I hate this thing already, bought it launch day, got it 2 days later, loved it.

Out of nowhere, battery started draining like crazy. Dealt with it for a few days, then I did a factory reset, and it didn't improve. why?
    11-29-16 09:27 PM
    I hate this thing already, bought it launch day, got it 2 days later, loved it.

Out of nowhere, battery started draining like crazy. Dealt with it for a few days, then I did a factory reset, and it didn't improve. why?
    We'd be only guessing because we have no idea how your device is set up. Why don't you take it back? There are lots of happy customers here so you are the anomaly.

Out of the box mine was getting crazy good battery life, but I have only 30 or so apps , no games and no face book.
    LoveMyLBZ and o4liberty like this.
    11-29-16 09:49 PM
    My dtek60 battery is killed waaaay better than the priv

And with quick charge, I don't see any issues at all
    11-29-16 10:08 PM
    What apps are you running, post some pics I'm sure it will explain your battery drain
    Jrox74 and LoveMyLBZ like this.
    11-29-16 10:12 PM
    Yeah more details might help us to help you
    LoveMyLBZ likes this.
    11-29-16 10:19 PM
    LOL what.....The battery life on the 60 is excellent. Check your phone zettings
    LoveMyLBZ likes this.
    11-29-16 10:35 PM
    I agree the my dtek60 is 100000% better than my priv
    LoveMyLBZ likes this.
    11-29-16 10:38 PM
    Battery life is better than priv get over 4hrs screen on time easy with moderate to heavy use
    HaberNik likes this.
    11-30-16 01:40 AM
    My dtek 60's bettery life is better than z30, and quick charger is amazing
    LoveMyLBZ likes this.
    11-30-16 02:21 AM
    Day 1 = limited apps = great battery life

One week in, if you have a crap load of apps running and use it a lot, obv it will discharge quick. Mine def does this too. it's the price to pay to have a a crap load of stuff running.
    11-30-16 08:11 AM
    Learn how to tweak your settings and welcome to android lol

#whatisclassic
    11-30-16 08:13 AM

#whatisclassic
    exactly. now that i have android, i understand why people like Apple. Everything is simple/easy/less customization. Android is basically windows. Very flexible, but if you install apps with default everything, and click accept, uncheck "set as default ____" apps will quickly take over a lot of resources and F up your experience.

For non-tech savvy people, you pretty much need an Apple product these days. For advanced users, Android is the only way to go, as you can take control of how things run.
    Plazmic Flame and Avenzuno like this.
    11-30-16 08:18 AM

#whatisclassic
    Exactly. As an android newbie it took me a few days to get used to it and get rid the battery hogs. All good now. Not as long as my passport but still pretty good
    11-30-16 08:32 AM
    Let me guess - you have Snapchat on the phone. It's a pig.

BTW you can download a tool called "OS Monitor" from the Play Store which will tell you what apps are running at any given point in time. If you find something nailing the CPU, well......
    11-30-16 09:12 AM
    I'm getting 4 days, yes 4 so the title is misleading and shouldn't speak for all.
    11-30-16 09:36 AM
    shouldn't speak for all.

title doesn't say for all
    11-30-16 10:00 AM
    title doesn't say for all
    it doesn't say for some
    00stryder likes this.
    11-30-16 10:03 AM
    I'm getting 4 days, yes 4 so the title is misleading and shouldn't speak for all.
    Here's mine. Woke up last night to use the bathroom. I knew the battery was at 100% since I left it charging when I went to bed at 9.

Got up at 8 checked my battery and it's looking good.
    Attached Thumbnails DTEK60 Battery Life is crap for me-13474.jpg  
    11-30-16 10:12 AM
    it doesn't say for some
    OP wrote it, obviously it is for him
    00stryder likes this.
    11-30-16 10:15 AM
    it doesn't say for some
    It says "for me". Nothing wrong with the OP asking. What are these forums for, again?
    Plazmic Flame likes this.
    11-30-16 02:44 PM
    It says "for me". Nothing wrong with the OP asking. What are these forums for, again?
    Title changed and that's better . OP, I'm sorry to hear of your battery draining quickly. Have you found anything out on it?
    11-30-16 02:46 PM
    Here's mine. Woke up last night to use the bathroom. I knew the battery was at 100% since I left it charging when I went to bed at 9.

Got up at 8 checked my battery and it's looking good.
    Now see what happens when you remove the FB App and replace it with a wrapper (like Metal)!
    11-30-16 02:54 PM
    My iPhone 6s died mid day just now at around 11:30, was charged this morning at 6 to 100%. so Apple is not any better when you have apps running. Didn't even warn me or nothing. Just couldn't turn it on. Just saying. BB10 was the only battery king if you don't run Android apps.
    11-30-16 03:22 PM
    it originally didn't say "for me".....added after the fact.
    farmwersteve likes this.
    11-30-16 03:28 PM
    Now see what happens when you remove the FB App and replace it with a wrapper (like Metal)!
    As soon as I got my DTEK60, was actually just gonna use the browser to access FB but others on this forum have said try the app first. I guess so far so good that it ain't killing my battery as bad as I thought.

I also don't leave Apps running. If not being used...i shut them off. Also assigned Bluetooth to my convenience key for quick on/off. Bluetooth and NFC are on only when I need it.

When I jump into my car and realize that can't make calls...damn OK press the convenience key and all's good since Bluetooth is back online. Then when back in the house I turn it off. I only use NFC for tap and pay and the extremely rare transferring of files, photos, vids to other NFC phones. Then when done I turn off.

Here's the battery after some heavy use from lunch time to roughly now again since my phone was unplugged from 1am last night.
    Attached Thumbnails DTEK60 Battery Life is crap for me-13543.jpg  
    Plazmic Flame likes this.
    11-30-16 04:06 PM
171 123 ...