Can anyone let me know from an OS 7 device if they can connect to https://tfl.gov.uk - both of my phones on separate networks give the error;

Unable to connect with the current security settings. Please contact your provider...

Other ssl sites (google, facebook etc) all work fine.

Any easy way round this or should I just give up as more & more people are using odd root CA's which may not be known to the hand-held.
    12-22-16 02:20 PM
    Most they hardened their servers and limited which ciphers, tls versions, ssl versions they allow. If it interest you, try to run a check with ssllabs.com, which will exactly what do they allow. For security reason everyone needs to disable all weak ciphers, tls and ssl versions. Unfortunately the older phones does not support the newer or more secure ciphers, tls and ssl versions.
    12-22-16 02:49 PM
    Yes I'm aware of older cyphers being retired, and just having a quick look its the CDN (Cloudflare) who issue the stronger certs.

This is going to become a problem I suspect - I presume there is no way we are going to get any sort of update to allow the stronger crypto ? There must be a *lot* of people out there who may get hit with this as people upgrade servers etc.
    12-22-16 03:36 PM
    Yes I'm aware of older cyphers being retired, and just having a quick look its the CDN (Cloudflare) who issue the stronger certs.

This is going to become a problem I suspect - I presume there is no way we are going to get any sort of update to allow the stronger crypto ? There must be a *lot* of people out there who may get hit with this as people upgrade servers etc.
    BBOS 7 hasn't been updated in several years, don't expect issues with its antediluvian browsers to get any better.
    12-22-16 04:58 PM
    That's very odd - it appears to be working today from both phones without any changes...
    12-23-16 01:42 PM
    BBOS 7 hasn't been updated in several years, don't expect issues with its antediluvian browsers to get any better.

Yeah I guess it would be too much to ask for the Mighty Chen to do the right thing by his own loyal customers. Just keep churning out junk for Android instead.

Even Internet Explorer 6.0 (cirac 2001) supports TLS.
    David Tyler likes this.
    01-19-17 01:59 AM