Well,

Finally bit the bullet and ordered 2 DTEK60s like I always do when I get new phones. One for me and the other for my wife. Took advantage also of the launch bundle.

As much as we love our Passports (her's white, mine black) along with our past devices going all the way back to Pearl etc.. onto to BB10 devices Z10, Z30, Passport...the support of the BB10 OS hasn't been updated much, much longer than I had anticipated. We use our Passports as our workhorse daily drivers for Email, Txt, BBM, Phone First...then apps and browser use. I've installed Cobalt's method so I'm technically savvy in knowing how to get Android working the best it can on BB10.

With that being said...even with Cobalt's help, Android apps that we use are slowly becoming slow and unstable with every latest Google Play Store update for that specific app. Some don't even work anymore such as Sportsnet NOW which used to work beautifully. Still lucky that all the latest Android bank apps still work well including picture deposits.

The hub intermittently diasappears and when I need it to reply to what ever sound has gone off...I have to wait until it goes back on. No matter what I did, restart, cold boot, heck even re-installing the OS even with the latest auto boot loaders... but to no avail as eventually the infamous disappearing hub re-appears.

The browser also unfortunately...has fallen big time and some sites just sit and hang so after a good 3 months of waiting, waiting and more waiting for 10.3.3 to see if it'll help, I finally grabbed the bull by the horns and moved over to Android.

As with our Passports, I purchased the Blackberry Care Protection Plan which I definitely got my money's worth. I have had my Passport replaced 3 times (1 screen lift, 1 sound/speaker and 1 mic not working issue) where as my wife, only had 1...she dropped it and severely cracked the glass.

With each replacement I couldn't tell if it's been refurbished or not because all the OEM pastic screen protectors are perfectly on and the phones themselves have no blemishes, scratches with no signs wear or having the look of a used product. They also have that NEW smell...you know when you first open a brand new box. So again...Blackberry Care Protection Plan has big time served us well and will continue to do so until our DTEK60s arrive.

When that happens...I will cancel my Protection Plan. Does anyone know if the DTEKs will eventually be covered under Blackberry Care Protection Plan as I only have 30 days to do so after the purchase.
    Just ordered 2 DTEK60s...will blackberry care protection plan eventually be offered?-email-confirmation-dtek60-x2-order-1.jpgJust ordered 2 DTEK60s...will blackberry care protection plan eventually be offered?-email-confirmation-dtek60-x2-order-2.jpg
    Last edited by qphone; 11-01-16 at 05:26 PM.
    11-01-16 05:15 PM
    Thanks for staying with BlackBerry (even if it's android) , hope you enjoy your new phone.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-16 06:22 PM
    Does anyone know if the DTEKs will eventually be covered under Blackberry Care Protection Plan as I only have 30 days to do so after the purchase.
    Doubt it. It's not offered for the DTEK50 yet AFAIK, so there's no reason to think ti would be for the 60 either. - http://us.blackberry.com/support/bb-care-warranty.html though given you placed an order, why not just email customer care and ask as well.
    11-01-16 06:33 PM
    Answer from BlackBerry last week

The DTEK60 is still not included on the extended warranty plan since we have just wait for any future updates. Please check our website every now and then for that one. You can also register there at that website.

Sincerely,

Rae
    11-01-16 06:38 PM