01-06-17 09:47 PM
    I have the ATT Passport and the Classic. Both great phones and completely different. Some days I'm feeling classic, other days Passport. I also recently got the passport SE and it's hands down the best blackberry ever made.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-17 06:19 AM
    Purchased the Verizon Priv when it came out and its a good phone. Could never discipline myself to use the slide-out keyboard as the VKB is very efficient. Just went old school with a Classic and the full size keyboard. Setup the Google Play Store with Cobalts programming. Using the Classic for business and also carry the Priv for online reading. Like the size of the Classic as you can carry it in your pocket comfortably whereas the Priv is a bit bulky. Great combination. Previously I used 2 Samsung phones and they are good units also, but nice to be back in the Blackberry family again.
    01-07-17 07:27 PM
    I use the AT&T Passport and have had the Classic. You'll be disappointed by the speed of the Classic. It's sloooooow in comparison.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-17 07:59 PM
    I have both the classic and the passport. The passport sat on the shelf and the classic was in my pocket. IMO the classic is the better of the two when it comes to daily usability. The toolbelt, 4 row keyboard and smaller size make it more convenient.

I currently use the priv but miss the classic.
    01-08-17 02:15 PM
    It's a personal preference thing...

Some love the Classic's form factor over the Passport. But many Passport lovers prefer the power and looks of the Passport over the older Classic.

Finding a Classic with a warranty is what's hard these days.
    Uh the Classic is actually newer than the Passport. The Classic came out after the Passport.
    01-11-17 05:28 AM
    The Classic is my go to device. I love the form factor!

Posted via CB10
    01-11-17 05:30 AM
    Uh the Classic is actually newer than the Passport. The Classic came out after the Passport.
    Might be newer based on release date. But it's based on the same hardware found in the Q10.... hardware wise it's a downgrade. Only advantage the Classic has over the Passport is the size, at least for some people.
    01-11-17 07:30 AM
    Might be newer based on release date. But it's based on the same hardware found in the Q10.... hardware wise it's a downgrade. Only advantage the Classic has over the Passport is the size, at least for some people.
    01-11-17 07:30 AM
    I wouldn't completely trade the Passport for the Classic but I have both (Passport first) and the Classic is the device that goes everywhere with me. The Passport is great and almost better than the Classic in every way... but as you said, the size and having the Otterbox for it put some wins in favor of the Classic. This little thing in the Otterbox feels like the combo that Batman would carry around with him when he's fighting crime. The Passport stays mostly in the batcave.
    01-11-17 07:44 AM
    It comes down to your personal use and preference. For work, the battery life and power are trumped by how easily the Classic can be managed and negotiated using one hand. i will gladly mind the battery level more attentively than need two hands to use my device.
    Trackpad easily trumps capacitive keyboard when it comes to usefulness.
    01-11-17 07:54 AM
    The size, toolbelt and 4th row keyboard.
    01-11-17 09:56 AM
    It's hard to beat the form factor of the classic in my opinion and the keyboard is one of the best I've used. However, it is a bit sluggish compared to my passport so it kind of depends on your usage.

I carry my classic with me more frequently as I've kind of gotten away from the larger phones.

Posted via CB10
    01-18-17 04:53 PM