I would love to be able to switch between my Z10 and a 9900, but that will only work if I can simply swap out the SIM card to switch phones. I'm on AT&T, and my understanding is that BIS will be activated automatically for me on a BBM phone, so swapping SIMs is my next question.

Thanks in advance for advice!

Posted via CB10
    12-09-16 09:05 AM
    Z10 use microSIM and the BOLD 9900 use standard SIM. But I use one day Z30(microSIM) and Bold 9900 without any adapter. Just put microSIM quite precisely in to the SIM tray. And it works without problems
    12-09-16 09:19 AM
    A friend of mine wanted to swap between a Passport and a Bold using a SIM card adapter. From his report, the adapter part is doable, but you have to be careful to not bend or break any pins. Also, you're correct about AT&T: Their network will recognize a BIS device, and BIS is free.

The problem -- as reported by my friend -- is that he had to call AT&T and have the SIM card re-provisioned every time he swapped. I use a Passport and a Bold, but the two devices each have their own SIMs.

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    12-09-16 09:24 AM
    A friend of mine wanted to swap between a Passport and a Bold using a SIM card adapter. From his report, the adapter part is doable, but you have to be careful to not bend or break any pins. Also, you're correct about AT&T: Their network will recognize a BIS device, and BIS is free.

The problem -- as reported by my friend -- is that he had to call AT&T and have the SIM card re-provisioned every time he swapped. I use a Passport and a Bold, but the two devices each have their own SIMs.

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    So, do you use two different phone numbers, or do both SIMs use the same phone number? Do you pay a separate months fee for each phone? I don't know if AT&T will provision the same SIM in two different sizes.

Posted via CB10
    12-09-16 10:09 AM
    So, do you use two different phone numbers, or do both SIMs use the same phone number? Do you pay a separate months fee for each phone? I don't know if AT&T will provision the same SIM in two different sizes.
    I have two phone numbers. I'm pretty sure no one will provision two SIM cards with the same number. When I'm using the Bold, I forward the Passport so the Bold rings. Then, I change my Passport BBM status so people know I'm using the other phone.

andy957 likes this.
    12-09-16 01:47 PM
    I have two phone numbers. I'm pretty sure no one will provision two SIM cards with the same number. When I'm using the Bold, I forward the Passport so the Bold rings. Then, I change my Passport BBM status so people know I'm using the other phone.

Got it! Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    12-09-16 02:41 PM

Here in Germany, all carriers can issue up to 3 sim cards with one and the same number. And they'll all ring at the same time.

Posted via my q10
    12-09-16 04:30 PM
    I bought a good quality German adapter and the nano makes a positive "click" when I put it into the adapter to go into the 9900. I have swapped many times and never a problem. I prefer an adapter because it gives you lots of plastic to get the Sim out, instead of messing with toothpicks and a knife, etc.

The sim clicks and is incerted the side DOWN to the pins in the Sim tray, and the nano cannot possibly pop through the other side of the adapter because it only is a ONE WAY incertion. It baffles me how anyone can muck that up and destroy their pins. (but of course anything is possible) You just have to go slow, but too many Youtube vids do it quickly and they may not be taking the time to apply even pressure to all the pins and I think they are taking a big risk when they rush it on those vids.

"The 99's charms will tug at your heart. Nothing else ever approached such exquisite perfection"-idssteve
    Last edited by Ralph Morgotch; 12-10-16 at 02:42 AM.
    12-10-16 01:51 AM
    9900 uses the good old big sim

Posted via Passport SE
    12-10-16 05:02 AM
    Here in Germany, all carriers can issue up to 3 sim cards with one and the same number. And they'll all ring at the same time.

Posted via my q10
    Too cool!!

12-10-16 11:15 AM
    That is really excellent.
    12-11-16 11:39 AM