Any word on the update for AT&T owners or has this carrier totally wrote off Blackberry.

Posted via CB10
    12-26-16 04:25 PM
    So far no carrier is interested in 10.3.3, not even the Canadian ones (which are usually the first to update). I'm guessing the first two releases (2049 and 2163) were either not up to snuff, or the carriers just don't care.
    12-26-16 04:27 PM
    Verizon is pushing OTA updates for 10.3.3, so perhaps there is hope.

Posted via CB10
    02-10-17 08:38 AM
    Just got prompted for 10.3.3.1463 for my AT&T Passport.
    03-13-17 08:55 PM
    Just got prompted for 10.3.3.1463 for my AT&T Passport.
    interesting. I just checked on my Z10 for the OTA and on Link, and it didn't come up yet.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    Last edited by bb10adopter111; 03-15-17 at 02:24 PM.
    03-15-17 10:55 AM
    Given the concerns about 10.3.3, I'm waiting to update.

03-16-17 12:57 PM
    So I went ahead and did the update (when it was pushed out) I currently have the at&t passport and love it! As soon as the update finished I started having issues. First any time I would go into the HUB it would flash or flicker. Not every time but enough through the day it was frustrating!!! Then I started losing cell reception, it would drop off and go to Emergency calls only mode. And gradually got worse to the point I no longer get service at all. I have reset and removed Sims card a number of times with no success!!
    After researching it I was forced to use my insurance through at&t, this comes with good and bad news it was only a $112.00 for my deductible giving me a new phone for that price I was happy. Down side is the passport is no longer available and was forced to replace mine with the PRIV. Guess I will see how I like it.
    Just a FYI to any that have not yet did the update

Posted via CB10
    03-17-17 03:23 PM
    So I went ahead and did the update (when it was pushed out) I currently have the at&t passport and love it! As soon as the update finished I started having issues. First any time I would go into the HUB it would flash or flicker. Not every time but enough through the day it was frustrating!!! Then I started losing cell reception, it would drop off and go to Emergency calls only mode. And gradually got worse to the point I no longer get service at all. I have reset and removed Sims card a number of times with no success!!
    After researching it I was forced to use my insurance through at&t, this comes with good and bad news it was only a $112.00 for my deductible giving me a new phone for that price I was happy. Down side is the passport is no longer available and was forced to replace mine with the PRIV. Guess I will see how I like it.
    Just a FYI to any that have not yet did the update

Posted via CB10
    I'm sorry that this may be too late for you, but the CrackBerry article reported that,

'The above mentioned issues, and other related issues may be a result of the filesystem migration that can occur for up to 24 hours after the OS update." and that while the situation is under investigation, no resolution is currently available. They do however suggest that no user action should be taken for a period of 24 hours after the update, allowing it time to settle in. If after those 24 hours issues remain, a reload of the software is recommended.

03-17-17 05:01 PM
    Thanks for the response, any idea on how to reload the software
    03-21-17 10:36 AM
    That information is on Blackberry's website. I only use OTA updates, so I can do it with BlackBerry Link easily.

03-21-17 10:59 AM
    Thank you
    03-21-17 10:15 PM
    My BlackBerry Classic is doing the same thing. Battery life drains like crazy. My phone used to last at least a day in a half to 2 days depending on how I used it. Now I'm lucky to make it through a day. The HUB flickering is getting annoying. Seems to do it after I delete messages and when someone texted me yesterday, the hub got stuck and sounded off my text tone for about 3 minutes.

Posted via CB10
    03-22-17 05:29 AM
    Sorry to hear about problems. Will report that I upgraded my AT&T Passport and wife's Classic last week using the OTA downloads with no trouble experienced whatsoever. Both phones nice and zippy with no flickers, double type, or decreased battery life.

Not sure if this might make a difference, but both phones were reasonably fresh with their 10.3.2.858 installs, dating from just last September. The Classic was wiped and reinstalled at that point, while the Passport was a new phone at the time.

I also have a spare AT&T Passport still on the older OS that I've been planning to wipe first before updating. At least based on experience so far, I have no reason to think this won't go successfully.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-17 10:15 PM
    Just got the update notification on my Z10 (locked to AT&T). It looks like the same version of 10.3.3 that has been causing the problems for some users.

Just to be safe, I am archiving the data (not the apps) on my phone to Outlook, text files, etc., then I will perform a security wipe prior to installing the 10.3.3 update. That way, my phone should be very clean with minimal complexity for the update and all my data will available for import into any other phone or database should something go wrong.

04-03-17 02:12 PM
    Well, that was uneventful.

I updated my Z10 STL3 to 10.3.3 via the OTA AT&T update.

All is well, and Link still works for backups and other functions, fwiw.

04-11-17 01:10 PM
    Given the concerns about 10.3.3, I'm waiting to update.

I should have done the same. Its been an absolute nightmare since I performed the last AT&T update. Its like carrying a brick around. Slow, non responsive , hangs often.
    08-08-17 07:47 AM
    What I really don't understand is how some people in various parts of the country got 10.3.3 OTA nearly a year ago yet big goose egg here!

Just my $.02, YMMV ! ;-) sent via my Q10
    12-18-17 06:32 AM
    If you really need the update, last resort is an autoloader.
    12-18-17 06:58 AM