New here just bought the Storm and trying to figure this out..any help would be great

Is there a way to have a password protected folder for pictures you dont want other people seeing? Say the gf sends you some pictures for your eyes only...
    12-05-08 12:44 AM
    No there isn't sorry. Best thing to do is enable a password to use your phone which you can do in the security options.
    12-05-08 12:47 AM
    New here just bought the Storm and trying to figure this out..any help would be great

Is there a way to have a password protected folder for pictures you dont want other people seeing? Say the gf sends you some pictures for your eyes only...

You could make a new folder and exclude it. Then now one will see it unless you explore on the media card from your phone
    12-05-08 12:50 AM
    You can hide the pictures.
    12-05-08 12:50 AM
    You can send them all to me, Ill encrypt em for you and send em back
    12-05-08 12:59 AM
    LOL havent you learned from miley cyrus, keeping pictures "just for you" on your MOBILE device is a bad idea
    12-05-08 01:00 AM
    LOL havent you learned from miley cyrus, keeping pictures "just for you" on your MOBILE device is a bad idea
    haha yes, but im not worried about that right now. my roommate and a bunch of other marines love to play with my phone so i gotta keep them safe or i wont get anymore!
    12-05-08 01:03 AM
    Why not just lock them out all together then?
    12-05-08 01:13 AM
    haha yes, but im not worried about that right now. my roommate and a bunch of other marines love to play with my phone so i gotta keep them safe or i wont get anymore!
    Those "pictures" you are getting are passing through VZW's system somewhere.....
    12-05-08 06:58 AM
    Email them from your phone to an email account not linked to your phone (Gmail, etc.) then just delete them off it....that's what i do with those types of pics when they get sent to me.
    12-05-08 07:06 AM
    They go through vzw systems but no copies are Sept or archived. Once delivered its removed from the server.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-05-08 07:08 AM
    They go through vzw systems but no copies are Sept or archived. Once delivered its removed from the server.

Thats a thought though. How private are our conversations, texts, pics? Are they really deleted off the server or is someone in a back room checking through each and everyone making sure we aren't setting something up in code?
    12-05-08 07:18 AM
    Thats a thought though. How private are our conversations, texts, pics? Are they really deleted off the server or is someone in a back room checking through each and everyone making sure we aren't setting something up in code?
    They are kept but I'm not sure how long, probably only for a month just in case there's a bill discrepancy.
    12-05-08 07:19 AM
    Or they are being watched by Homeland Security........
    12-05-08 07:22 AM
    There is a hide option if you press the menu key but I have no idea how to find or un-hide pics

imezru30 likes this.
    12-05-08 08:10 AM
    A few months ago, when I had my Pearl, I was having a problem receiving picture messages (turned out there was an actual bug in the Pearl's OS that was causing it) and when I was doing some tests with the VZW tech, they stated that when a text or picture is delivered via sms, it's removed from VZW system. The only time it is kept on VZW's system is if the phone does not support picture messaging (like the Blackberry World phone) and it gets stored in that users account so that they can retrieve those messages online.

I am assuming that this is true as during the testing I kept asking him to go into my account and check the messages that were sent to me and to try and resend them and he said that was impossible as the only record that they have is that one was sent, they can't resend as its deleted from the server once it successfully sends the message.

One poster said that the picture messages are stored on the server for a month, that's only true if you use the web service to share your pictures with people who do not have a picture message capable phone or your phone does not support it.
    12-05-08 08:18 AM
    I was wondering this same thing, With my windows mobile on my Q it was easy, you can just hide/unhide pics very quickly. I see you can hide on the storm but how in the world do you unhide from the phone?

I am very interested in doing this as well for obvious reasons lol.
    12-05-08 08:26 AM
    The fact that they say they are deleted is horsecrap. Send someone a sms about anything remotely close to terror and see if its deleted then

12-05-08 09:00 AM
    The fact that they say they are deleted is horsecrap. Send someone a sms about anything remotely close to terror and see if its deleted then

Probably filters trough a system of trigger words and if it doesn't hit any it's deleted.
    12-05-08 09:03 AM
    To hide a picture:
    1. Select a picture by tapping it.
    2. Click the Blackberry/menu button
    3. Select and then click on "Properties"
    4. Select and click the checkbox next to "Hidden"
    5. Select and click the "Close" button
    6. The picture you have just hidden should not show up in any view or folders under pictures

To view a hidden picture:
    1. From the main desktop click on the Media icon
    2. Select (don't click) the Pictures icon
    3. Select and click the Blackberry/menu button
    4. Select and click "Explore"
    5. Select and click "Media Card" or "Device Memory" (depending on where you save your pictures)
    6. Continue to open each folder until you have found and opened the "Pictures" folder
    7. Click the Blackberry button
    8. Select and click "Show Hidden"
    9. You should now be able to see the hidden pictures

To unhide a picture:
    1. Select the hidden picture after using the steps above
    2. Click the Blackberry/menu button
    3. Select and click on "Properties"
    4. Select and click the checkbox next to "Hidden" to uncheck the box
    5. Select and click on "Close"
    6. Your picture is no longer hidden!

crossposted to the Tips and Tricks sticky
    12-05-08 09:18 AM
    So theres no way to hide the entire FOLDER without going and hiding each and every photo?
    12-05-08 09:24 AM
    this has annoyed me a lot i have all sorts of nudie pics from ladies of questionable repute on my phone and i have to worry about my video and picture folders

oh well

fap fap fap
    12-05-08 09:31 AM
    So theres no way to hide the entire FOLDER without going and hiding each and every photo?
    No, not that I've found. If you click on "Properties" for a folder, whether in the explorer or image viewer, the option for "Hidden" is there but grayed out and unclickable.
    12-05-08 09:32 AM
    You can hide a folder with your pc when your berry is connected...then, its hidden on the blackberry. You just use the method above to unhide it. *has hidden folders*

-neil

12-05-08 09:50 AM
    You can hide a folder with your pc when your berry is connected...then, its hidden on the blackberry. You just use the method above to unhide it. *has hidden folders*

-neil

Okay.. Step by step me how to do that. Gracias.
    12-05-08 09:58 AM
63 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD